Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158658 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #540 on: July 2, 2008, 05:00 PM »
Actually I think this is who Scott has listed in the Master Archive as Dorovio Bold   Which I think is right by the helmet markings.

The other X-Winger from Home One with blonde hair is...  Kin Kian or something.

So there's two X-Wingers and I coulda sworn a woman in red flight suit is standing way in the back too with the B-Wingers.  It's so heavily shadowed though it's tough to tell that one.

Sorry jesse but Kin is a guy, check Wookiepedia.  It does look like a pony tail in that pic but if you watch the whole of the briefing scene very carefully and look @ the other pic on wookie he's sportin a shaved head.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 2, 2008, 05:56 PM »
I went over ROTJ and saw in the briefing the Red pilot-Bwinger, Grey pilot-Ywinger, Orange-Xwinger, & Green-Awinger.  Where are the guys in white, are they in the actual battle?

I think it was in this forum where everyone was going back and forth between the roles of women in the rebel alliance, there are about 6 female officers/tech in the khaki uniform during the briefing.
Back me up Daigobah w/that badass dio of yours I'm sure you've watched that scene over and over again.

Wondering what helmet we'll get for the human b-winger, there are pilots in the red outfit walking around the hanger when Han/Lando are talking about taking the Falcon, some of them had red "x-wing" helmets on.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 2, 2008, 07:29 PM »
Back me up Daigobah w/that badass dio of yours I'm sure you've watched that scene over and over again.

LOL- yeah, there were both women and men wearing the khaki tech outfits with the caps that had an eye design on them.  I made a couple male versions here:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #543 on: July 2, 2008, 11:46 PM »
There is indeed B and A-Wing pilots with X-Wing style helmets on...  Not to say they aren't X-Wingers, or some other pilot, but I've always argued those guys in the past.  They're noticeable as Han/Lando say their goodbyes on Home One's hangar floor.

Ultimately I think the whole "color = pilot duties" is stupid...  Same with the helmets.  The helmets are probably handed out to various squads, and you get what's available.  One may be a Rebel manufactured, or several may come from sympathetic manufacturers, and some may just be stolen/found/donated.  Considering Han has a helmet in his ship that is identical in every way to the ANH pilot helmets, I'm guessing it's just a popular helmet.

In the briefing scene, A-Wingers are seen with the "Tycho" style helmet and the cloth liners on...  Yet we see A-Wingers with a totally unique helmet (The upcoming Arvel Crynyd has this helmet on) in the movie's combat scenes. 

And you're right, that is a dude jedipurge...  Weird.  I had no idea who that person was actually but thanks.  So one female pilot...  Good to know.

If it's of any interest to anyone, the original X-Wing game actually had a "randomized" thing that put a picture, supposedly of your character, up on the screen.  You'd change the name and you'd get a different look.  it included everything from Mon Calamari pilots cobbled together from film pilot images and the Mon Cal officer images, to all kinds of pilots and uniform colors with helmet combos to match.  Basically, any pilot could have on any gear at any time, and it didn't really matter.

The white suited pilots never made it tot he film for one reason or another, but the only white suited pilot ever pictured (as far as I know) is Ten Numb.  And ultimately he makes it to the film, but in red, during the Ewok celebration.  I've heard people refer to him as Nein Numb also, but I think there's a shot of Nein at the party in his Falcon get-up, and Ten is seen in full B-Winger gear, but all in red.

Somewhere I read the B-Winger's suit was dyed red at a later time just on a Lucas whim too...  Forget where but I know it was a making-of type book.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 3, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Wow, cool techncians Daigo-Bah. Now Hasbro has to make some.

Purge, we shall certain chat about a trade when the time comes.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 3, 2008, 11:32 AM »
Thanks Jesse, so does make the white suited b-winger EU  :P.  I also kinda figured the same thing as far as the different colored uniforms/helmets go as well, you take what you can get.  But I was just mostly wondering what I should buy whn these sets hit.  Probably get one w/the white and get more of the red and all my Hoth pilots can go to Anton  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #546 on: July 3, 2008, 01:52 PM »
so does make the white suited b-winger EU

Technically yes...  Anything not in the movies is EU, so that'd count I guess.  I just put the white suited Sullustan(s) I have in with all the other pilots.  Just another schmuck in a jumpsuit.  If they did someone in a blue one, they'd just get mixed in somewhere.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 3, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Woh! Kin Kian's a guy!!!! You really do learn something new everyday! :o
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #548 on: July 4, 2008, 12:35 PM »
I'd heard something about a picture floating around of the Fett Evolutions set in the Legacy packaging without the right emblem on Boba Fett...  I'll post it again here but we have a shot of the item with the emblem on it.

You can see pretty clearly the logo in place there...  I'd guess the other image of the Fett Legacy set is actually a mock-up and we will be getting the emblem in place.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 8, 2008, 03:50 PM »
It looks like someone has found the new Evolution sets including Rebel Pilots I and II, and the Imperial Pilots (with pictures of all the new ones) - so it looks like they could be there for the 26th release.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2008, 03:51 PM by Brian »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #550 on: July 8, 2008, 04:58 PM »
I love the stash on the second Hoth pilot, very shoe salesman. these look great! I am so excited to spend even more money than I already was on 7/26! Keep it coming, it grows on trees ya' know.

All jokes aside, I am glad to see these will hit very soon.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 8, 2008, 07:33 PM »
In a way I was not happy to see these will be coming on July 26 simply because I really want to buy them but they did not fit in my budget. So now in order to pick up the imp and rebel v2 sets I have to skip on buying the At-Te   :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 8, 2008, 11:43 PM »

Just look at that gorgeous set!  How am I going to get the 4 or so B-Wingers I need for my diorama?  The Hoth pilot looks excellent as well, and the Twi'Lek will be easy enough to behead and replace with a human head  :D

Edit: now I can change my post signature to reflect getting the human B-Wing pilot  :-*
« Last Edit: July 8, 2008, 11:45 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #553 on: July 9, 2008, 12:54 AM »
Now put a damn Fleet Trooper in there. :)

Yeah, great set(s) to me...  I'm down for many of these if I can find many of these.  It's an army building dream, a set like this.  The Twi'Lek hopefully will accept the Marion/Russian chick head too.  Make some customs...  Other heads are available out there too, so I look forward to much customizing and army building with all the Evo sets but Padme.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #554 on: July 9, 2008, 01:01 AM »
The only annoying this with customizing this set will be finding spare helmets to fit human female heads. That is such a  minor gripe though I'm excited they made a helmet to fit the twi'lek, hopefully it will fit some of the male aline X-Wingers I've made. I'm in for quite a few of this set. I could use a bunch of Red B-Wingers and some more Snowspeeder pilots. I'll probably rebuy the Fett set as well. That was probably my favorite Evolution set out of the last batch and I could use another Boba and Jango somewhere around the collection room. I may end up getting two of the Imperial Pilot set. If that faceplate on the Biggs had been closed it would have been a whole lot more. I probably won't grab as amany of the first Rebel variant but I'll get one or two for sure. And count me in for one Padme set as well. Damn this is going to be expensive... :-X
"This is the way."