Author Topic: Saga Legends "2008 Fan's Choice" Discussion  (Read 49752 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 2008 Saga Legends "Fan's Choice" Discussion
« Reply #30 on: August 4, 2007, 10:55 AM »
I don't get some of the choices either, but I struggled to come up with 10 figs I'd really like to see repacked.  I'm most for the post OTC Cantina aliens, Feltipern and company, because I still don't have them, and Early Bird Chewie, who should be carded and available for everyone.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 4, 2007, 11:05 AM »
See, those are awesome choices.  I almost put the Post OTC Cantina figures on my list just because they're really cool characters and decent figures.  The reason I didn't is because I happen to have them...although I'd take another Jerriko figure to open.

My top 10 actually has several Droids on it because they were figures that were either pack-ins with expensive sets or exclusives that were harder to pick up, and more expensive.  And I voted for both Ephant Mon and Graxol Kelvyyn because not only would I like another shot at getting them, but I'd love to have to make Hasbro put two of the three largest figures they've ever done on single cards.   ;)

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 4, 2007, 06:36 PM »
Yeah, it was hard to pick but I just chose some figures I really want to see. Post OTC Cantina figs and Early Bird Chewbacca (since I never got them), and two of the better Battle Droid sculpts. I also picked the IE Wedge just because I think Wedge deserves a mass retail release.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Simmons

• Youngling
  • Insert something clever here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 5, 2007, 12:24 AM »
I'm noticing an abundance of votes for the following:

VOTC Stormtrooper
Early Bird Chewbacca
Amanaman (sp?)
Oola

And that includes sandtroopers.com's votes. I'm really expecting the VOTC Stormtrooper to be #1. I just hope no clones win. Man I am so sick of clone madness. The clones were only in 2 of 6 movies and I was just not that impressed with them. I don't understand the big attraction.
Hasbro, ball jointed heads suck! They make figures look like they've been hung by a noose. Please use neck ball joints like the late 80's GI Joes.

Offline eleavitt2000

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 5, 2007, 10:02 AM »
I voted for Graxol Kelvyyn because he was from the difficult to get Watto's Box set and he could become Senator Horox Ryyder.  He is a neat looking alien that I cannot see being available otherwise.  Shakka was another interesting decently articulated alien from this set and I voted for her as well because we need more Twileks. 

Coleman Trebor is an Episode II Jedi of the Vurk species.  He did well, but not well enough in last year's Rebelscum Fan's Choice Poll and he goes for ridiculously high prices on eBay ~$30.  We need more alien Jedi. 

Sio Bibble was a difficult to find Episode I figure and he commands high prices on eBay if you can find him. 

R3-A2 from the TRU exclusive Hoth set is expensive these days and I never picked up any of the TRU repack sets at the time.  We have only seen 2 single carded R3 droids with the clear domes and one was an Episode II preview wave figure and the other a Star Tours figure.  We can always use more Astromech droids. 

Boomer Battle Droid is just a great Battle Droid sculpt.  It is probably the best in terms of articulation and durability.  It is not rubbery.  In fact, I would like 2-packs of this droid. 

I want the Red Royal Guard from the Episode III line because I only have two.  If I am going to select repack figures, I am going to vote for what I would want to see and what makes sense for repacks. 

I would like to see the the Episode II Gunship Clone Pilot re-carded just so I could get the guns.  I assume the accessories will be the same. 

I vote again for the Episode III Ki-Adi Mundi, and I hope Hasbro will add a Jedi robe, because I only bought one of these and this is really an awesome figure that Hasbro should repack. 

I made my choices by thinking about what I would like and what makes sense to repack. 

I also voted for Early Bird Chewbacca because everyone should get this figure even though I have three. 
« Last Edit: August 5, 2007, 10:04 AM by eleavitt2000 »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 5, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Even though he wasn't my #1, my #4 choice, Graxol Kelvyyyn, is definitely my favorite to win. Him and Ephant. And I think they've got a strong chance. Let's just hope that when they win fair and square that Hasbro doesn't give us any 'we lost the tooling' or 'they're too big' bu!!$h!t.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Saga Legends "Fan's Choice" Poll
« Reply #36 on: August 5, 2007, 09:22 PM »
1. Durge (more articulation please)
2. "Clean-up Droid 2-pack" from Gungan Battlefield -you need lots to pick up all those dead Gungans
5. Naboo Royal Guard (new head sculpt)
6. Jabba (better paint and texture)

This is a poll for straight repacks, not new figures/repaints/retools. Try again.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 5, 2007, 09:29 PM »
im still trying to think of what to vote for. harder then it looks lol.

But has anyone noticed how many new people have registered since this poll went up? i just find it funny :P
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 6, 2007, 09:30 AM »
im still trying to think of what to vote for. harder then it looks lol.

Yeah, it's not easy when you don't need the stuff. The first half of my list is stuff I'd definitely buy, but the second half was figures that were harder to get first time around that others my have missed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 6, 2007, 10:01 AM »
I'm totally on board with Scott's opinion that the EB Chewie should be single carded available for everyone.  That is one of the best figures we've ever seen, and I know I'd like to have a few more.  Although I'm sure they will still finish high, I personally have had enough of clones in this line (the Legends one that is).  I'm happy to pick some up from time to time, but I think we've gotten a good chunk of them this year (and early next year with Wave 1), and I'd rather see some of the all-time great OT figures get another chance in the Legends line.  I've always thought it would be nice to see the OT troops (VOTC/VTSC Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, Biker Scout) available pretty much year round.  Plus, it would be nice to see classic looks (and figures) like EB Chewie and VOTC Han available at retail.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #40 on: August 6, 2007, 10:07 AM »
I had a hard time making a list. I wonder prefer making my top 10 pack-in figures not released any other way, but had a hard time remembering them all.

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 6, 2007, 10:18 AM »
10 Biker Scout (VTSC)

Tis getting released later this year you know.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 6, 2007, 10:28 AM »
Tis getting released later this year you know.

True, but I guess we just haven't seen a lot of the Saga Legends around here yet - and I wouldn't mind having a few more of these.  Also, I think it would be nice to see the OT army builders more readily available throughout the year (the way the clones are now).  That being said, its probably silly to list it since it is still going to be released this year, so I'll update.  Thanks :).

Offline Nerfherder

• Youngling
  • Who's scruffy lookin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 6, 2007, 12:09 PM »
It was really hard to come up with ten that I would like to see, since I have them all. Blue snags I didnt get because I refused pay that kind of money for just one pack-in I needed. So that's #1. The rest are figures that were hard to find for many or figures I could use more of. The ROTS battle droid is probably my favorite battle droid and the stand he comes with is useful for dioramas. If I could get more Gungan Warriors maybe I could put together a little battle scene. The Obi-Wan I guess is disqualified but I always thought that was the best Ben Kenobi sculpt ever done.
Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is.

You must train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #44 on: August 6, 2007, 09:50 PM »
Mods, if it's uncouth of me to post this here, please delete.

We’re also taking part in this poll at ToyTraderz.com.  Our forums are a bit slow and I’d love to get a decent number of votes to submit, so I hope some of you will consider coming over and voting there as well.

http://www.toytraderz.com/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=260.html

Thanks.  :)

John