Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158655 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New Evolution Sets
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2007, 01:41 AM »
If Maul played ball I guess. :)

I'm kind of geeked at the randomness of the new packs, and I was pestering Hasbro right off the bat on the Q&A's about Evolutions making a return.  I thought that was the best concept of 2005 that they so quickly just bailed on.  Did anyone honestly see Evolutions in bulk anywhere, much less on sale or something?  $20 for 3 SA figures with lots of crap is a pretty cool deal to me, so I'm really excited at the prospect of the line coming back.  Plus JediMAC said Hasbro told him the line would continue past these 3 new sets as well.  Kickass.

Not wild about some of the character choices, but at least 2 out of 3 in each set is great, and 1 is so-so, so I'm down for these sets.  I do hope they go back to some traditional looks though for characters like Obi-Wan (E1, E2, and E4 would be my 3 choices), Padme (Not sure which 3 you do here honestly), Luke (Tatooine, Hoth, Jedi Duel), and Rebels (Fleet, Hoth, Endor).  Throwing in the EU curveballs is odd.

I'm loving the Fett set though, outstanding...  The Mandalore's cool if you're into the whole Mandalorian thing, the Jango's just simply outstanding (and makes me appreciate the apartment Jango much more), and the Boba is great too with the little hood.  Real cool stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2007, 05:57 PM »
The Maul was a dumb choice, rather of saw another KOTOR sith or maybe Senate Duel Palpatine.

The Jedi chick is a weird choice, good figure but weird. They should of had the ultimate Yoda or soemthing.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 3, 2007, 07:37 AM »
From everything hasbro has said tin their past QnA's I can't not see future sets containing EU characters.
They Know the demand is their for certain characters, they don't seem to want book characters in the basic line, so we'll likely see sets with padme, leia and jaina, Ep1 obi, luke, and jacen, rather than just padme or obi-wan sets. JMHO.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 3, 2007, 09:10 PM »
Although I loved the original Evolutions sets, I'm just ok with these.  I think that the Jedi set is my least favorite and the Sith and Mando sets are tied.  I'll more than likely get all three just because I'm a completist on certain lines (to a fault), but I would have much rather had the SA Qui-Gon and SA Jango as single carded figures.  Or I guess in Jango's case, in the EE 14 Pack that I already ordered  :P
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: August 4, 2007, 02:13 AM »
The big picture to look at is this though...  They're doing NEW Evolutions sets.  The idea was one of the soundest ones Hasbro ever had, and it was one of their best selling ideas ever.  The price is about right, the figures are great, and so long as distribution holds up, they'll be easy to collect.

The thing is, to me anyway, that the idea is there again and Hasbro's trying something new...  So while you maybe get a "wha?" figure in these 3 new sets, you're getting some great figures along with the "stinker"...  And there's the hope of some of the sets we want (Obi-Wan, Padme, Rebel Troopers, etc.) is there now, where a year ago this was a dead line Hasbro wasn't bringing back.

I made it a point we asked about Evolutions almost immediately when the Q&A's started, and Hasbro vehemently denied them coming back...  Seems the idea must've been real sound. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 4, 2007, 02:43 AM »
Now that they've done a 180 on their stance on Evolution sets, next up is Playsets!!!!   ;D

Anyways, it's great they're doing these.  But I do hope they do well enought to keep Hasbro interested in more waves of these.  If the Jedi set warms bad, and it very well could - that's gonna hurt the line.  I also thing the Sith set might sit more than the ROTS one did.  At least we know the Fett set will be hot...

I wish they had done something new with trooper builders though.  It's great to get the repacked Stormtrooper set, but how about something like this too -

SA KOTOR Sith Trooper
SA ROTS Coruscant Gray Clone Trooper
SA Legacy Era Stormtrooper

:P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #51 on: August 4, 2007, 11:30 AM »
I'm getting about 3 of the jedi and sith sets, Great for Jedi and Sith Customs. The lower body of sith2 maul looks better than the original Evo Maul, So I'm gonna be Switching out the lower half to get a better maul.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 4, 2007, 11:55 AM »
Now that they're mixing EU into the Evo packs, here are some of my ideas...

Troopers
NEW Sith Trooper (KOTOR) w/ Blaster Rifle, Vibrolance, and Removable Helmet
REPACK Stormtrooper (Based On 30AC) w/ New Head Sculpt, E-11, And Mouse Droid
NEW Stormtrooper (Legacy) w/ Blaster Rifle

Bounty Hunters
NEW Calo Nord (KOTOR) w/ Heavy Blasters, Removable Cap, And Detonator
NEW Zuckuss w/ Heavy Blaster Rifle
NEW Jodo Kast w/ Blaster Rifle

Heroes
NEW Carth Onasi (KOTOR) w/ Blaster
NEW Han Solo (Yavin Ceremony) w/ Medal & DL-44
NEW Kyle Katarn (Jedi Academy) w/ Blaster, Detonator Gun, And Lightsaber

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 4, 2007, 11:43 PM »
Luke Skywalker-
Farmboy- Lightsaber, Sniper Rifle, Grappling Hook
Hoth Pilot- Lightsaber, Rebel Pistol, Grappling Hook (Different than the ANH version, suction cup)
Death Star II- Lightsaber, Removable Flap

Princess Leia-
Buns- Pistol
Slave- Chain
Pregnant- Blaster

Troopers Version 2-
Sith Trooper
Coruscant Clone Trooper (SA re-paint)
Legacy Era Female Storm Trooper (Is there a difference between the regular Legacy stromie & the OT stormie?)

Padme Amdiala-
Naboo Battle- Pistol
Arena- Removable Chain, Battle Droid Blaster
Buns

Obi-Wan Kenobi-
TPM- Lightsaver, Re-breather, Qui-Gon Lightsaber, Robe
AOTC- Lightsaber, Robe
Ben- Lightsaber, Robe

Droid Sidekick-
HK-47- Blaster Rifle
T3-M4
R2-D2 (R4-G9 re-paint)

C-3PO-
TPM
AOTC- Battle Droid Blaster
OT (Super-Articulated_
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 7, 2007, 08:06 PM »
I see them doing an Obi-Wan Set but not Luke, Padme, or Leia because

1. Luke is the Main Character in all of Star Wars, They would NEVER put 3 SA versions of him in one pack. That would be dumb on Hasbro's part. It would be awesome but stupid. 

2. Padme and Leia are poison in the retailers eyes, because they are girls, not alot of kids (boys) would not never pay 20 dollars for three figures that did not have any guys characters in it. 

But I would like to see an Evolutions Rebel set that comes with the SA Tanive IV Trooper. SA Hoth Soldier (This Figure needs to come out), and SA Endor Commando.

Also does anybody knows if the 2nd Clone Evolution Set from 2005 is also coming back out ?

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 7, 2007, 09:29 PM »
Luke is the Main Character in all of Star Wars,

I don't know..after all didn't the story revolve around Ani/Vader. after all Ani, Obi, R2 and 3PO were the only ones (that i can think of at the moment) that have been in all the movies.

Think about it  ;)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 7, 2007, 10:39 PM »
The Maul was a dumb choice, rather of saw another KOTOR sith or maybe Senate Duel Palpatine.

The Jedi chick is a weird choice, good figure but weird. They should of had the ultimate Yoda or soemthing.

Ah yes, Senate Duel Palpatine! Excellent idea.

I don't mind Bultar Swan. It's confounding why she gets two figures in a year though. I much prefer the movie version. Now I'm rethinking buying the comic pack. I dn't really need it. However it may make for good custom fodder.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 7, 2007, 10:40 PM »
Now that they've done a 180 on their stance on Evolution sets, next up is Playsets!!!!   ;D

Anyways, it's great they're doing these.  But I do hope they do well enought to keep Hasbro interested in more waves of these.  If the Jedi set warms bad, and it very well could - that's gonna hurt the line.  I also thing the Sith set might sit more than the ROTS one did.  At least we know the Fett set will be hot...

I wish they had done something new with trooper builders though.  It's great to get the repacked Stormtrooper set, but how about something like this too -

SA KOTOR Sith Trooper
SA ROTS Coruscant Gray Clone Trooper
SA Legacy Era Stormtrooper

:P

Now that is a set I'd get MANY of! Good call.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 7, 2007, 10:41 PM »
Now that they're mixing EU into the Evo packs, here are some of my ideas...

Troopers
NEW Sith Trooper (KOTOR) w/ Blaster Rifle, Vibrolance, and Removable Helmet
REPACK Stormtrooper (Based On 30AC) w/ New Head Sculpt, E-11, And Mouse Droid
NEW Stormtrooper (Legacy) w/ Blaster Rifle

Bounty Hunters
NEW Calo Nord (KOTOR) w/ Heavy Blasters, Removable Cap, And Detonator
NEW Zuckuss w/ Heavy Blaster Rifle
NEW Jodo Kast w/ Blaster Rifle

Heroes
NEW Carth Onasi (KOTOR) w/ Blaster
NEW Han Solo (Yavin Ceremony) w/ Medal & DL-44
NEW Kyle Katarn (Jedi Academy) w/ Blaster, Detonator Gun, And Lightsaber

Some decent ideas there. I like the idea of getting Calo Nord and carth Onassi.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 7, 2007, 10:42 PM »
Luke is the Main Character in all of Star Wars,

I don't know..after all didn't the story revolve around Ani/Vader. after all Ani, Obi, R2 and 3PO were the only ones (that i can think of at the moment) that have been in all the movies.

Think about it  ;)

True dat.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2007, 10:43 PM by jedi_master_sal »