Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158307 times)

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
Re: New Evolution Sets
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2007, 10:31 PM »
Yes, on the return of the evolutions. I am not getting the Sith one but Jedi, and Maldos, Hell yeah. Finally an SA ESB Colors Boba Fett and SA Jango Fett.  ;D

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2007, 11:32 PM »
I dig all three sets. They all have their pros and cons.

Jedi: Finally an SA Qui-gon. Glad to have an accurate Bultar Swan. (But that now makes me on the fence for teh comic 2-pack with her in it.) NJO Luke is "meh" to me.

Sith: Nihlus!!! YES! Maul looks to be an big improvement over the previous shirtless one, so I'll bite. Bane is odd looking, but nt too bad for me.

Mandos: SA JANGO! Mandalore is ok. Different and doesn't quite feel SW enough. Removable Helmet Boba! Awesome. I don't at all mind the white latex hoody on him. This looks to be the same head as the TAC Stormtrooper, now with white instead of black.

All in all decent sets. I want several Qui-gons, so I knw I'm going to have extra Lukes and Bultars, but those make for good custom fodder.

Thankfully there is only a need for one set of the Sith.

Now the Mandos...Dang, I want several Jangos (5-8) and 3 Bobas. I don't need more than 1 Mandolore. So it looks like I'll have some extra there. I'll prolly trade those extra Mandos off.

Good marks to Hasbro for tehse 3 sets. Not quite an A+. I'd give the total of the 3 sets a B+ to an A-.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2007, 01:02 AM »
I've changed my tune on that Sith set. I may switch Maul's head with the original Evolution Maul.

Dammit, I want these now!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2007, 02:36 PM »
I'm all in favor of all the figures that are making these sets but I wish they'd leave the Evolutions name alone and do these as single-pack or comic 2-pack figure sets. 

They don't make sense as an evolution IMO, not like a set of Obi-Wan or the Anakin and Trooper sets from 2005 did.  I'd rather have the option of picking and choosing.  I like the Nihilus figure but don't care for Maul or Bane.  The rest are all pretty decent with the Jango and Fett looking really nice.

I just think it looks like Hasbro caved to the collector's desire for Evo sets even though I don't think they make sense.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2007, 07:13 PM »
I'm all in favor of all the figures that are making these sets but I wish they'd leave the Evolutions name alone and do these as single-pack or comic 2-pack figure sets. 

They don't make sense as an evolution IMO, not like a set of Obi-Wan or the Anakin and Trooper sets from 2005 did.  I'd rather have the option of picking and choosing.  I like the Nihilus figure but don't care for Maul or Bane.  The rest are all pretty decent with the Jango and Fett looking really nice.

I just think it looks like Hasbro caved to the collector's desire for Evo sets even though I don't think they make sense.

E...

I think I understand where you're coming from.  But I think that there's been a significant level of demand for a few of these figures individually like Qui-Gon, Jango Fett, Boba Fett and to a lesser degree Darth Bane and Darth Nihilus. 

I think there's a bit of a wrinkle in the situation by virtue of the way Hasbro is trying to theme the waves, and that it may prove difficult to generate an entire wave that's suited to those characters.  And I think that becomes an even bigger consideration when Hasbro has already stated that the second half of 2008 is going to be devoted to Clone Wars.  So it looks like space in the 2008 line is at a premium, and perhaps an EU wave which might hold NJO Luke & Darth Bane got ruled out in favor of an OT wave.  Where to put them?  How about Evolutions?!

As for the actual Evolution process?  I think that the figures were photographed out of an evolutionary order just so they would make for nicer pictures.  Hence Mandalore flanked by both Boba Fett and then Jango Fett.  Obviously the order there should be Mandalore, then Jango and finally Boba Fett.  As for the Jedi set?  Qui-Gon is significantly taller than Luke or Bultar Swan, so he's in the middle of that photo for that reason.  But the order there should be Qui-Gon Jinn > Bultar Swan > Luke Skywalker.  And by that same token you'll probably see the Sith set packaged with Darth Nihilus > Darth Bane > Darth Maul in the historic progression of the Sith.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2007, 08:29 PM »
I want that Boba.  I'll trade or sell off the other 2 Mandalores to you guys just so I can get that Fett!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2007, 11:03 PM »
The differences in the evolutions set this time around could be killer for those that don't enjoy the EU.
I could conceivably see sets based around themes like "heroines of the galaxy" which could have nomi sunrider, hoth leia, and jaina solo. Maybe the "solo clan" with Han bespin, leia organa solo, and jacen solo,
rather than just padme sets, obi wan sets etc. Hasbro is all out for the EU now, and also wants to work in novel characters, older versions of core characters etc, and this could be their forum.
I'm all over this idea, and just sitting typing could think of so many more.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2007, 04:14 AM »
Darth Nihilius! Whoo! I must say, all three of these sets are very impressive and of everything shown, these are probably what i will be most looking forward to. Mandalore is a welcome addition as well, now I'll have someone to lead all those new Mandalorian warriors from that EE set.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2007, 02:12 PM »
Sweet! Awesomeness overload! I love the Sith one... Nice to see more KOTOR.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2007, 09:41 PM »
I love them all, I want them all i wish they were out now,   they all look sweet,  great for customs    ;D
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2007, 11:53 PM »
I'm thinking I would be a lot more excited about Bane if they made him from before he got his funky orbalisk armor. Something more like this:

If someone wants to resize that image, that'd be great. I'm afraid my picture-posting skills are somewhat limited.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 10:38 AM by starwax137 »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2007, 10:03 AM »
I'm excited about the Qui-Gon and the Fetts. Everyone else I can leave.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2007, 12:27 AM »
Out of these sets, the two figures that I am most thrilled about are definitely Bultar and Nihilus! Theyre incredible. Jango looks pretty great, too. I am very excited to pick these up! Viva Evolutions!!!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2007, 01:13 AM »
The only one Im not really interested in is Darth Bane. But I'll probably keep him if that orbalisk helmet can come off.
I remember my dream now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2007, 01:16 AM »
Anyone else think Maul's shoulders proves Barry Bonds is on steroids?

:P