Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159269 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #210 on: January 29, 2008, 10:14 AM »
Wow if those are the breakdowns of the EVO sets, I'm not impressed.

There are still way to many MOVIE figures of these to be done.

I don't know most of these.

There's several from the trench run that haven't been done. As well with the attack on the second Death Star.

The Imp pilot set is blah. Biggs or no, I'm not buying the set for just him.

Still can't tell which Padme's are being used. I'm going to bank on these being all OLD sculpts. Hasbro will say they haven't been on the market for awhile and they wanted to get them into NEW hands. Then if that set sells well, they'll consider more Padme figures later either carded or as another EVO set. Most of us do not need those figures again. The set will pegwarm and Hasbro will claim there isn't an interest in Padme figures. That's not it, it's that there isn't an interest in OLD figures. Granted Hasbro could us the excuse of the new Fireside Padme. But to that, I'd say that is a case of too many in an assortment. Put ONE in a case and the figure sells better. It might still peg, but not as badly. Also don't put her in future assortments. Knowing she will only be available for a very limited time would urge we collectors to buy her now or pay higher priced on eBay later (a likely scenario).

In a way I'm kinda glad of how these packs are being planned. It's quite possible I'll pass on the Imp and 2 Reb pilot sets. I'll go to eBay for the one fig from each set I want, or hold out in hopes for a carded figure down the line.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2008, 10:32 AM »
If these breakdowns are correct, I'm a little bit disappointed as well.  I guess I was looking forward to seeing what the Rebel/Imperial sets would have to offer (especially with not much OT news yet this year), and although these figures might turn out to be great, I will admit some of these characters are a bit unfamiliar to me.  I was sort of hoping for an all-new (super articulated, non Dutch Vander body) Wedge, or maybe a new SA Snowspeeder Luke, or something along those lines from the Rebel sets (and maybe the red suited B-Wing Pilot - which maybe we'll see in some form).

With the Imperial pilot sets, we already got an pretty spiffy AOTC clone pilot, and the ROTS pilot was a fine figure to me too (unless these are different in some way).  I guess we'll have to wait and see (probably at Toy Fair), but I guess the makeup of the sets is a little different than I expected.  I have high hopes for the Padme set as well, and these other sets could turn out great too.  I'm sure the figures will be quite nice (all the Evolutions figures so far have been), but the characters were a little surprising to me (if true).  That being said, I'm always happy with more Rebel pilots from the OT - so they are still welcome.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:45 AM by Brian »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #212 on: January 29, 2008, 10:49 AM »
When they says "ROTS Pilot", I wondering they are referring to the ARC-170 Pilot (maybe with new removable helmet) or possibly a V-Wing Pilot.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2008, 10:52 AM »
When they says "ROTS Pilot", I wondering they are referring to the ARC-170 Pilot (maybe with new removable helmet) or possibly a V-Wing Pilot.

maybe a V-wing pilot...they DID just release the ship...

im kinda excited for these sets. Im a sucker for rebel pilots so both of those have me hooked already and the imp set is a given. i want to see the padme figures though...cause i dont really know what they could be,
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2008, 10:55 AM »
I think the ROTS one is gonna be a V-Wing Pilot, though I wouldn't mind a complete resculpt of the 2005 one. As for the AOTC one, hasn't the ARC Pilot from the cartoon been rumored for a while?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2008, 12:50 PM »
I agree with your thinking RQ on the V-Wing pilot.
If the sets are true, why is Hasbro even bothering calling this the "imperial pilot legacy" when you have 2 prequel clones and a Biggs? Do we really need more prequel clones? Not much imperialism to me. OK, time for my negative rant!

I do not know about the rest of you but I do not get the fascination with Biggs the Brawny guy. We got two of him last year, I was not really yearning for another figure of this background bum sporting his Magnum PI stache.(Although Tom Selleck is one of the few men in the world who can pull off a mustache and still be taken seriously) Biggs has had his time in the spotlight, lets move on from him.

I would hope for this compromise (not that it will happen):
Set 1: V-Wing Pilot - SA Tie Pilot - SA AT-ST Driver/ Imperial Scanner Gear
Set 2: EP2 Clone Pilot - SA Tie with Biggs likeness - SA Star Destroyer officer (AT-ST driver Molded in black)

The Pilot sets sound interesting but the character choices are a bit off. Luke SA Hoth Pilot anyone?
Jaina would have made more sense than the ROTJ chic they have in ther now. At least the new female pilot body will be cool and a welcome edition to the universe. Ten Numb should have been Nien Nunb if they really wanted to get the Sullestian pilot thing right. I am sure this is the Tycho body molded in white with new head/helmet.

I really doubt Hasbro will reuse any old EP1 Padme's, this should be a nice set. I hope a really good arena Padme is included with tear away clothes. ;)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 12:53 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2008, 02:38 PM »
These dont sound exciting at all. I dont think i have ever heard anyone request most of those.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2008, 02:44 PM »
My high hopes for the pilots are dashed.  Wes is okay though.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2008, 02:45 PM »
I dont think i have ever heard anyone request most of those.

WORD!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2008, 02:49 PM »
I think we'll have to wait until we actually see pics of all of these before making a determination. 

Cesi sounds pretty cool -

I'm sure she'll share the same body sculpt as Dorovio -

Looks like we'll also be getting a couple more Snowspeeder pilots, sounds good to me... but what I don't get is all the love for pilots... how about some nice Rebel troopers? 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2008, 04:30 PM »
I'm not totally disappointed...

Keyan Farlander is easilly my favorite X-Winger of all time...  I'm shocked he's even in consideration.  There's no record that I'm aware of for him flying a B-Wing so I'm gonna say he'll be in his XW outfit considering that's his real claim to fame...  he was in NJO, but he's a force-adept pilot trainer to the Jedi, and I believe is pictured in (again) X-Wing gear for that...  Which I'm 100% fine with, as that's his "iconic" outfit.  Bring him on!

The female pilots are welcome as they're there...  Would've liked a female B-Winger and male B-Winger listed though (not Ten Numb).

The Imperial set is eh...  The AOTC pilot was unnecessary at best, the ROTS pilot could be a V-Winger (I'd say it more likely IS a V-Winger over an ARC pilot actually, due to the design), and Biggs as an Imp could be interesting I think.  But I'm almost sure Biggs will have the open-faced helmet design seen in his comic where he wears the pilot uniform, and it's dumb.  Not very Imperial.  If you get a closed-face helmet, that'll be a nice figure actually.  The open-face was just so readers could tell who the pilots were, and it wasn't actually intended to be the "true" representation of the outfit they had on...  So thus, if it's open-faced I'm disappointed, but the figure itself should be nice overall.

The other pilots are eh...  I'm interested in the gunners because I'm wagering we're getting SA Hoth Pilot bodies with those now, which will be nice.  Something neutral and poseable is needed for that body so we can get a new Dak figure, and hopefully a new Wedge.  Like I said, I like the female X-Winger too, from cut footage.

The Twi'Lek's not high on my list but I'll take it.

For $20, the Evolutions sets are nice I think, so I'm down with these.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2008, 05:43 PM »
No Picnic Padme then..... :'( :'( :'( 
Beth

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2008, 07:46 PM »
Yeah, they are okay.  I was just hoping for something like Snowspeeder Pilot Luke and Wedge (either X - Snowspeeder Pilot), Naboo Pilot with coat, black ROTJ pilot (don't know his name), maybe even Dack.  You know more stuff from the movies.  When you see Twi-lek and Ten Nunb (yet again), and a female from the deleted scenes.  Well it's kind of a letdown.  But yeah, they will probably be nice looking figures. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2008, 08:43 PM »
I'm wanting a nice Snowspeeder Luke too... hopefully these aren't just Zev bodies with new heads.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2008, 09:08 PM »
well so far all the evo packs we have gotten have been new sculpts for the figures. (except for maybe this new boba) so i think its pretty safe to say there will not be any repacks.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: