Author Topic: Saga Legends "2008 Fan's Choice" Discussion  (Read 49842 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Saga Legends "Fan's Choice" Discussion
« Reply #60 on: August 9, 2007, 06:05 PM »
And here that acronym makes me think of this guy.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Simmons

• Youngling
  • Insert something clever here.
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Saga Legends "Fan's Choice" Poll
« Reply #61 on: August 9, 2007, 06:34 PM »
POTC

Everytime I see this I think Pirates of the Caribbean.  :-\

Me too. It's really annoying. Potsy's a funny thought! I love Happy Days!
Hasbro, ball jointed heads suck! They make figures look like they've been hung by a noose. Please use neck ball joints like the late 80's GI Joes.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 9, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Well i made my vote and boy was it hard. 

VOTC Stormtrooper
-Great figure that i never got a chance to get (i say its great based on the reviews and repaints i have)
Early Bird Chewie
-I dont have a good chewie and im sure that this one is the best of them all based on what i have seen
The Deluxe Durge (not the basic figure)
-My buddy has this figure and it looks awsome.
battle droid (security) POTJ
- my buddy also has this one and from looking at it i think it is the best sculpt they made
Amanaman
- looks great. when i first saw it i wanted it but my parents said no because he wasnt a main character..of course i was much younger at the time
Utapau Clone trooper
-my favourite clone legion that was hard to find. I want more.
AT-AT driver -TSC
-quite possibly my favourite figure from last years set. and i had only ever seen ONE on pegs.
ROTS- Ki-Adi-Mundi
-he has been very hard to find for me and I must have him so my marines can kill something ::)
Utapau Shadow Trooper
-looks like a cool figure.
Ephant Mon
-im sure he would look nice with Hermi

those were my choice because besides two figures there I dont have any of them. I voted for those because they came out between the times that i stopped collecting and they are figures that make me regret what I did. I would very much LOVE to add those to my collection. AND I did not vote for that big guy because honestly it seems like a waste of a vote. He wont fit on a card and its quite visible that people are only voting for him to piss off hasbro.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2007, 01:56 AM »
Easy to get for you, maybe, but not necessarily for everybody.  All the K-Marts cleared out of OKC several years ago.  There are still a few left in the state, but the closest one is forty or fifty miles away.

I kinda figured that would be the reasoning Matt, so I see your point for sure...  However, my counter-reasoning I guess is that the set was so easy to nab here, to the point of clearancing, that I'm sure it's easy to get on Ebay...  Not that I've looked though, I am making an assumption there, but I doubt the pack would cost retail to pick up on the auction block or even in a trade, so my thinking is it's a wasted slot for Blue Snaggletooth when he's really held no value and is obtainable.  More interesting than Bibble though.

I definitely sympathize with not having the store that carried something in your neck of the woods though...  I went through that with Target at their start of SW exclusives actually since they didn't exist around Pittsburgh until the Y-Wing came out, and even then there was only one store.  To me though, it's the figures lack of secondary value (and subsequent availability online for decent prices) that kills it for me as something I'd like seeing again.  It's tough picking 10 of almost anything though when you have all this ****.

I'm sure my choice of a Boomer Droid doesn't agree with everyone though...  Some hated that figure I guess.  To me I can't get enough of it, but I'm weird that way.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2007, 05:44 AM »
It's really interesting to see the wide variety of choices in the poll so far:

1) Figures never on a basic card before from more expensive sets (Blue Snag, R3-A2, Zev, Wulf, EB Chewie, Paploo, etc.)
2) Army builders (VOTC Stormie, Biker Scout, Clones, etc.)
3) Hard to find figures (Sio, POTC, Ephant, etc.)
4) Pegwarmers "that I just never bought before" (the only poor choices in the lists, IMO)

As for me, I have plenty of every figure ever made on a basic card, so I have no need whatsoever for any more of those.  What primarily interests me, however, is getting "new" carded Legends figures that weren't ever available on basic cards before, whether they were in more expensive multi-packs (Blue Snag, R3-A2, Evazan, Wulf, EB Chewie, etc.), vehicle pack-ins (Zev, Dagobah Luke), or boxed/deluxe figures (Oola, Muftak, Amanaman).  In fact, those are my 10 choices right there, which unfortunately left no room for the OT army builders in the Tin sets that I'd also like to get a few more of for cheap.

But with the exception of #4 above, I can certainly understand and appreciate everyone's reasoning in their picks, whether they're trying to track down older, expensive HTF figures, or build up their armies some more, or just get some "all-new" carded figures that were formerly packed into older sets.  I definitely don't expect everyone to have the same tastes as me though, especially those who open all their figures and don't give a crap about adding a "new" carded figure to their collection.  But questioning people wanting to get former $20 - $45 exclusive pack-in figures for around $7 seems a bit odd to me, since many openers and carded collectors alike would dig getting many of those types of older figures on a $6-7 card for the first time ever.  FYI: Loose blue Snaggletooths from the K-mart Cantina set have been ending between $7 to $11 on eBay over the past few weeks (boxed ones are even more).  Add the ridiculous customary $5 shipping, and you're looking at a pretty good deal if you got one carded for just $7 in the Legends line.

Considering the high volume of re-releases Hasbro has pumped into their line in recent years though, hopefully they'll take a few additional hints out of these polls beyond just the 5 to 6 figures that win the Legends poll, and mix some more of these (intelligent) ideas into the basic carded line later on in the future.

EDIT:  I guess I'll throw some visual lobbying in here as well, since the clear-domed R3-A2 from TRU's Hoth multi-pack isn't a household name like some of the other contestants:

« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 06:06 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2007, 07:23 AM »
I'd be down for a R3-A2 single pack.  For some reason, I never bought the Hoth pack and I still need him for my astro droid collection.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2007, 02:08 PM »
But questioning people wanting to get former $20 - $45 exclusive pack-in figures for around $7 seems a bit odd to me

Sorry you feel that way then I guess, haha...  I explained it though I thought, but I'll make sure I keep from trampling on people's choices in the future. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2007, 05:23 PM »
You know, when I did my list I actually forgot about R3-A2 and I was lobbying pretty hard for him last year in the Saga Legends poll.  I have a boxed set with him in it but I'd love to get him on a single card and open him.

One thing that I think about when I look over these lists is that, while some figures are cheap on eBay, the shipping kills it for me.  I'm guilty of telling people to go to eBay to get a swimming Jar Jar, for example, because he can be found for original retail or less.  But at the same time, I won't go to eBay for single carded figures selling at original retail, or close to it, because of shipping costs. 

And it's not always the seller's fault.  It costs close to $6 to send 1 carded figure from California to NY using Priority Mail.  And there's not really a cheaper alternative now that the postal rates went up.  The difference is only some spare change.  Paying $12 shipped for a carded figure just seems too much to me and it's all because of shipping costs.  Obviously there are also those that gouge for shipping, $8 or $10 for one carded figure?  Please.  And no, I won't pay "handling" fees.

So anyway, while some of the figures on eBay can be had at retail, I can still see why some people are reluctant to buy that way because of shipping.  However, if you lobby for a *crappy* figure like Sio Bibble just because you're too cheap to spring for $6 shipping, well, I have no understanding for your poor choice in nominations.   ;)

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2007, 08:53 AM »
I see RS has posted their top 25 from the first round of voting (now starting 2nd round).  I'm a little disappointed that the EB Chewie didn't even make their list at all, just because I hope that isn't a trend at other sites outside of JD.  That's one figure that really should be on a basic card for everyone to pick up (or pick up several).  I guess everyone has different opinions and choices, but I guess I'd rather see re-releases of VOTC Han, Chewie, Stormtrooper, or even Leia before more clone rehashes.  It will be interesting to see how the various polls add up when all the sites are done.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2007, 11:16 AM »
I voted for Blue Snaggletooth over at RS...I've decided that I will be supporting him to win. Ephant and Graxol are unlikely anyway, because Hasbro will just say they're too big and Oola is unlikely to place anywhere at this point. So VOTE BLUE SNAGGLETOOTH!!!!  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2007, 11:52 AM »
Ephant and Graxol are unlikely anyway, because Hasbro will just say they're too big. . .

They would?

From the July 6th Q & A:

"Probably the only one we dread re-releasing would be Ephant Mon, given his obviously large size and much lower cost, which brings our average way down.  But if we embark on another round of Saga Legends fan voting, we will honor our commitment to re-release him despite the costs."
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2007, 10:38 AM »
Ephant and Graxol are unlikely anyway, because Hasbro will just say they're too big. . .

They would?

From the July 6th Q & A:

"Probably the only one we dread re-releasing would be Ephant Mon, given his obviously large size and much lower cost, which brings our average way down.  But if we embark on another round of Saga Legends fan voting, we will honor our commitment to re-release him despite the costs."

Hmm...I guess I forgot about that. But what about Graxol? He's HUGE!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2007, 10:47 AM »
I guess I'll throw some visual lobbying in here as well, since the clear-domed R3-A2 from TRU's Hoth multi-pack isn't a household name like some of the other contestants:

Amen. R3's on my list!  ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2007, 11:13 AM »
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU MAY ONLY VOTE ONCE DURING THE SAGA LEGENDS POLL.

We have deleted several posts and banned a few new accounts due to dumbasses who continued to vote multiple times despite being warned.  >:(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Saga Legends "2008 Fan's Choice" Discussion
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2007, 08:04 AM »
I don't get why everyone is voting for the VOTC Stormie. The 30AC version is out, and IMO, superior.