Author Topic: Hasbro Mighty Muggs  (Read 59173 times)

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
Re: Hasbro Mighty Muggs
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2008, 08:47 PM »
Yeah, I was really disappointed that they killed the Indy Muggs. You'd think they could release them as Hasbrotoyship exclusives or something, considering they were already designed. I'd pay more than the usual price. We at least needed a Toht and Young Indy. Satipo would have been nice, but I could do without Irina.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2008, 07:51 PM »
The pics of Satipo were AWESOME. That could've been one of the best Muggs ever. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline SITHSPAWN

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 29, 2008, 12:39 AM »
I'm only missing the Darth Revan and Darth Maul w/o shirt.  The Marvel set is another matter though.  I've real behind with them, just haven't seen any in my area.

I'm not surprised about the Indy line.  They don't seem to be moving.  I might still grab an Indy one though.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2009, 07:38 PM »
I was going through my Muggs today while I was rearranging the shelves, and I gotta say, I'm really considering parting with my PT Muggs and just keeping an OT focus. As much as I love them, these are just way too big to keep buying them all without running out of space, so something's gotta go sooner or later. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2009, 09:42 PM »
I have to agree that I like the OT ones a lot better. I wish they would come out with some more major characters from the PT, like Qui-Gon, young Anakin/Obi-wan, etc. It might make me more enthusiastic. I can do without all of the clone variations personally (although I'll admit that I've bought them all up until now...)

The OT ones are the only ones I really have out on display at the moment, but I don't think I can get rid of the PT ones -- at least not all of them. Might think about scaling back a bit.

I did get the shirtless Maul and Darth Revan the other day at Walmart. They're both very nice. The new Maul is a lot more impressive looking than the old one I think.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2009, 09:11 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't the two most central characters not current in MM form Padme and R2?  I know they can't/won't do an R2 because of making the character fit the shape, but why no Padme?  Sure she had about 1300 costumes in the PT, but still, pic one of the iconic ones (I'm thinking the red dress she wears when she says "I won't condone a course of action that will lead us to war", or maybe the painted on white outfit from Geonosis).

I do feel your pain David, Muggs are really neat looking, but they are pretty big.  I've heard a few people comment they might've considered them if they were about half the size...
I am not the Stig

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Isn't Ventress the only female that has been mugged so far?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2009, 01:05 PM »
Leia
I am not the Stig

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2009, 06:11 PM »
found the joe ones today! woo! at first i was planning to get just storm shadow, and snake eyes, but i was surprised to see the cobra commander that shipped with this wave has the cape. From the pics online it looked like the first commander wouldn't and they would have a caped one in the 3rd wave. I went ahead and got duke too because all the muggs are still only $8.99 at target. I figure i better pick them up now before they go back to the shelf price of $12.99

Also while talking joe hype. i don't think i shared the pics of the posters i got at last years sdcc for the new joe movie. these are all of them except i don't have the duke one up there.

Offline SITHSPAWN

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2009, 12:40 PM »
I just ordered Darth Revan, Darth Maul (w/o shirt), Snake Eyes, Stormshadow, Vison, and a blank Mugg (black) from HasbroToyShop.com lastnight.  I'm hope to make a Spawn custom with the last two figs.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2009, 08:24 AM »
I was just listening to the SW Action News podcast, and they mentioned (and had a picture of) two exclusive SW Mighty Muggs (Teebo and Biggs Darklighter) that are coming to Target at some point.  I hadn't heard of that before, so I thought I'd pass it along.  Its right towards the beginning of their podcast if you're interested.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #221 on: January 21, 2009, 08:43 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 21, 2009, 11:25 AM »
I bought the Teebo, Bossk, and Snowtrooper this morning. All with "only at Target" stickers.

I left the Biggs and Shocktrooper also with "only at Target" stickers.

And they had Rex, C3PO, and Cody with "only at Target" stickers even though they have been released before. I compared the "new" Rex with the old one and it looked like it had very small paint variations.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 21, 2009, 10:28 PM »
I bought the Teebo, Bossk, and Snowtrooper this morning. All with "only at Target" stickers.

I left the Biggs and Shocktrooper also with "only at Target" stickers.

WTF? These are out? I gotta go check! :o
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 22, 2009, 09:23 AM »
JediInsider has pictures of Qui-Gon, Wicket (IIRC), a Royal Guard and the Wampa (with the remains of his lunch).  Very cool.

Anyone seen the Ackbar and ShadowStormie lately?  The comic shops that I've been to lately don't have Mighty Muggs (they aren't high enough volume for the little shops).  Just wondering if I should order them online, or if they can be had @ a reasonable price from a brick and motor store.
I am not the Stig