Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158300 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: New Evolution Sets
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2007, 01:01 AM »
Don't know on the EU Pilot you mentioned...  I'd much prefer a Fel actually, but that's me...

I don't actually know what the Predator pilot looks like, or if there even is a depiction yet. I do know there's a new TIE in the Legacy comics and if a pilot hasn't been shown yet, there will be one sooner or later.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 01:02 AM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2007, 09:02 AM »
Rebel Pilots sound fantastic, but with my luck it'll be:

E1 Pilot
E2 Pilot
E4/6 Pilot
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2007, 02:01 PM »
Rebel pilots could be nice, but really there's already so many good rebel pilot bodies now that I don't know how necessary that is... how about Rebel Troopers instead!

- Rebel Fleet Trooper
- Hoth Rebel Trooper
- Mon Calamari Officer

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2007, 02:20 PM »
I hoping it is the Rebel Pilots for evoutions because I am an nut for pilots.  But it is probaby going to be another jedi set, 3po, and padme.  I want  this to be wave 3

Rebel Pilots

SA Naboo Pilot w/ Overcoat (I)
SA Luke - Snowspeeder Pilot (V)
SA Wedge - X-Wing Pilot (VI)

Obi-Wan

SA EP1 Obi-wan
SA CW Obi-Wan (Clone Armor)
SA EP4 Obi-Wan (Please :)) The VOTC doesn't cut it.

Padme

Pre-Senate Padme (I) - I prefer if they do the Handmaiden Version
SA Arena Padme (II) - This will happen
Peacock Dress Padme (III) - Saving Buns Padme for Card

More Future Evoultions ideas

C-3PO Set (I-IV)
Imperial Set (?)
Bounty Hunter Set (Zuckuss, Dengar?)
Smugglers Set (Kyle Katarn)
More Clone Sets (pretty postive there going to be more)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2007, 04:16 PM »
Rebel pilots could be nice, but really there's already so many good rebel pilot bodies now that I don't know how necessary that is... how about Rebel Troopers instead!

- Rebel Fleet Trooper
- Hoth Rebel Trooper
- Mon Calamari Officer

I disagree with you there Justin... Tycho is the only really good Rebel pilot we have. Luke is good for Luke, but he is way too short to be anyone else, the Dutch sculpt is a fairly good and all but the arm articulation leaves something to be desired and he is a behemouth. But I'd definitely be down for a Rebel Troopers set. Though I think I'd swap out the Mon Cal for an Endor Trooper or Endor Commando and save the Mon Cal for a single card.

I think my ideal Rebel Pilot set would loook something like this:

-EP IV Wedge Antilles X-Wing Pilot - I'd really like to see Wedge get the SA figure he deserves. The body could easily be re-used on any generic X-Winger
  -EP V Snowspeeder Pilot (I don't really even care who it is, Dak, Wedge, Luke, Janson, or even just some generic guy, would all be perfectly acceptable to me. Again the body could easily be re-used for other pilots)
  -EP VI Nien Numb or a B-Wing Pilot

I really prefer a straight OT set, but based off all the other Evolutions I kind of doubt that it would happen that way. An Imperial Pilot set would be cool too though I don't know what all they'd include. A V-Winger and TIE pilot would be obvious choices I would think, maybe the Fel like some of you suggest for the third?  I wouldn't mind a resculpt even though it would be so soon after the first one came out.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2007, 05:07 PM »
I see what you're saying too Ryan... and I agree Tycho is better than any other pilots out there.  But, I'd have to say that Rebel pilots as a whole have gotten better treatment than the listed types of Rebel soldiers over the past few years...

Pilots -

Soldiers -

Other than Nien Nunb, I think the Rebel Pilots are pretty much ok... sure, a better Snowspeeder Luke than the one that's in the Hoth Pack should be made... but all of these have pretty good sculpts, and articulated knees... look at the difference in quality between the X-Wing pilots and the Rebel troopers... the troopers don't even have knee articualation, except for the Fleet Trooper - but that sculpt is so outdated...

Plus - the main problem I have with the X-Wing pilot really being resculpted (other than Porkins) is that we've been bombarded with the Dutch Vander sculpt, which is pretty dang good (though a bit tall) - so far from that sculpt we've gotten Dutch, Wedge, Biggs and Hobbie... and two of those were this year.  Do we really want to have to start our X-Wing armies all over again so soon?  I say give it a few years at least on the X-Wing pilots... make Nien Nunb a regular carded figure, and same for the B-Wing pilot...

Not that I don't like Rebel pilots - I do... but I'd rather see a Rebel set of troopers, which I think would be  a stronger seller because:

1) Most army builders will probably want to have more generic troopers than pilots

2) The Rebel Fleet Trooper and Hoth Trooper are in desperate need of resculpts

Maybe make a set with a Rebel Fleet Trooper, a Hoth Trooper and a B-Wing pilot.  Or something.   ;)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2007, 05:08 PM »
Yuck... look at all that blue  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2007, 08:08 PM »
I remember reading a Hasbro QnA response in which they said they really want to do a pilot Corran Horn figure but lamented that he never actually appeared as a Rogue Squadron pilot in the comics to qualify for a comic 2 pack. My gut says he will fill out one of the slots. As a green-outfitted X-Wing pilot, he would certainly be unique looking, plus would go along with the 08 Evo trend of including one EU figure.

The names "Rebel Pilots" and "Imperial Pilots" kind of exclude the possibility of prequel figures, though, don't they? (In fairness, I suppose a Padme' set excludes the original trilogy.)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2007, 10:47 PM »
Green X-Wing Pilot... that could be cool.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2007, 01:35 AM »
Considering there isn't even a human B-Winger yet, in the proper red, with the proper helmet, I don't entirely agree that we don't "need" a new one of that...  Also, and it's maybe nitpicky, but the "Dutch" sculpt has never sat well with me as the definitive one to re-use.  Knees are great, but so is arm articulation...  The A-Winger puts them to shame at this point.

Not to mention Dutch is an oddly tall figure compared to, well, anyone.

And I'd then say the middle figure needed is a Hoth pilot...  The cobbled together Zev is visually ok, but not as cool as it could be, just like "Dutch" is.

That's not to say I don't agree about a Fleet Trooper or Hoth Rebel Trooper, or even the Endor Trooper...  All 3 pretty much suck equally.  And I think all 3 would sell better than any pilot.  That's where a pilot 3-pack makes sense though too.  It sells through less units in general than a basic figure can...  I still can't find Honor Guards around me, and that was a background Rebel and sort of bland...  Sold real quick though.  So I have no doubts other Rebels done in similar quality will sell through well at the basic level.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2007, 09:57 AM »
If those are true, I'll probably save some money & skip the Sith set.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2007, 01:07 PM »
Here's a pic of the TIE pilots from the Legacy series, there some TIE's hanging in the background of the hanger.  These could definately be a part of the Evo series with an SA OT TIE pilot and a V-Winger.

www.darkhorse.com/profile/preview.php?theid=14-435&p=1
www.darkhorse.com/profile/preview.php?theid=14-435&p=2
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2007, 02:11 PM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2007, 02:33 PM »
Looks like the order sheets went out to the major accounts.  I'd say that's a verification right there.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2007, 03:56 PM »
Here's a pic of the TIE pilots from the Legacy series, there some TIE's hanging in the background of the hanger.  These could definately be a part of the Evo series with an SA OT TIE pilot and a V-Winger.

www.darkhorse.com/profile/preview.php?theid=14-435&p=1
www.darkhorse.com/profile/preview.php?theid=14-435&p=2

Okay those look cool.

And I like the Legacy Officers as well. That could easily be another EVO pack: Republic Officer, Imperial Officer and Legacy Officer (all SA and the greenish color-with NO main characters to allow for easy troop building).
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010