Author Topic: Saga Legends "2008 Fan's Choice" Discussion  (Read 49737 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Saga Legends "2008 Fan's Choice" Discussion
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2007, 08:15 PM »
Lame...but not unexpected when the largest faction of the message board community is a bunch of prepubescent dunderheads...lets get 3 EU Clones out in the mix again...Brilliant!

I sort of get Neyo and Zev will hopefully make it easy to make a few Snowspeeder customs but those other three are lameness personified.  Luckily I was able to score 6 Loose Early Bird Chewies for like $4 a piece from some guy overseas.  I've warmed to the 30AC Stormie...meh, bring on a real Fan Choice Poll that I actually want something for

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2007, 09:05 PM »
1. Shadow Stormtrooper
2. Commander Neyo
3. Covert Ops Clone Trooper
4. Utapau Shadow Trooper
5. Zev Senesca

I'm interested in the Shadow Stormtrooper. But the rest? No thanks.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2007, 09:53 PM »
With a universe full of Jedi,Sith Lords, Cantina aliens, creatures from Jaba' court, expanded universe characters..we get 4 clones? One clone would have been fine, but 4?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2007, 10:07 PM »
Personally I'm only interested in the Neyo, and I'll vote with my wallet when the time comes.

The pre-pubes that voted for the EU clones probably won't be buying them when they're on the shelf, because mommy won't take them to Walmart or give them an advance on their allowance.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2007, 11:00 PM »
What is with all the hype on the Clone Troopers. I don't see it, as they are the only figures I see in bulk in my area, Clone Troopers phase 1 & 2. I got what I wanted and there are still too many to count.

I guess I'll save on this wave, because there are no aliens, as that was all I wanted. Would have been nice to see a droid even. Zev might be worth picking up for fodder, but I can't stomach any more Clone right now. I could care less if there were rainbow bright Troopers, I don't really need any more for a long, long time. Fun & odd thing is the OT Stormtrooper/troopers sell better IMO. They are only on the selves for a little bit before they are gone, so why didn't any of them win?

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2007, 11:23 PM »
What is with all the hype on the Clone Troopers. I don't see it, as they are the only figures I see in bulk in my area, Clone Troopers phase 1 & 2. I got what I wanted and there are still too many to count.

I guess I'll save on this wave, because there are no aliens, as that was all I wanted. Would have been nice to see a droid even. Zev might be worth picking up for fodder, but I can't stomach any more Clone right now. I could care less if there were rainbow bright Troopers, I don't really need any more for a long, long time. Fun & odd thing is the OT Stormtrooper/troopers sell better IMO. They are only on the selves for a little bit before they are gone, so why didn't any of them win?

roron corobb
Who voted for all this clone crap? I say REVOLT! LOL dont buy any of these clones..I wish Hasbro would explain why  we paid 12.99 for the shadow and now are paying 6.99? I demand a refund!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2007, 11:29 PM »
YAY, more clones to warm the pegs! ::)

Could be worse it could be some obscure alien that warmed during Saga or ROTS.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2007, 02:46 AM »

1. Shadow Stormtrooper
2. Commander Neyo
3. Covert Ops Clone Trooper
4. Utapau Shadow Trooper
5. Zev Senesca

Well...

Ultimately my huge disappointment lies in the fact that Chewie (VOTC or Early Bird) got hosed.  I mean, that's figure perfection, and I think he only got the shaft because most probably have him that voted in this, and they figured "why bother" with re-releasing him.  I find that short-sighted, but that's my opinion.

As for the rest, I'm not horribly disappointed...  I'll probably buy a ocuple of any of them, and with figures like the Shadow Stormie and Neyo, I could foresee myself buying small armies of both.  I'll get enough to make a team of Covert Ops clones now too, and I'll stock up some on Shadow Utapau Clones too and maybe do a little mini-dio of them rapelling down a wall or some such. 

Zev is actually the figure I'm least interested in, but I see the reasoning behind his spot too for sure (I just happened to get mine from a friend so I was lucky).  I may get one to customize even and make a ground uniform Zev, and Hoth Wedge figure...  That'd work I guess.

So overall I think the results could be worse, at least from my perspective, but EB Chewie not being on there is really a shame.  People take for granted what may be the finest "main character" sculpt in the modern line there I think, and the kind of figure that should see steady re-release at retail (along with VOTC Han).  That sucks. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2007, 04:21 AM »
Those results are repulsive.  Just a bunch of additional boring Clones, including a couple ridiculous non-movie versions.  I seriously think I'm going to puke.  What a waste of time that poll was, especially since Hasbro was most likely going to spit those Clones back out at us eventually anyway.  I guess JD and a few other sites aren't even remotely representative of what the greater collecting (voting) community wants.  I just don't get it...

I guess it's nice to get Neyo into folks' hands who could never find that WM exclusive, so that's not totally stupid.  Personally, I'm happy to get Zev carded, as he was one of my five choices, but I could give two ***** for the rest of that non-OT crap.  I'm seriously pissed that Blue Snag didn't make the cut.  No EB Chewie or R3-A2 either.   More clones.  Whoopdee ******' doo.

And the Shadow Stormtrooper seriously beat out the VOTC Stormie?  I find that very hard to believe.  I'm almost wondering how legit that final outcome was.  This sucks>:(

(no offense, Mike  :P)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2007, 09:19 AM »
I really wonder if these things are legit. I voted for Zev (the only one i voted for who made it in) but Hasbro almost pushed him on us saying he is available to vote for. I was willing to bet Blue Snaggletooth or Ephant Mon would have made it in. We all know Hasbro didnt want to re-release him due to cost. I dont know maybe we really are the minority in collecting.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2007, 10:19 AM »
A positive on this for me is that I don't need any of the five, so I'll save money there. I can understand Zev and Neyo as they were pack-ins that were hard to find as they were hard to find (sorry for the skipping record) for some people and it lets people who don't buy vehicles a chance for the pack-in. I got my Zev from Mike, who got an additional Speeder. I didn't think that the turnaround for Zev to go from pack-in to carded would be so fast. But knowing this, I'm can't wait to place my vote for Lt. Lepira for 2009s Legends.

I'm also hoping that when the general line is announced, we'll see Ephant Mon, Graxxol, EB Chewie, R2-A2 and VotC Stormie in the line-up. I wonder if these "Chosen Ones" will have the special pack-in like the Spacetrooper does as well.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 01:17 PM by Darth Vlad »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 29, 2007, 12:55 PM »
I personally don't understand why you guys are all pissed about this.  I don't know how many of you guys are carded collectors, but I have a feeling that the majority of you are are all openers - no?  So then don't you guys already have all of the figures that were in the poll?  How many loose VOTC Chewies do you really need?  Aren't most of you happy that you don't have to rebuy another figure?

The pre-pubes that voted for the EU clones probably won't be buying them when they're on the shelf, because mommy won't take them to Walmart or give them an advance on their allowance.

I'm post-pubed thank you very much and I voted for the four clones, so I'll be happy to drive myself to Target to pick up MY batch of winners.

I got my Zev from Mike, who got an additional Speeder.

You're welcome  ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 29, 2007, 02:57 PM »

I'm post-pubed thank you very much and I voted for the four clones, so I'll be happy to drive myself to Target to pick up MY batch of winners.

Okay, well, regardless of your pube count then, just look through the thread.  See much support for the clones?  How'd they win?  Granted the respondents here are a small sample size, but 1 out of 17 JDers who responded to the results in this thread wanted those winners.  You're the only one.

At any rate, just sayin'.  At least you won't have any trouble finding them.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 03:01 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 29, 2007, 05:39 PM »
This just in... Hasbro's called a recount of Florida's ballots, something about misleading voters.

Oh wait, this jokes about 7 years old.  ;D ::)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2007, 10:53 PM »
At any rate, just sayin'.  At least you won't have any trouble finding them.

meh....the more for me then.  suck it. 

At least I'm 1 of the JD community to be happy with the results and I could care less if I'm the only 1.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN