Author Topic: Saga Legends "2008 Fan's Choice" Discussion  (Read 50112 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Saga Legends "2008 Fan's Choice" Discussion
« Reply #165 on: October 1, 2007, 09:19 AM »
I didn't get a chance to post on this over the weekend, but I'll echo a lot of the thoughts here already.  I'm disappointed with the results too.  I guess it doesn't effect me that much because I'm a primarily a loose collector, and I can just skip these, but its just disappointing that some other figures didn't make it out again - particularly EB Chewie.  I guess I'm a little tired of clonetroopers at this point too, particularly "non movie" ones.  I can understand Neyo, and I might even pick another one up to display with my other clones and leave the other one on his bike.  Zev I can understand as well.  I picked up the Snowspeeder, but I'd maybe get another.  Its just too bad each one of these Fan's Choice polls ends up being so prequel/clone/EU heavy every time.  In a way its a little surprising since many of the clones are starting to pegwarm a bit, and since the overall opinions of the Saga are usually how the OT is much more beloved than the PT (particularly the first two).  It doesn't seem to matter when it comes to the figures apparently.

So overall I think the results could be worse, at least from my perspective, but EB Chewie not being on there is really a shame.  People take for granted what may be the finest "main character" sculpt in the modern line there I think, and the kind of figure that should see steady re-release at retail (along with VOTC Han).  That sucks.

That is what I think bugs me the most.  We occasionally see repacks of some of the better prequel figures (Pilot Obi, Clones, and what appears to be Evo Anakin next year), but for the most part that hasn't happened with many of the OT stuff (although Battle Packs are starting to cover that, and this year has been better).  I guess I'd like to see figures like VOTC Han, VOTC/EB Chewie, VTSC X-Wing Luke, etc. repacked now and then in the line.  We're starting to see it more (Fett, Biker Scout), and I hope that continues.  Especially in a line called "Saga Legends", to me Han and Chewie are more "legendary" to Star Wars than "Covert Ops Shadow Trooper that never appeared in any movies" :).  But, as others have said, great for those who voted for those clones.  Hopefully we'll see some of the other favorites released elsewhere.  I was kind of surprised Ephant Mon didn't win a slot too.  I mean, I have one, but it just seemed like a popular "stick it to them" choice since he's such a large figure.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 1, 2007, 09:33 PM »
Im just pissed because we shell out 12.99 for "exclusives" and then they turn around and re pack them?  I think 'exclusives' should be just that..EXCLUSIVES! They should not be a 'choice' when doing these polls. Exclusives should not be a choice.  Why could Hasbro  just put out a wave or clones and say "here you go clone lovers" and gives us a clone free wave. FYI I passed up a bunch of new SL clones today,take that HASBRO I will not buy anymore clones.EVER! Im done with them... >:(  >:( >:( >:(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #167 on: October 1, 2007, 09:40 PM »
I personally don't understand why you guys are all pissed about this. 

We're all pissed because you got what you wanted.  Plus, we hate you. >:(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 1, 2007, 09:41 PM »
I guess i helped in this "tragedy" by voting for the Neyo and covert trooper. But i have none of these figures and I will be more then happy to pick them up, Especially Zev and Neyo.Although i do wish that the chewie one, i am still waiting to get myself a GOOD chewie, so far my best one is from last years Saga wave. Was it also the shadow stormtrooper who won? if so i will probably pick up 4-5 of him to flank the Comic pack vader.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 1, 2007, 10:54 PM »
I personally don't understand why you guys are all pissed about this. 

We're all pissed because you got what you wanted.  Plus, we hate you. >:(

I love you too Jeff, and everybody else who is against me  :-*

Such a beautiful pony..

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #170 on: October 5, 2007, 01:03 AM »
OTC Tie Pilot
Early Bird Chewie
Clone Pilot with Gun turret
Jet Pack Red Battle Droid from Target Pack
Darth Sidious Evolution with Pale skin

So many better choices.....instead we get the circus show of clones and a bad kit bash pilot.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 13, 2007, 11:22 AM »
Here's the 'final standings' from RS JediNews.co.uk.  >:(

Shadow Stormtrooper

Commander Neyo

Covert Ops Clone Trooper

Utapau Shadow Trooper

Zev Senesca

ARC Trooper (Clone Wars) red & gray

Clone Trooper Pilot w/ball turret

Clone Trooper (Saleucami)

Zutton

R3-A2

Graxol Kelvyyn

Ephant Mon

Stormtrooper (Vintage OTC)

Colonel Wulf Yalaren

Coleman Trebor

Pablo-Jill

Chewbacca

Gungan Warrior (Fambaa set)

Sio Bibble

Bespin Guard

We almost got that ARC Trooper. What the hell? Who votes for that sculpt to be rereleased when we're getting a rerelease of Fordo any week now?

These results are very crappy.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 03:49 PM by JediMAC »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 13, 2007, 12:56 PM »
Looking at those results, I can't believe that Chewie finished as low as he did (among others).  I know everyone has their favorites, and I'm happy for those who are getting what they want, but I can't believe the unending love of clonetroopers.  I like them too, but some of those choices aren't even that great of figures in the first place, and I think aside from nicely done/needed resculpts (like Gree/Kashyyyk troopers in 2008) I've had enough for now.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2007, 03:57 PM »
Yeah, those results blow my mind too.  It just goes to show you that the folks at most of the "adult" oriented collecting sites online aren't at all representative of the overall voting pool.  Blech.

Not surprising at all to see that Bespin Guard in the last place slot.  That was only (originally) included since folks were hoping for the black variant.  When Hasbro accepted that vote, then changed their mind, to only include the ****** POTJ version, they should've just pulled that horrid choice out of the lineup altogether, and given the spot to a more deserving choice.

Nice to see R3 finish in the Top 10, and a bit surprising since that figure apparently finished 21st in the original vote, and only squeeked in there when the VOTC Han got ditched at the last second.  I still can't believe how low the VOTC Stormie finished.  That's really the best indicator on who's voting for this ****.  People (mostly kids) want boatloads of Prequel/EU army building Clones, but not the ultimate OT army builder.  Go figure.  ::)

As far as EB Chewie's terrible finish, I'm guessing that the voting majority were just completely unaware of the differences with this Chewie, so they weren't even remotely inclined to vote for it, just seeing it as another rehash/re-release.  Equally ****** and surprising finish for Blue Snag.  In fact, come to think of it, based on these other results from the OT based figures, I'm pretty perplexed as to how Zev managed to do so well, when all of his OT counterparts stunk the joint up.

****** poll.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2007, 04:15 PM »
I can't believe that VOTC Stormie didn't make the top ten.
I remember my dream now.

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2007, 05:05 PM »
i'm not happy with the result, i wanted sio bibble, ephant mon and coleman trebor to come out, but they failed :( i can't understand why all these troopers get so many votes, it seems like people only want soldiers, i hate it
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2007, 09:18 AM »
I could care less about the results. I would liked to have seen some different figures, but in the end, I have 'em all, so it doesn't effect me. At the same time, people voted for the figures for a reason, so I have to respect the vote.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2007, 09:23 AM »
In fact, come to think of it, based on these other results from the OT based figures, I'm pretty perplexed as to how Zev managed to do so well, when all of his OT counterparts stunk the joint up.

I noticed that too.  Judging by all the great OT-based figures that finished so poorly (VOTC Stormie and EB Chewie primarily among them), I'm really surprised that Zev finished in the top 5.  You would have figured there would be another clone in there or something :).

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2007, 09:22 AM »
In fact, come to think of it, based on these other results from the OT based figures, I'm pretty perplexed as to how Zev managed to do so well, when all of his OT counterparts stunk the joint up.

I noticed that too.  Judging by all the great OT-based figures that finished so poorly (VOTC Stormie and EB Chewie primarily among them), I'm really surprised that Zev finished in the top 5.  You would have figured there would be another clone in there or something :).

Maybe Hasblo just has tons of loose Zevs sitting around the factory.........
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2007, 02:06 AM »
I was totally surprised by this outcome, like everyone else has said there was better choices, I think I am little sick of the clones, but unfortunately it looks like we will be getting more next year as from the CW TV Series, Oh well all I can say is next year I can save money, I'll get the Zev and maybes if I see one in the wild a Shadowtrooper otherwise I aint really bothered with the offerings.