Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159653 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #510 on: June 13, 2008, 09:31 AM »
Man, I feel like I'm getting more bitter in recent years, but I'm not happy  :-X.  That set shouldn't be called Imperial, other than the Biggs; I was sure we were going to get 3 OT style pilot types.  THRILLED to get a red B-Winger (see my post signature) but why in an Evolutions set?  He needs to be individually carded to army-build, like Tycho!  I'm going to end up with a few dumb female Lekku head pilots...
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 13, 2008, 09:37 AM »
Sal,
     If Muftak passes on Bigg, I would be willing to trade/buy him from you,
Chris
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 13, 2008, 11:19 AM »
Sal,
Chris

Okay cool. For now I'm only looking for Kashyyyk troopers. Though when wave 2 Legacy hits I'll be looking for a few multiples there.

Consider the Biggs on hold for you, if Muftak passes. If I don't hear from Muftak by the end of the day, then the trade will default to you.

I'll let you know.
-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 13, 2008, 11:57 AM »
I'll take 3 please.  3 ROTS'rs for the ARC-170, 3 Biggs' and holo out the 3 OTC TIE Pilot helmets I already have, 2 for the ARC Gunship, & trade/sell the extra.

But who's the other Hoth rebel pilot on the back of the box?  They alt the heads on the female, and the paint/head on the Bwinger, could we be getting Wedge?  If so he better not have that damn skull cap.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 12:02 PM by jedipurge »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #514 on: June 13, 2008, 12:10 PM »
But who's the other Hoth rebel pilot on the back of the box? 

According to the rumors from a while back, the third pilot in that 2nd Pilot set should be "Desin Ommis" or something like that... 

Imperial Pilots Legacy
Set of three collectible action figures based on Imperial pilot characters from the Star Wars films includes Clone Pilot (Attack of the Clones), Clone Pilot (Revenge of the Sith) and Biggs Darklighter figures.

Rebellion Pilots Legacy #1
Set of three collectible action figures based on Rebellion pilot characters from the Star Wars films includes Dorovio Bold, Wes Janson and Ten Numb figures.

Rebellion Pilots Legacy #2
Set of three collectible action figures based on Rebel pilot characters from the Star Wars films includes Cesi “Doc” Eirriss, “Keyan “Lucky” Farlander, and Desin Ommis figures.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #515 on: June 13, 2008, 12:20 PM »
Kesin Ommiss is Hobbie's gunner I believe

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 13, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Sal,
Chris

Okay cool. For now I'm only looking for Kashyyyk troopers. Though when wave 2 Legacy hits I'll be looking for a few multiples there.

Consider the Biggs on hold for you, if Muftak passes. If I don't hear from Muftak by the end of the day, then the trade will default to you.

I'll let you know.
-Sal

He's all yours, ctrona. Thanks for the offer, Sal. I appreciate the gesture.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 13, 2008, 03:08 PM »
But who's the other Hoth rebel pilot on the back of the box? 

According to the rumors from a while back, the third pilot in that 2nd Pilot set should be "Desin Ommis" or something like that... 

Imperial Pilots Legacy
Set of three collectible action figures based on Imperial pilot characters from the Star Wars films includes Clone Pilot (Attack of the Clones), Clone Pilot (Revenge of the Sith) and Biggs Darklighter figures.

Rebellion Pilots Legacy #1
Set of three collectible action figures based on Rebellion pilot characters from the Star Wars films includes Dorovio Bold, Wes Janson and Ten Numb figures.

Rebellion Pilots Legacy #2
Set of three collectible action figures based on Rebel pilot characters from the Star Wars films includes Cesi “Doc” Eirriss, “Keyan “Lucky” Farlander, and Desin Ommis figures.

Why I've no idea who they are, which seems weird why'd they make Janson and not Wedge it's just a head sculpt and paint apps on a helmet.  Oh well I guess we keep waiting.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 13, 2008, 11:53 PM »
I actually like  Biggs.  Yeah, the open face kind of sucks but I would probably keep the helmet off of him in a pose anyway.  I am really not all that excited about the other 2 pilots.  I guess is is nice that they updated the ROTS pilot.  It seems like an odd choice to make that blue pilot.  I would have thought they would have gone with a V-Wing pilot especially since they released it as a vehicle.  Then again they would not want 2 pilots from the same film in this set.  Oh well. 

I am happy to see the red B-Wing pilot.  I will probably get that set for certain. 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 14, 2008, 07:28 AM »
Sal,
Chris

I'll let you know.
-Sal

He's all yours, ctrona. Thanks for the offer, Sal. I appreciate the gesture.

Sure Muftak.

Okay ctrona, it's yours. Keep in mind my trade wants when this comes around.
-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 14, 2008, 10:21 AM »
It occurred to me that perhaps a second TIE helmet, non see through, comes with the set (you know, as an accessory.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #521 on: June 14, 2008, 10:56 AM »
Given that they already have a nice TIE helmet sculpt laying around (from the Comic Pack Baron Fel figure), it would be nice if they tossed it in there as an accessory...  I guess we can all hold out hope it's in there!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 15, 2008, 02:13 AM »
So we've seen the Imperial Pilot set:

And now the first Rebel Pilot set:

But I really want to see the second Rebel Pilot set! (in closer detail than the pic on the back:)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #523 on: June 15, 2008, 03:04 PM »
What is it with Hasbro and the white B-wing flightsuit?  Did they even watch the movies?

On a more positive note, I like the other two pilots in the set.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #524 on: June 15, 2008, 11:52 PM »
What is it with Hasbro and the white B-wing flightsuit?  Did they even watch the movies?

On a more positive note, I like the other two pilots in the set.
Usually those color and likeness type things are dictated by LFL