Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159361 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: New Evolution Sets
« Reply #120 on: January 1, 2008, 12:19 PM »
Interesting ideas, Pete.  Maybe they had been planned to be carded.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 1, 2008, 12:27 PM »
Interesting ideas, Pete.  Maybe they had been planned to be carded.

Well - I think Hasbro had always intended on putting out the Secret Apprentice in a box set like this. If I recall, shortly after Toy Fair, in one of their Q&A sessions when asked why the Secret Apprentice wasn't part of the Force Unleashed assortment, the response Hasbro came back with was "we have something special planned for the Apprentice character" - to me this three figure set is definitely something special.

It gives me great hope for this game - more than anything else, this figure set confirms that the game itself will work in a manner similar to KOTOR and KOTOR II - that was the best part of those games in my opinion, the ability to play the game differently and affect your character, your companion characters and the end result of the game.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 1, 2008, 09:58 PM »
I think the standard apprentice should've been carded, and the Evo set should be Vader, Sith apprentice, and Jedi apprentice.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 2, 2008, 09:41 AM »
They look well done, but at this point, they don't interest me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 2, 2008, 03:55 PM »
I'm very, very interested in TFU Evolutions.  Chewie is gonna be spending a lot of dough on this stuff.

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 2, 2008, 09:10 PM »
Looks like a nice set and all, but the Apprentice and Sith Lord look far too kit bashed and to derivative of other characters(Revan, Anakin, Bousche, Mandalore and such)..

He just doesnt seem Imperial nor Sith Lord in quality , looks like a glorified Gothic punk rocker reject.

*If anything he should be dressed more like an Imperial officer(Lord Jerec) or like Cade Skywalker/Imperial Knights.

Anyway I like his vehicle the most.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2008, 09:11 PM by Darth Vorax »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: January 3, 2008, 01:22 AM »
I'm pretty stoked...  The Jedi looks like the character from Assassin's Creed actually, which is a pretty cool get-up.  The Apprentice looks very "average guy" kind of feel, which I appreciate...  The Sith Lord version has a mask reminiscent of Revan, but the rest is freakish.  It's like Palpatine if he were young and wore less clothes...  The pale skin, the sort of "twisted" look from the dark side...  Seemingly a little damage and cyborg-ish stuff going on too, but not too much...  Just enough to make him look like a fighter.

I dig it...  I dig most anything Evolutions though.  This is one of the most anticipated sets for me now though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 3, 2008, 01:46 AM »
Think also his outfit is rather close to those punk-like costumes the Sith were wearing in the comic "Jedi vs Sith".

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #128 on: January 4, 2008, 12:42 PM »
The Sith Lord version has a mask reminiscent of Revan, but the rest is freakish.

It also has some design ques from Boussh's helmet. I like the average look too. I wonder if you can kill Vader in the game and restore the Jedi order in a else worlds ending, that would be very cool. I loved that aspect in the ROTS game that you can kill Obi-Wan and then Palps.

You said it Jess, anything Evolutions is dug by all.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 4, 2008, 02:46 PM »
Ok, I'm guessing that you can't appear as BOTH the Sith Lord AND the Jedi in the game.  Now the pale skin makes sense for me - if you end up turning into a full blown Sith, that's the appearance of the character.  If you're redeemed, the appearance is that of a traditional Jedi.

I dig it.  A lot.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 4, 2008, 04:07 PM »
This set looks awsume, I can not wait to get this game and these toys.   it looks like it will play just like KOTOR & KOTOR II.   I can't wait to play it on the Wii.   
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 4, 2008, 04:18 PM »
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 4, 2008, 04:21 PM »
How about these instead:

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 4, 2008, 05:06 PM »
Is it just me or does it look like the packaged version of the NJO Luke is MUCH IMPROVED over the loose figure shot.

Looks like the hair is more combed than wild, it also looks like the head it sitting better on the neck post. In the loose shot the giraffe-neck effect is in full-force.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 4, 2008, 07:49 PM »
The idiots should made Exar Kun, not another freaking Maul  or Fett.  ::)