Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158692 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #825 on: September 6, 2009, 07:48 PM »
Rob, I am glad you found them and your new hunting grounds are going well. The city is crawling with collectors, the burbs is where the finds are at. It was nice to have them ring up for $17, I will use that to price match when I find more.

Thanks. :)

I guess I have a decision to make about all the extras now.  I still want 12 TIE Pilots, but I think I'll probably part with the gunship pilots, and maybe the v-wing pilots.  
« Last Edit: September 6, 2009, 11:14 PM by Rob »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #826 on: September 6, 2009, 09:56 PM »
Does anyone buying multiple sets of these want to make a deal with me?  I really only want a TIE Pilot, the X-Wing Pilot from the Rebel set, and possibly the V-Wing Pilot.  Willing to buy or trade.

PM me if any takers.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 6, 2009, 11:28 PM »
For people seeking multiples of the Tie Pilots, I am sure that he will be re-released in some sort of Legends line.

If anyone has a Gunship Pilot and wants to sell please PM.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2009, 11:40 PM by Jim »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 8, 2009, 01:12 AM »
PMs sent to Darby and Jim!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 10, 2009, 10:38 PM »
Still have yet to find these, but I have a funny story that relates to the pain you guys are dealing with in trying to buy these sets. Anyway, I was at WM earlier and snagged the Colossus and a Wolverine from the X-Men line. Colossus wasn't ringing up at the self checkout so two black female employees come over to check it out. They just tell me to scan the Wolverine twice and I was on my way. As I'm paying they stand there talking about how "it be that stupid **** toy department again" and how "jacked up the toy section be lately". I laughed. So apparently the computer issues aren't limited to the Evolutions sets.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 11, 2009, 10:35 AM »
I wonder what quantity were produced? WM will almost certainly take a huge hit for not having their act together in time for these to hit the shelves.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 11, 2009, 02:49 PM »
Anyone ditching a couple Ep III pilots? I could use two.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #832 on: September 17, 2009, 01:09 AM »
These only hit my local Wally last week, but I think that the new $24.98 price may cause these to sit for a while. This store has had the same 10-15 sitting out for the last week, it doesn't look like they have sold any. I'll probably return two of the ones I bought too. I'd have loved for this assortment to continue, it has been one of my favorite sub-lines Hasbro has ever done, but $25 is just asking too much, especially considering some of the last few waves have been using existing parts/figures.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #833 on: September 17, 2009, 01:12 AM »
Agreed on the price hike...

$19.99 is ideal for 3 figures, considering these didn't include the tons of gear the originals did.  I like what they've done, I think it was a good way to get some things out to retail, and I'm disappointed they're discontinuing the assortment.

Locally there's lots of these as well, at lots of stores, which makes me hope to get some on clearance.  I already got a number for $17 a pop, kinda "stocked up" at that point.  I got an extra Rebels at full price because I really think they're the best of the 3 (though if ANY of you odn't want your Imperial Commando, please contact me!  I'd love more of him!).

Alas, at least if there's less evolutions stuff, there's less cost in general to pay out to the line next year.  Evo's cost me probably $500 alone this year.  Seriously.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 17, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Good to hear these are showing up in good numbers at some places now.  There still hasn't been any sign of these locally, so I'm hoping they are still on the way.  I'd at least like to get the Rebel/Imperial Pilots sets, and I'm on the fence about the Commando one (although it does look nifty).  I had originally thought about getting several of the Imperial set for the TIE Fighter Pilots, but I'll probably just hope that gets re-released on a basic card down the road.  Just too pricey to army build that way otherwise.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #835 on: September 17, 2009, 09:18 PM »
Brian,

You might want to check end caps...these were not in the SW section of my Wal-Mart.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 17, 2009, 09:57 PM »
You might want to check end caps...these were not in the SW section of my Wal-Mart.

Yuppers.  There were three of us last night combing every aisle last night after our meeting until we found double endcaps full of exclusives ...far ....far away from the regular stuff.  At least it was still confined to the toy area and not in the tool section or automotive.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 18, 2009, 12:08 AM »
Same here... I acutally found shippers of them on a miscellaneous toy aisle of sorts over near the electronics section.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 18, 2009, 10:00 AM »
It doesn't seem like any of my WM's have restocked, but they certainly have gotten the whole price thing straightened out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 18, 2009, 04:18 PM »
I found these at an "across town" Wal-Mart today, and picked up the Rebel and Imperial Pilot sets.  I couldn't really afford all three, and I really just want the "Storm Commando" or whatever it is called (black biker scout looking one) from the Commando set.  After pay day, I might head back to see if they are still there.  They rang up at just under $25 each.