Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158689 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #600 on: August 8, 2008, 02:16 AM »
Yeah Jesse, you should have seen the shelf at TRU. 2 Padme sets, 2 Rebel Pilot sets, 2 Imperial sets, 2 Fett sets, maybe 20 TFU Apprentice sets. Evolutions have been sparse around here, as they always have been, but I've at least seen a steady amount of everything. What made it funny is that I haven't seen the Apprentice set since March (it was the first set to go when the sets first hit) and now here it is clogging pegs. These Evolutions sets are a funny beast.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #601 on: August 8, 2008, 02:22 AM »
And I'm nothing short of frustrated...  I mean, Keyan Farlander is as important to me as a RFT...  Seriously.  He's one of my favorite EU characters, and because of **** distribution I've been assured that getting this figure that's insanely important (to me) will be a pain in my ass...  And now I'm busy from basically 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. every night so I can't even get to stores easily in the evenigns like I used to.

I've not felt this annoyed at finding something in a long time.  It's slightly early panic I guess, but all I know is the last 2008 sets were impossible finds, and 2005 sets were impossible finds...  And now these new sets, are just as impossible to track them all down for me.  Bah!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 8, 2008, 09:33 AM »
The Evolution sets have always been really spotty around here too, and always seem to sell quickly.  I've been surprised that the Target endcap (which was full of the Fett and Padme sets on 7/26) is now sold down to only four sets total.  Honestly, although everything "new" and "Star Wars" seems to go quickly these past few years - the Evolutions sets and the GH Cinema Scenes are the ones that I always grab when/if I see them now, because they always seem to be the first to go.

I haven't seen the Rebel Pilots 2 or Imperial Pilots sets at retail here either, but ordered both at HTS.  I think the Rebel Pilots set is still in stock (I just got shipping notice today), if anyone else is having troubles finding these.  I'm really looking forward to the Keyan Farlander figure as well.  I have a lot of nostalgia for the red suited B-Wing pilot, because it was the first "mail away" I did as a kid, and I just thought that was so cool (and still do :P).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 8, 2008, 09:41 AM »
You're preaching to the Choir Jesse. For some reason, Hasbro always does that, put the less than stellar stuff in the first wave, and the cool stuff after.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 11, 2008, 12:39 AM »
Why not just swap with the V2 Red body when you get it, not painting involved......and no flaking. It's the same body.

I forgot to add that it wasn't so much the issue with the ball joint as it was that I want multiples of the human B-Wingers but only one Ten Nunb.  So to swap bodies would mean I'm losing the more desirable of the two.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #605 on: August 11, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Why not just swap with the V2 Red body when you get it, not painting involved......and no flaking. It's the same body.

I forgot to add that it wasn't so much the issue with the ball joint as it was that I want multiples of the human B-Wingers but only one Ten Nunb.  So to swap bodies would mean I'm losing the more desirable of the two.

Understood. I tried that very swap this weekend and the neck ball joints are different sizes o you cannot even do the head swap anyway. Guess we will have to wait for a single carded version......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 11, 2008, 09:26 AM »
I was pretty bummed to find that the ball joints were different sizes. I had planned on doing the same head swap.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 12, 2008, 09:14 AM »
I'll take a better pic today of the repaint Ten Nunb and show it here (have a rushed version in the customs section).  One thing interesting to those of us looking for rebel set 2 is that the Hasbro slideshow shows a shelf date of 8/15 for that one (even though several people have already found it).  So perhaps some stores were late getting them or asked to hold them in the back for some reason.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 11:35 PM by Jeff »
Greg Reeves

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 12, 2008, 03:21 PM »
I received the Rebel Pilots II set from HTS today.  I think that the Keyan Farlander figure might be one of my favorites of the year.  Just something nice about seeing that red flight suit again.  Is this it for the Evolutions sets until Spring now?  I didn't think we had heard of anything else (other than the Imperial Pilots Set variants coming next year).

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 12, 2008, 03:36 PM »
I received the Rebel Pilots II set from HTS today.  I think that the Keyan Farlander figure might be one of my favorites of the year.  Just something nice about seeing that red flight suit again.  Is this it for the Evolutions sets until Spring now?  I didn't think we had heard of anything else (other than the Imperial Pilots Set variants coming next year).

Isnt there supposed to be a c3po set aswell?

On the side note I have still yet to see rebel v2 however my sister left for Disney world today and she said she will try to find it for me there :)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #610 on: August 12, 2008, 04:05 PM »
What was the Imperial repaint set suppose to consist of? I remember hear that and the C-3P0 too, I would think that they would have been shown/mentioned at SDCC if it was for this year.

This would make a great Q&A question!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 12, 2008, 11:30 PM »
As promised, here are a couple pics of Ten Nunb that I repainted.  I also used a Nein Nunb head drilled out to become a ball/socket, since in the film scenes Ten has the skullcap on also.

Greg Reeves

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 13, 2008, 03:09 PM »
Got the Rebel Pilots 2 set yesterday. Very happy with the whole thing. Ecstatic about the Keyan Farlander figure--when I was a kid I loved my B-Wing and pilot, and gave him a whole backstory and name ("Champ") and patterned him basically after myself. So that was always a big hole in my modern stuff.

Happy with the Snowspeeder pilot too, even though his helmet doesn't fit his head right(too tight,) nor does his head fit the neck post(too loose.) Glad that the VOTC Luke head pops on easily...that should be a rehash soon down the pipeline form Hasbro.

Also really happy with the selection of weapons. Very true to the vintage era with SW, ESB< and ROTJ blasters all represented.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #613 on: August 23, 2008, 12:08 AM »
In an odd twist, I found some Evolutions sets at an out-of-town WM, of all places. They had Rebel Pilots I, Jedi, Imperial Pilots, and the Padme set, IIRC. They were $19.96.

So I guess certain WMs are getting into the Evo game.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #614 on: August 24, 2008, 11:27 PM »
WM's been in it since 7/26, they're just NOW seemingly starting to replenish them...  My WM got more of the same in (Reb set 1, and lots of repacks).  I got a 2nd Reb 1 set for army building purposes, but that's it.  Bummer...

Still not a single Reb Pilots 2, or Imp Pilot set to be found by me...   Blah.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77