Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158666 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #615 on: August 25, 2008, 12:51 AM »
Oh. I guess the local WMs are a little behind then, since none of them have had the Evo sets until now.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #616 on: August 25, 2008, 01:20 AM »
Oh. I guess the local WMs are a little behind then, since none of them have had the Evo sets until now.  :-\

I guess I'm in the same boat. None of the Wal-Marts around here have ever had any, nor the shelf space for them. I luckily found two fo the Rebel Pilot set #2 at Target a while back, I only ever saw the set that one time and still haven't seen the Imperial pilots.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #617 on: August 25, 2008, 02:22 AM »
It's pure horse pucky too...  The Red B-Winger is probably one of the best modern figures IMO.  Bias aside, the sculpt, articulation, and paintjob are all outstanding on that one...  It's a pretty incredible figure and even surpasses Tycho Celchu which I thought was pretty damn perfect.  I've inspected the red B-Winger up close and man it just looks incredible.  Making it incredibly annoying that a lot of us can't seem to find it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 25, 2008, 09:41 AM »
We've been in pretty much the same boat around here as well, I haven't seen any of the Evolutions sets at our WM stores either - and I'm pretty sure they don't have the space for them even.  Its lucky if they get the starfighter vehicles or battle packs on the shelves, since that space is so crammed full of lightsabers.  Man, WM loves that role play stuff (which I guess sells like crazy, from what we've been told before).

Also, on Jesse's point, I agree.  The red B-Wing pilot is one of my favorite figures of the year as well.  I was just putting that set into a display case this weekend, and was looking the figures over again.  I'd really like to have another extra of that figure (or a few), and really hope it gets released on a basic card at some point (possibly in Legends, a la Zev Senesca?).  I just can't afford to pick up more $20 sets for basically that figure, not that I've seen it at retail anyways (I got mine via HTS).  Anyways, excellent figure.  I always have fond memories of the B-Wing figure since I remember mailing away from one as a kid.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 25, 2008, 09:50 AM »
I'm confident things will change in regards to Reb set #2. There should be more on the way and as long as Evolutions is scheduled to ship though the Holiday's, everyone should be able to get as many as they want.

Hey, that might be a good Hasbro question - How long are they planning to keep evolutions on the shelves?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 25, 2008, 12:24 PM »
Isn't there also supposed to be an update of the Imperial Pilots evolution set?

My guess is that we're going to see cases of Rebel Pilots #2 and a new Imperial Pilots #2 at some point in the future.

I have one of the Rebel Pilots #2 set. It's the only "launch" item I'm still looking for to have an opener of. At this point, I'm more concerned with the influx of Comic packs, exclusive battle packs and Legacy Collection Wave 3 than I am with scoring another one of those Evolution sets.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 26, 2008, 09:29 AM »
I'd like to see what a second Imperial Pilots set would look like, but I think it was just a rumor.  :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #622 on: August 26, 2008, 09:42 AM »
Imp Pilots v2 is not a rumor, it was confirmed for Spring 2009... 

Sounds like the V-Wing Pilot is coming in 2009 in a second Imperial Pilots pack according to the latest Yak Q&A.

For those too lazy to follow the link to read the whole thing, here is the Hasbro Q&A quote:

"We did not have reference for a V-Wing pilot to do this set, but there will be a V-Wing pilot coming in Spring 2009 in a second Evolution pilots pack. Stay tuned!"
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 26, 2008, 09:50 AM »
I've been wondering if we'll get another Imperial turned Rebel in the next Imperial Pilots set.  My own guess on that being Han Solo.  Hobbie is already on the way in his Imperial Pilot gear with the Pirate TIE.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 27, 2008, 09:57 AM »
So many rumors, it's hard to keep track.  :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 27, 2008, 03:19 PM »
So many rumors, it's hard to keep track.  :P

Agreed. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 27, 2008, 05:15 PM »
This looks to be another weird distribution issue, kinda like wave 5 of TAC last year.  There is no shortage of pilot evo sets up here in Canada.  The $29.95 price tag and 12% tax are probably helping that, but I've been able to find all three sets in relative abundance locally.  I'm really not inclined to purchase them at that price though.  I did pick up the Imperial set just in case I can't find it on a trip to the US in September, but it is staying in the box with the receipt in case I can find a cheaper duplicate and just return this version.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 28, 2008, 03:52 PM »
Finally got my Rebel Pilots 2 EVO set.  VERY NICE! 

"Doc" is cooler than expected.  The helmet is nicely done.  And the articulation is good.

Farlander is the star of this set for me.  I've been waiting for a red uni B-Wing pilot for a while, and this fits the bill very nicely.  Great articulation.  The harness straps are well done...I've actually been using it as a makeshift leg holster for the blaster.

Kesin Ommis comes up a little short.  The overall sculpt is good.  But the head sculpt is a little weird.  The balljoint is tight and won't swivel as well as most.  And the head is swimming inside of that helmet.  I think the Janson headsculpt was much better in this respect.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 28, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Doesn't anyone find the helmet a little odd on Farlander?  Or is it removeable or at least poseable to some degree?  Cuz the ones that I have seen are a little goofy looking. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #629 on: August 28, 2008, 04:01 PM »
The helmet comes off...  Not sure what you mean by odd though, Brent? 

The "leather" type helmets didn't fit really well in that they sort of exposed a lot of face/forehead on the character.  Is that what you're talking about?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77