Author Topic: Saga Legends "2008 Fan's Choice" Discussion  (Read 49733 times)

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Saga Legends "Fan's Choice" Discussion
« Reply #45 on: August 7, 2007, 08:50 PM »
Enough Freaking Clones stormtroopers count as clones too what we need is more minor jedi we couldn't find like Coleman Trebor and Bariss Offee. we don't want this to end up like last years with all of the pegwarmers getting in the saga legends!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
I suck.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 7, 2007, 09:04 PM »
If Neyo and his clone are eligible that will be at the top of my list. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: August 8, 2007, 04:04 AM »
I'm not getting some of the voting myself...  Gotta say, there's some choices I really REALLY disagree with, haha.  To each their own though, I just don't get the love some of these figures get...  Blue Snaggletooth especially.  It was a pretty lame kitbash in the first place, and hardly something anyone had a rough time getting ahold of I thought...

Anyway I'm peppering my list mostly with army builders...  Besides Early Bird Chewbacca and VOTC Han, I'm really wanting to see figures like the Tin Scout (Why vote for the VTSC one guys?  The tin Scout has the same articulation plus a movable visor...  Better, no?), VOTC Stormtrooper, and others...

I agree with others though, coming up with 10 figures you'd buy again isn't an easy thing really...  Short of army builders anyway.  I mean, I don't want Ephant Mon personally (have one, had a tough time selling an extra I'd found even), Blue Snaggletooth I've already said my mind on, have the Cantina Aliens...  Unless it's a definitive main character (SA), or an army builder (SA), it's really a tough choice...

About the only POTF2 figure worth voting for those is ASP-7.  Yeah, ASP-7...  I said it.  There's a figure that held up well I think.  I still nab those for cheap if I see them.  Anything else feels like a wasted vote to me though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 8, 2007, 11:00 PM »
Here's the ones that I chose, and why -

In order -

#1 - POTC Pablo Jill - Easily the hardest figure on the secondary market to get out of the POTC line, plus one heck of a Jedi figure.  He's HUGE.

--------------------

#2 - Early Bird Chewbacca - Easily the best Wookiee figure ever made.  Keep repacking this one Hasbro... anyone who doesn't have this has a huge hole in their collection!

--------------------

# 3 - TAC Commander Neyo - A truly great clone figure that was available only for a short time and that being as a battle pack exlusive.  Repack this one Hasbro...

--------------------

# 4 - Tin AT-RT Driver - Very cool, just not fair to collectors to need to spend almost $30.00 to get one.  So repack this.  It looks Imperial and we love Imperials.

--------------------

# 5 - SAGA2 Dagobah Luke w/ Swamp Snake - Pretty cool figure but should be available without having to buy the whole X-Wing to get it.

--------------------

# 6 - SAGA2 Zev Sencesa - Our one and only true Snowspeeder pilot figure shouldn't be just as an exclusive with a vehicle... repack him.

--------------------

# 7 - VOTC Stormtrooper (with more pure white plastic, ala Tantive IV Stormie)

--------------------

#8 - ROTS Shaak Ti - One heck of a Jedi figure, with all the repacks of Aayla in the battle packs, it seems unfair to not find a place for Shaak Ti to return!

--------------------

#9 - ROTS Ki Adi Mundi - Another all around great Jedi figure that deserves to be on shelves again... if even in a Battle Pack, that's fine!

--------------------

#10 - ROTS Count Dooku - An ultimate version of this awesome Sith that should be put back into the line again.  And again.  And later on, again.

Now there are a few POTF2 figures here and there that I'd buy if they were repacked, but they don't top my list -

- Ishi Tib
- Pote Snikin
- Ree Yees
- Commtech Leia

:P

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 8, 2007, 11:03 PM »
I don't get people voting for Barriss Offee when we need a brand new sculpt for her instead of that screaming face statue of a figure we got before.
I remember my dream now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 8, 2007, 11:04 PM »
Yeah, I remember Ms. Offee warming pegs all over St. Louis... Walmart, TRU, Target... you name it, she was there... and it's a pretty crappy figure too - one of the absolute renditions I've seen of any Jedi.

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: August 9, 2007, 09:31 AM »
Here are the current top 5 (not in order :P)

Blue Snaggletooth
Chewbacca (Early Bird)
Graxol Kelvyyn
Sio Bibble
Stormtrooper (VOTC)

The top 10 has been pretty consistent.  There are a clump of figures around 9-10 that could easily sneak in to the top 10 with a few more votes.  I you haven't voted yet, what are you waiting for?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 9, 2007, 01:12 PM »
Damn!  My Gungan from the Fambaa beast pack isn't doing too well, huh?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 9, 2007, 01:15 PM »
The top 5 don't look too bad, I'm just happy to see the EB Chewie in there (I really hope he makes the assortment).  I'm kind of hoping for a VOTC Han re-release as well, that's one of my favorite figures of all time and I regret not picking up a couple of extras when they were on the pegs.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #54 on: August 9, 2007, 01:53 PM »
I was hoping Fi Ek Sirch would be doing better.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: August 9, 2007, 02:26 PM »
Graxol, Sio Bibble, and the Blue Snaggletooth make no sense to me...

Blue Snag was easy to get not long ago, and really was a cheaply made figure, Graxol wasn't exactly tough either after the clearance gluts that came around.  A good figure though so I understand it a little more since it is a large, freaky alien...  Still, nothing hard to get there I felt.  And Sio Bibble is just a figure I hate seeing on wishlists...  He's got to be the most dull figure ever made, and only his rarity keeps him slightly interesting.  You take that away and he'll simply be a pegwarmer that we're all going to wind up hating (mostly because the majority of us actually DO have him, and those that don't won't like seeing tons of him on the pegs at stores I'm sure).

EB Chewie and VOTC Stormtrooper to me both make the most sense.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #56 on: August 9, 2007, 02:51 PM »
Graxol, Sio Bibble, and the Blue Snaggletooth make no sense to me...

Blue Snag was easy to get not long ago, and really was a cheaply made figure,

Easy to get for you, maybe, but not necessarily for everybody.  All the K-Marts cleared out of OKC several years ago.  There are still a few left in the state, but the closest one is forty or fifty miles away.

And even if there was a K-Mart down the street, I'm still paying twenty bucks for one ****** action figure I don't have, and two other ****** action figures that I already bought years ago.

Not exactly an ideal release, in my opinion.  That's why I still don't have one.  And I'm sure it's highly-unlikely that we'll ever see a new one in this line, as well.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 9, 2007, 03:02 PM »
He's got to be the most dull figure ever made, and only his rarity keeps him slightly interesting.

I kind of agree with you there Jesse.  I understand why people include him (I don't have him either), and I'd pick him up if he made the cut - but it does seem like an incredibly boring figure.  I saw the Graxol pack one time, but passed, and didn't see it again - and I guess he'd be cool from the "big alien" standpoint.  Otherwise, I guess I'm kind of partial to seeing a lineup with EB Chewie, VOTC Han, VOTC Stormie, etc. - but I know I'm in the minority on that point.  We don't have K-Marts here anymore, so I'd pick up the Blue Snaggletooth if he was released as well.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Saga Legends "Fan's Choice" Poll
« Reply #58 on: August 9, 2007, 04:03 PM »
POTC

Everytime I see this I think Pirates of the Caribbean.  :-\

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Saga Legends "Fan's Choice" Poll
« Reply #59 on: August 9, 2007, 04:25 PM »
POTC

Everytime I see this I think Pirates of the Caribbean.  :-\

I always think of Prilosec for some reason  :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN