Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158657 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #780 on: July 13, 2009, 01:47 AM »
JOT,

Let me know if you would want an extra Wedge XW without the pilot because I'm gonna have to be shopping one around so I can get the figure (all I want).  PM me and let me know!

JJ- if you sell the 2 ladders separately, I'd take them!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #781 on: July 13, 2009, 02:49 AM »
I'll let you know.  I'd probably keep them if JOT didn't want them though.  I'm more interested in the figure though, ultimately.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #782 on: July 14, 2009, 03:58 PM »
Though he's already been pictured a couple times, there's a couple nice new shots of Jake Farrel out that look pretty sharp, with and without his helmet.

I like the figure overall but he does appear a tad younger than I imagined.  
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 03:59 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 15, 2009, 11:07 AM »
If they were going for Dennis Quaid, the could have just reused his Gi-Joe sculpt.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #784 on: July 15, 2009, 11:43 AM »
This Rebel pilot set looks great! I already have Shire Brie from this set and she is very nice. The only set I am not too jazzed on is the Troopers. I am going to buy it for the V-Wingers but the Commando looks horrible.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #785 on: July 20, 2009, 02:24 AM »
Some new pictures of army builders from the upcoming Wal-Mart Evolutions sets turned up over the weekend, and I figured I'd post for everyone to check them out...

Clicky the heads to check out the story!

Personally, I'm geeked on the Imperial Storm Commando from the Evolution of the Commandos set...  The ARC Trooper Alpha is nice (they aged the headsculpt nicely), and I'm digging a super articulated Clone Commando, but that Storm Commando I've wanted done right for eons.  The Shadow Scout didn't cut it.

These were a West End Games design from many moons ago, and then was slipped into the Rogue Squadron video games on the Gamecube, actually.  This figure is VERY accurate to that design...  And if any of you don't want your Storm Commando, contact me!  I'll take it, as that's the one figure I think I truly would like a lot of...  though they're all looking great. 

Needless to say, I think I'll miss the Evolutions assortments a lot when they go away again.  I'm hopeful Wal-Mart makes these easily available to the masses, as they're really fantastic looking sets.

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 20, 2009, 06:06 AM »
Got A few John D's from the same seller, good to see the neck post is painted flesh, unlike the X-wing Wedge. And why is it that these minor characters (thinking back to the death star briefing set) are getting such awesome headsculpts, while the main characters, Luke, Mace etc are still so off. This is the perfect X-wing Pilot.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #787 on: July 20, 2009, 12:47 PM »
I wasn't planning on getting the clone pilots set, but I might just have to to upgrade my V-wing pilot.  He looks awesome!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 20, 2009, 03:03 PM »
I'm going to have to agree with Matt... I dig those black clone pilots. This is the Imperial pilot set I've been waiting for, as last years set didn't cut it for me. The Commando set is cool as well, but I wish it had a generic ARC and RC instead in order to be more army builer friendly.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 20, 2009, 04:12 PM »
I know this isn't the place, but if anyone needs extras of the Episode II style Tiger-striped Clone Pilot please let me know.  I've got 9 extras that I need to find a home for.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 21, 2009, 04:02 PM »
I hope Hasbro could release the imperial storm commando in a single blister. It is a really well depicted figure.
Hasbro must present imperial evo sets based on OT, one for anh, esb, rotj or expanded universe.
Probably it will be a profitable idea for Hasbro: to launch a set based on EU imperial forces such as darktrooper, shadow stormtrooper, imperial storm commando, hoth biker scout, etc.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #791 on: July 21, 2009, 05:27 PM »
What's with the grey stripes on the TIE pilots helmet? Is that supposed to be a unit designation? I had always thought that they were just light coming in from the top windows, but I looked at the screenshot closer and now they do actually look like stripes to me.

"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 22, 2009, 10:33 AM »
What's with the grey stripes on the TIE pilots helmet? Is that supposed to be a unit designation? I had always thought that they were just light coming in from the top windows, but I looked at the screenshot closer and now they do actually look like stripes to me.

I always thought it was a light thing until I got an HDTV.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 22, 2009, 01:03 PM »
If you're talking about the grey "tear" stripes coming from the pilots helmet eyes, those denote that that specific TIE pilot is an ACE pilot. Meaning at least 3 kills as a pilot.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 1, 2009, 12:27 AM »
Someone from anotheR Site found these, so I guess the hunt begins....