Author Topic: Hasbro Mighty Muggs  (Read 58881 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Mighty Muggs
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2009, 10:59 AM »
>:( Skip to the bottom:

The line's life expectancy just went way down. :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2009, 11:57 AM »
Is that all Muggs or just the Star Wars ones?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #257 on: February 15, 2009, 07:55 PM »
I don't collect these, even thought they're kinda cool.  Just curious, how will this change to a TRU exclusive effect those of you who do collect these?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 15, 2009, 09:17 PM »
Well, there will be fewer places where you can get them, obviously, but more serious is the fact that once something like this becomes exclusive to a single chain, it is pretty much guaranteed that they will eventually die out.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 16, 2009, 09:49 AM »
Yeah, it probably doesn't bode well for the line's future - but you never know I guess.  Mattel's JLU line has been "Target only" for over a year now, and seems to be doing ok.  I wonder if this is just the SW ones, or if all of them will be "TRU only".  The Marvel ones seem to sell the best of this line overall, so maybe those will continue everywhere with a new movie or two out each year.  It may just be another example of Hasbro putting out too many lines at once with SW, although I see they are finally sticking a fork in the Unleashed Battle Packs.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 17, 2009, 10:37 AM »
Well, this will make a little bit harder for me to collect all these.  There is a TRU not too far from my house, about 30 mins, but I don't frequent it, there are 3 Targets and 4 Walmarts closer.  So Muggs going to a TRU exclusive will make it tougher.  But if they more or less keep the same volume of output, a Wave every 2-3 months, I don't think it'll make me quit the line.  Plus there's always the internet to pick up any I miss.

Disappointing, a little, but not fatal to my collecting.  Whats interesting is that Target just did an exclusive wave.  Why would they want an exclusive wave only to essentially drop the line?  Or is it that when a line goes to a single retailer exclusive like this, it is Hasbro's call, meaning TRU really wanted this as their exclusive?  Just seems odd that a volume based retailer would want an exclusive part of a line that appears to be dying....  If it is in fact dying....
I am not the Stig

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 17, 2009, 01:54 PM »
TRUs aren't nearly as easy to hit on a regular basis with there being so many less than Targets and WMs. And just like others have said, its hard to believe anything that goes one store exclusive can't have a super long life left.

I won't die with this line going away, but I'd rather it stay that go.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 17, 2009, 04:17 PM »
Saw the new Muggs Transformer at Kmart the other day....

Awesomeness is the right of all sentient beings - thought that was hillarious, compared to the Star Wars Muggs quote.

Are ALL Muggs going to be exclusive to TRU going forward?  Must suck for you guys who are really into these things.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2009, 11:38 AM »
I was just looking around HTS, and noticed that the next "exclusive" wave must be available through them as well.  I noticed the Royal Guard, Wicket, and Qui-Gon in their Muggs section, shipping sometime in May.  Just a heads up for anyone who might want to preorder.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 24, 2009, 09:23 AM »
Was at Target last night and they have Muggs on sale for $9.99 until March 16th or something.  Didn't have much on the shelf in the toy section, but had a display near the registers full of the newest wave (Biggs, Snowie, Shockie, etc).  I only needed Bossk so he's the only one I picked up.
I am not the Stig

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2009, 02:36 PM »
I've actually been avoiding going to Target since I broke down and bought the exclusive wave on ebay after half a dozen fruitless trips to Target. Now that I have them, I'm sure they will have dozens of the damn exclusives. Luckily, I actually paid a little less than retail if you include tax and don't include the shipping, but I did have to buy the whole wave including some ones I already had. Anybody want any of the clone commanders?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 25, 2009, 05:57 PM »
I noticed that the other exclusive wave of Muggs (Biker Scout/Gam Guard/Obi-Wan/Hoth Luke) is up for preorder at HTS as well now (shipping in May it says), for anyone interested.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2009, 11:24 AM »
So after Padme and Jar-Jar Binks (plus R2 and Jabba which essentially can't be done in the Mighty Muggs format), what are the next characters that Hasbro-TRU should do?  I guess the best of rest (for me) would include AOTC Clone Trooper, Rebel Fleet Trooper, a Jawa, ROTJ Luke, AT-AT Driver, (would a TIE Pilot be too close to the Shadow Stormie?), and maybe Ki Adi Mundi.

Wish they could do an R2 and a Jabba though...
I am not the Stig

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 19, 2009, 11:46 AM »
I'd really like a Jawa, a Tusken Raider, and Wuher. Nien Nunb and Lando in his general outfit would be cool too.

If/when we do get a Padme, I think it would be cool to get the Ilum version. It seems like a very Muggable outfit.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 11:48 AM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 19, 2009, 11:53 AM »
I'd really like a Jawa, a Tusken Raider, and Wuher.

Is that because you're from the Desert planet too David?  I hadn't considered the Tusken, but they do appear in 3 of the 6 movies IIRC.  If they do Wuher we'll probably see Greedo too.
I am not the Stig