Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158659 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #840 on: September 18, 2009, 04:21 PM »
Picked up the commando set last night.  Pretty cool.  Looking forward to getting the Rebel Pilot set.
I am not the Stig

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 19, 2009, 08:52 PM »
Picked up the Imperial Pilot set in Seekonk Mass today.  Newport RI Wal-Mart hasn't had anything new for over a month!  Thought I missed them at first as the main SW section had only the Commando set but I kept looking and found the whole WM Exclusive section on an end-cap.  $24 is steep but worth it on this one.  Don't like the other sets as much as I've always thought the TIE Pilot with the stripes on the helmet was the coolest thing in SW. :)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 23, 2009, 01:54 AM »
I'm surprised Hasbro goofed up with the Walmart Commando set - Alpha is a blue ARC trooper! The box art depicts him with red colors ... ok, Hasbro?  ??? I like the set, though. And you can just make up a different name for that "Alpha."
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #843 on: September 23, 2009, 03:15 AM »
<--- Alpha.

I think he ups in rank...  "Alpha" as a name is I believe applied to this one particular ARC, but "Alpha ARCS" are the first series...  and they have a variety of ranks I guess, if I've read things right, and this one apparantly ranks up to "Captain" eventually, after his combat days, and is tasked to train Clone Commanders.  I'm guessing his blue duds are his look for most of the war that he's active in combat, and his red is when he's promoted to Captain and kept at Kamino.

EDIT:  Reading the rest of his Wiki article actually, that seems pretty much on other than he is in one last battle before he's wounded and disappears with Assajj Ventress after the war's pretty much winding down near (I assume) Order 66...  Seems though that blue is just what they're all sporting, not just "Alpha" or "Alpha-17" as this Clone in particular is known...  at least till they rank up to Captain or perhaps squad leader (Reds are also called "Sergeant" in the CW2D cartoon, which makes me think blue covers all the non-com ranks except for Sergeant, and from Sergeant up to at least Captain you're sporting red...  No clue where the Yellow decoed ARC's from EU come into that unless they're above Captain).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 03:23 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #844 on: September 23, 2009, 07:26 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 23, 2009, 09:31 AM »
ARC sergeant: ARC Sergeants wore green-striped armor. The only known ARC sergeant was the  Null ARC Trooper A'den

Hmmm. then Hasbro need to complete the ARC's by making this guy.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #846 on: September 23, 2009, 04:32 PM »
The only problem with that is with the CW 2D toons.  There was a red ARC being called "Sergeant" throughout the series, most notably in the Durge storyline.  I also don't recall seeing ARC's in green in the EU anywhere.  It's very mixed up, as most EU tends to be... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 24, 2009, 09:03 AM »
The only problem with that is with the CW 2D toons.  There was a red ARC being called "Sergeant" throughout the series, most notably in the Durge storyline.  I also don't recall seeing ARC's in green in the EU anywhere.  It's very mixed up, as most EU tends to be...  

You are right how EU is, but am glad how SW had been extended for us all these yrs I think if it wasn't for that, SW would be a thing of the past...

I have now the idea to  paint custom one of my Arc troopers (dunno how long wait for an exclusive Null 12) & call it A'den, dough am not a fan of customs,  

But i have to search trough KT books to see if he has some unique feature in his armor etc & see if he is an easy deal.  

Appearances

* Republic Commando: Triple Zero (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
    * Odds (Indirect mention only)
    * Republic Commando: True Colors
    * Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:19 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 24, 2009, 09:24 AM »
Yeah where would Star Wars be if all of us nerds weren't picking at all the little details.  ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 7, 2009, 01:31 AM »
Some of the Legacy Evolutions sets showed up at the local Ross store for $10.99 each.  I saw the Jedi Legacy, Vader Secret Apprentice, Imperial Pilot 1, and Rebel Pilot 1 sets.  Picked up the Jedi Legacy set since I don't have that one.  I don't have the Fett Legacy set either but did not see that one there.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #850 on: November 7, 2009, 02:54 AM »
Thanks for the tip.  Time to hit up Ross too I guess while I'm out...  Right now, stuff like this is all there is to buy locally.  ::)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 7, 2009, 10:48 AM »
Ughh. Now I'll have to hit them up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evilanimation

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 7, 2009, 04:19 PM »
Got The Fett Legacy!! anyone need the mandalore figure or jango, I just wanted Boba. I also got the secret apprentice if someone needs it, i just grabbed them before the ebayrs come scalping.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 7, 2009, 10:55 PM »
Most of the Evo. sets that were repackaged from early 2008 (Sith Legacy, Fett Legacy, Vader's Apprentice) became shelfwarmers, to my surprise. Especially the Secret Apprentice set. The one repackaged set I have not seen AT ALL, is the Jedi Legacy set. Weird, since that was a slow seller in 2008.    ???
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #854 on: December 8, 2009, 04:51 PM »
The Rebel Pilot Evolutions Sets are 50% off tomorrow ($10.89 each) at TRU.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird