Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158674 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #570 on: July 29, 2008, 09:35 AM »
Opened the Imperial Pilots yesterday. Decent set, but Hasbro did loose some army building sets from me with the Biggs.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 29, 2008, 11:34 AM »
Opened the Imperial Pilots yesterday. Decent set, but Hasbro did loose some army building sets from me with the Biggs.

Was it the Helmet or the head?
If it's the hemet I'd say it's time to contact Mangalord, Anton and send him the Baron Fel helmet  ;)
I was kinda thinking about using the Biggs helmet for some sort of Imperial ground gunner or something.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 29, 2008, 12:19 PM »
Since I've bought a few of the Fel Comic Packs, I'm just swapping those helmets out.  The hoses still fit, just a bit tight.

The Biggs helmet actually looks pretty sweet on the Fel head.  I'm thinking though that the Biggs helmet would be ideal for some Mobile Artillery Driver customs.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 29, 2008, 01:59 PM »
Since I've bought a few of the Fel Comic Packs, I'm just swapping those helmets out.  The hoses still fit, just a bit tight.

The Biggs helmet actually looks pretty sweet on the Fel head.  I'm thinking though that the Biggs helmet would be ideal for some Mobile Artillery Driver customs.

what did you do with all those figs?  :-\ can't imagine what kind of custom fodder they'd make.  They both kinda sucked in my opinion.
kinda what i was figuring with the Biggs helmet there has to be something there for it, especially since H cheaped out and didn't even give it a "glass" faceplate
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 29, 2008, 02:30 PM »
The four Hobbie pilots (I think that's the X-Wing pilot, right?) are just hanging out in rebel hangar scenes, the Fels are just chopped up for later use.   :D

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 29, 2008, 06:17 PM »
Chew- if you "need" to get rid of a Hobbie head, let me know, as I might have a droid piece or something to trade for it!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 30, 2008, 12:46 AM »
The only new Evolution set I've found (and bought) is the Padme one. No sign of any pilots, or corrected Boba sets for that matter.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #577 on: July 30, 2008, 01:13 AM »
OK, apparently I'm not enough of a Star Wars nerd to know how to put my Evo Pilots together...   :-[

Can someone please help me with where the B-Wing pilot hoses go?  I know one end is supposed to be plugged into the chest box (duh), but does the other side go into the right-hand side of the chest box (like the white pilot in the pic) or the left-hand side on the belt (like the red pilot)? 

Both sort of look right to me... is there supposed to be a "correct" way to hook them up? ???
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #578 on: July 30, 2008, 01:21 AM »
I think it can be either/or Jeff.

Other pilots have them hanging inside pockets, belts, etc.  I don't think either is really right or wrong.  I think the one of the right looks better though...  If that's any consolation.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 01:21 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #579 on: July 30, 2008, 01:57 AM »
Thanks, JJ.  I guess I'll just leave them mixed up like that for variety then... :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #580 on: July 30, 2008, 02:21 AM »
Finding them for $15 at Walmart... wow.

When I was buying a few extra Evo sets at our 24-hour WM at Midnight Madness (following the TRU binge), I noticed all the Evo sets were ringing up at $15 for me as well.  I threw the several that I bought in the car, and jammed back in to the store to buy a bunch more, and Target will now be getting all of their $20 sets back, despite my disgust for supporting the disgustingly repulsive WM franchise.

The only set at WM that wasn't $15 was the Fett set, which was the regular $20 price.  I'm sure WM will catch this error soon enough, and adjust their prices accordingly, so get 'em while they're hot!

Considering the prior Evo sets were the only items I was NEVER able to find on clearance at Target, this is a pretty good deal now in my books...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 30, 2008, 09:34 AM »

I have one extra, but darned if I can't get the hoses in.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 30, 2008, 10:17 AM »
On those hoses... I was trying to figure it out the other day so I referenced the most (un)helpful picture on the box, which showed one hose going from the chest box to one side of his stomach, and the other one coming out of the other side of his stomach and neatly tucked behind his leg.

It made no sense.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 30, 2008, 10:56 AM »

I have one extra, but darned if I can't get the hoses in.

I ended up having to squeeze the tips of the hoses with my teeth actually, then the hoses fit.   :P

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #584 on: July 31, 2008, 12:17 AM »
I got the First Pilots set today and just twisted the hosed into place.

Hope that helps....I'm not sure if they're in the right place or not.   ::)
This is the way.

I have spoken.