Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158671 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #555 on: July 9, 2008, 09:23 AM »
I was thinking that the female pilot helmet might be the same size as the vintage Luke helmet, which is smaller than all the other helmets (Vander, Zev, Biggs.) I guess we'll see when we can get them side by side.

But, yeah, great to see the Pilots II set and know that it'll be out on the 26th.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 10, 2008, 07:42 AM »
Great, I will be buying 2 of each. I am definely making my own Y-Wing Pilot and the correct Ten Nunb (taking Nunb's head and Human B-Winger's head and switch it about and boom instantly 2 new pilots)

note:  I know Y-Wing pilots are Grey, but white is close to grey in an way.

also making my own Snowspeeder Luke (an Luke head popping on
Wes and some how get an Han Holdster belt on him & Boom SA Snowspeeder Luke)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 10, 2008, 12:02 PM »
Great, I will be buying 2 of each. I am definely making my own Y-Wing Pilot and the correct Ten Nunb (taking Nunb's head and Human B-Winger's head and switch it about and boom instantly 2 new pilots)

note:  I know Y-Wing pilots are Grey, but white is close to grey in an way.

also making my own Snowspeeder Luke (an Luke head popping on
Wes and some how get an Han Holdster belt on him & Boom SA Snowspeeder Luke)
what about the VTAC Bespin Luke.  I thought about the same thing with the white pilots using them for gret but I wasn't sure how close these b-wingers are to the y-wingers.  My luck they'll come out with the ROTJ y-winger in some wave a couple months down the line.  so I think i'll stick to buying/building V2 of the set and just get 1 V1.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 11, 2008, 10:34 AM »
Upon closer look at the Snowspeeder pilot, looks like the stance is too wide. Disappointing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 14, 2008, 12:00 AM »
A Y-Winger is fairly different in the torso details than a B-Winger.  I made a couple customs by using the head and torso of the POTF2 version from the cinema scene with the arms and legs of a modern X-Wing pilot.  Their suits are grey as well.

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 14, 2008, 09:16 AM »
Grey? I never noticed. I'll have to pay attention next time I watch Jedi.

As always, nice custom.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 14, 2008, 12:44 PM »
Thanks Anton- yeah, in fact it is a solid, sort of pale grey.  Mine is a bit darker because I covered him in black then drybrushed in the grey.  They are seated in the top row of the bleachers on the leftmost side, more left than the X-Wing pilots.  The A-Wing pilots sit below them on the first row.
Greg Reeves

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 28, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Cracked open the rebel pilot sets - love 'em. Well done. I'm a tad disappointed that the B-Wing pilots have different neck sizes, kind of ruins my head swap custom plans.  :P It's also odd that Ten-Numb's neck color is human flesh colored. But, still, strong sets.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 28, 2008, 11:38 AM »
Had to go to three different Targets to find all 4 sets, but I got them.

Padme Amidala x 2
Imperial pilots x 2
Rebel pilots 1 x 1
Rebel pilots 2 x 1

Gotta say, that Padme set might be the best Evolutions set to date.  What beauty!

The Rebels are a lot better in person that I envisioned, especially the Twi'lek set.  Might actually get a second of that.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 28, 2008, 12:27 PM »
I just started cracking open rebel set 1 last night (hope to find set 2 today).  Wonderful!  I really love Janson's helmet decor and Ten Nunb's sculpting.  I'm going to paint him red even though I like the white color scheme (unless I can find a white version somewhere in the background of the movie  :P)
Greg Reeves

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 28, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Picked up the second Rebel Pilots set at Midnight Madness.

Cesi Eirriss- Favorite figure from this set, bar none. I love that we're finally starting to get alien Rogue Squadron pilots, and this one is a good one. I dig her holster, and her helmet is amazing.

Kesin Omnis- Least favorite figure, if only because he's a little bland. Just another human snowspeeder pilot for me. Still, he's a pretty good figure, and I hope we see a new Snowspeeder Luke with this mold.

Keyan Farlander- Right up there with Eirriss as one of my favorite figures from this set. This figure rocks, plain and simple. You get a vintage resculpt and a EU figure in one. What's not to love?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 28, 2008, 02:34 PM »
Finding them for $15 at Walmart... wow.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 28, 2008, 02:38 PM »
http://jediinsider.net/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2008_SDCC%2FHasbro&pic=129.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

Per this picture from Jedi Insider and what Chewie said, I think they are seriously overpriced around albany, I'm seeing them for $20-$25.  Am I missing something?
I am not the Stig

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 28, 2008, 03:33 PM »
$13.50?  Whoa... I hadn't seen that before.

In my area, Target and TRU has them for $19.99... I'm guessing that Walmart's odd $15.00 price point is a computer error, as that's what they clearanced the previous Evolutions at.  If their price was really supposed to be around that, it seems like it would be $14.96 or something like that.

Another reason I think this is an error on their part is due to some people including myself finding the Mon Calamari wave for $5.00 at Walmart... the same Walmart that clearanced their TAC figures for $5.00.  Looks like someone entered them in the system wrong, at least at a few stores.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 28, 2008, 04:11 PM »
Yeah, $13.50.  All the other pictures that show prices seem to be pretty accurate to what we see in stores $7.99 for basic figs, $20 for battle packs, etc.
I am not the Stig