Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159329 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #765 on: July 7, 2009, 12:50 AM »
John D. Brannon, aka Red 4 from the Battle of Yavin, is chilling out on the front page...

Head on out to check him out with and without his helmet on.

That pilot sculpt looks pretty sharp.  I'm excited to add him to the Yavin briefing set-up.  Power Team Elite made these slick folding chairs I've got some of, and the pilots look extra nifty in them gearing up for the battle.

Head on out and check him out though, he's a pretty neat looking figure IMO.

Hell, I want to see pictures of that diorama your setting up.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 7, 2009, 11:59 AM »
I'm already sick of it.

Same Body,

It's a newish kitbash. We've only had that body on Vakil so far.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 7, 2009, 12:26 PM »
If they are going to keep giving us new pilot characters we've never had before It's hard to complain about it being a reused body in my opinion.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 7, 2009, 01:03 PM »
If they are going to keep giving us new pilot characters we've never had before It's hard to complain about it being a reused body in my opinion.

I agree, Nick. I am all for new pilots (especially from the movies), and if they use existing sculpts for background pilots, I'm fine with that. I'm not a huge stickler for movie-correct detailed or lack of articulation figures for background characters

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #769 on: July 7, 2009, 08:42 PM »
Thirded...

That sculpt's pretty perfect.  I'll take about a dozen more using it...  I'd take:

-Keyan Farlander...  X-wing/Y-Wing pilot uniform from the games since his "B-Wing" outfit is basically an oddity.  Slap the Farlander head on it, give us a unique helmet deco, and I'm as giddy as a pig in slop.

-Biggs Darklighter...  A normal height Biggs would be nice.  He's actually not much taller than Luke in the movie, but he's not goon height of the Dutch body.  I'd take a new Biggs.

-"Generic" Yavin Pilot...  Blue emblems, black visor, clean helmet.  Give me 24 of that figure alone!  A couple unique headsculpts, maybe different ethnicities, would be great.  They were pretty abundant getting into the ships at Yavin though, and I'd love to see a generic one done because of that sequence of the pilots jumping into the cockpits and the crews handing them their helmets.

-Any random screen accurate Yavin Pilot who isn't done...  I'm for.

-Black Guy "She's Gonna Blow" from Endor...  Let's get him!

-Rogues...  I'll take what we can get of Rogues, Wraiths, etc.

-Red suited X-Winger, Endor...  Seen briefly in the hangar, but I'd buy him.  He's got a red jumpsuit on, but sports an X-Wing helmet.  Cna't make out his chest box, so I'd take him as just an X-Winger in red instead of orange.

And so on...

I'm all about them milking the hell out of this mold.  It's perfect to me.

Same goes for Snowspeeder pilots as well.  Any from movie guys to Dash Rendar, I'd take.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #770 on: July 9, 2009, 02:33 AM »
This next (hopefully not last) wave is really looking good. I'll pick up at least 5 of that Rebel set. If Hasbro keeps churning out Rebel pilots on these good bodies, I'll keep buying them too.

I noticed that Target (at least the ones around me) have started to clearance off their Evolution sets. They were marked down to $15 around here. That's a pretty good deal considering how much figures cost these days.
"This is the way."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #771 on: July 9, 2009, 04:27 PM »
I am looking forward to getting a few of these, I am very close to ordering a couple from Tunghori (If only he had Wedge in stock....). Making a SA Biggs may be easy if the Academy Version or Evo Bigs head fits the new Body. The Ball joint on Red & Wedge seems smaller than Squiddy so these could be a very easy mod.

As far as X-Wing Pilots go outside of Porkins/Chicks I am fine with 2 body styles like the Ewoks. Tall & Short, what else do you really need. I wish they would make X-Wings like Jedi Starfighters in 20+ repaints so all of them have a ride. I am in for x2 Wedge fighters to bulk up the fleet.

I want Grizz Frix next!!!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #772 on: July 9, 2009, 05:35 PM »
JOT,

Let me know if you would want an extra Wedge XW without the pilot because I'm gonna have to be shopping one around so I can get the figure (all I want).  PM me and let me know!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 9, 2009, 10:09 PM »
I got a few Wedges' off Tunghori, and the ball socket is very small, and completely orange, no flesh colored paint at all.  The headsculpt isn't as good as the comic pack, but passable. Helmet is nifty. I found it easier to custom Biggs, Keyan and some others on the Nrin body, by cutting down the socket aqnd adding gloves. However, I'll grab some John D's and see if it has a better socket. Corran too, when he's available.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #774 on: July 10, 2009, 04:09 PM »

We got a spiffy new image of the AOTC era Clone Pilot from the Evolutions set...  The "V-Wing" Pilot, sorta.  :)

Love the helmet.  Head on out to the front page to check out the nifty shots.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 10, 2009, 04:12 PM »
The Gunship pilot is probably my favorite figure from the new set. It's nice to have a Hasbro EU clone that is actually cool looking.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 10, 2009, 04:13 PM »
The helmet on that figure is awesome. I can't wait to HUNT for these at WMs.  :-\
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 10, 2009, 05:17 PM »
That helmet looks awesome!  The green shoulder pads look wonky, but that's just my take.  IMO it'd been cool if they carried some of the red striping down onto the figure.  I'm leaning more towards getting this one now.
I am not the Stig

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 10, 2009, 07:35 PM »

We got a spiffy new image of the AOTC era Clone Pilot from the Evolutions set...  The "V-Wing" Pilot, sorta.  :)

Love the helmet.  Head on out to the front page to check out the nifty shots.

Something about this pilot makes me want to take that helmet and put it on a ROTS Clone Pilot, and make that MY V-Wing pilot.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 12, 2009, 11:11 AM »
I agree. That combo would have made a much better V-Wing pilot.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."