Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159187 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #735 on: May 22, 2009, 06:02 PM »
I agree Matt.  It'd be neat to see some of them wearing a sidearm, if for no other reason than real-world pilots tend to do the same thing.  It'd be neat if Hasbro mixed it up too, giving one maybe an ankle holster, one a hip holster, etc.  Would fans care if Wedge had one on? 

I think it makes them more exciting as a toy, to have that feature, but I also can see the "accuracy" argument against it for any film pilots... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 23, 2009, 11:17 AM »
I feel the same exact way, would love to see holsters, but am aware of the potential controversy.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #737 on: May 23, 2009, 12:07 PM »
I think there would be controversey no matter what.  Whatever Hasbro does with SW they're going to offend someone.

Sometimes it seems like they're trying to piss everyone off though!   :D

I just think it would be nice if not most the male pilots in my Hangar "Diorama" were either not waving their sidearms around, or have a pile of blasers in the corner!  Although the transport sled from the Yavin BP does have a decent holding area in it!

This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 23, 2009, 08:25 PM »
JediInsider has some boxed and loose pics up of the WM exclusive sets coming this fall.  Looking forward to these, it is too bad this line is going by the wayside.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 24, 2009, 07:52 AM »
JediInsider has some boxed and loose pics up of the WM exclusive sets coming this fall.  Looking forward to these, it is too bad this line is going by the wayside.

Seriously, this has been some of the best, if not the best stuff Hasbro has done.

I'm sure we'll see Tatooine Luke like 20 more times though, that'll be almost as good  ::)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 24, 2009, 11:32 AM »
Cool. It's going to be an expensive month when these hit the shelves.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 24, 2009, 11:35 AM »
Are these standard $21.99 or whatever or $29.99 since it's 2009 and everything is crazy?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 24, 2009, 11:39 AM »
I think WM has been pretty good about keep exclusive prices about the same as their non-exclusive counterparts.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 24, 2009, 11:47 AM »
Those look awesome. 

One thing, the contrast between the black clone pilot and tie pilot is very noticable.  Does the much wider crotch on the clone inhibit movement compared to the tie?  (Thank the owners there isn't still the out of context thread  ;))
I am not the Stig

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 24, 2009, 02:08 PM »
Hopefully I can get a few of those TIE Fighter Pilots, it really looks like an outstanding figure.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 24, 2009, 07:59 PM »
Does that guy in Singapore or whatever still sell the individual army builder figures on eBay? Because I wouldn't mind buying a few TIE Pilots from him so I can skip that set altogether.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 24, 2009, 09:22 PM »
Hopefully I can get a few of those TIE Fighter Pilots, it really looks like an outstanding figure.

Agreed.  And I have to think that it will only be a matter of time before the new TIE Pilot figure makes it's way into either Saga Legends or whatever the basic figure line is called a year or two from now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 24, 2009, 10:37 PM »
These are really nice sets - all three of them.  Definitely looking forward to the Rebels the most, but it will be hard to pass on extras of all these.  That is if I can find them at Wal-Mart of course.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 25, 2009, 02:38 AM »
Does that guy in Singapore or whatever still sell the individual army builder figures on eBay? Because I wouldn't mind buying a few TIE Pilots from him so I can skip that set altogether.

You and me both, and probably a few hundred other collectors.  I bet he'd be able to sell thousands of them.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 25, 2009, 11:28 AM »

You and me both, and probably a few hundred other collectors.  I bet he'd be able to sell thousands of them.

He's certainly not consistent about which figures from a particular set he can offer. Often it seems like he can only get one figure out of a set of three to offer.