Author Topic: Hasbro Mighty Muggs  (Read 58890 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Mighty Muggs
« Reply #240 on: February 7, 2009, 12:01 PM »
I saw a pic of that Scout mentioned earlier over at RS, it looks pretty cool.  I might have to pick that one up if possible.  It says in the ad that the other three are from the OT as well (one from each movie I believe?).  No sign of the Target exclusives around here, mainly Hoth Hans and older Emperors.  I still just have a handful (the two Hans, Chewie, and Lando), as well as a couple Marvel ones and Indy, but I have to admit that the OT ones are sort of tempting.  If they were a little cheaper, and I had the space, I would maybe pick up more of them.  Something about them is kind of cool in a way.  Since they are currently price cut at Target, I did pick up a Snake Eyes one from the Joe line.  Just like the regular figures, that version of Snake Eyes (v2) was probably the action figure I remember wanting the most as a kid - and it was such a big deal when I finally found one at a store.  Anyways, it seems like the Muggs are really expanding - even if it is via exclusives.  Around here, the Marvel ones seem to be the fastest sellers - and some of the Star Wars ones.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 7, 2009, 05:14 PM »
I saw some WWE or whatever vinyl figs at WM yesterday and they were about 1/4 the size as MM's and they were $9.99 a pop.  Couldn't beleive the price.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 11, 2009, 11:57 AM »
For Valentines day my Wife got me a Mighty Muggs Commander Gree.  The only thing is I already have one.  Anyone interested?  There are posts in the trade and sale threads.

Anyone else have this happen?
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 11, 2009, 05:33 PM »
I saw a handful of the Target exclusive Muggs today, including the repacked Cody, the Shocktrooper, Biggs, and the Snowtrooper.  I wonder if this line will mainly continue as exclusives from now on, at least in the SW lineup?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 11, 2009, 05:47 PM »
For Valentines day my Wife got me a Mighty Muggs Commander Gree.  The only thing is I already have one.  Anyone interested?  There are posts in the trade and sale threads.

Anyone else have this happen?

as;dkldkfsa...... sorry I'm having trouble typing as I'm laughing so hard..... my wife buy me something SW to add to the "pile of crap" she thinks I already have.......... I wish.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 12, 2009, 09:23 AM »
I saw a handful of the Target exclusive Muggs today, including the repacked Cody, the Shocktrooper, Biggs, and the Snowtrooper.  I wonder if this line will mainly continue as exclusives from now on, at least in the SW lineup?

I'm going to be seriously disappointed if that's the case.  I could see them doing a few figures as exclusives, but whole waves?  I was fine with Gree as a convention/online exclusive, Shocktrooper @ Target, maybe WM getting a 501st trooper, TRU could have someone.  But to have one wave be only at target, another only online, etc. makes it tough.  Kind of makes me wonder how heavily this line skews towards collectors and away from kids.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #246 on: February 12, 2009, 10:03 AM »
I could see them doing a few figures as exclusives, but whole waves? 

Um... they are already doing whole waves as exclusives.  In fact, pretty much everything that's been announced recently is an "exclusive" of some sort...

- Target Exclusive Wave
- "shared exclusive" wave 8
- "shared exclusive" wave 9

Both Waves 8 and 9 are being advertised as "shared exclusives" meaning not available at the big box stores (Target, Walmart, TRU) but available on-line. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 12, 2009, 10:23 AM »
I could see them doing a few figures as exclusives, but whole waves? 

Um... they are already doing whole waves as exclusives.  In fact, pretty much everything that's been announced recently is an "exclusive" of some sort...

Sorry, I know that's how they are doing it.  I wasn't unaware, just a little puzzled by Hasbro's actions.  It seems, to me, that the higher volume that could be generated at the big box retail outlets would be sufficient to keep this line moving along.  For the most part they don't sit around store shelves too long (the only one that seems to sit very long is the Emp Palp.).  I'm sure the "shared exclusive" outlets will do a brisk business, but I can't see them coming close to the volume that Walmart, Target, TRU, etc. generate.
I am not the Stig

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 12, 2009, 10:26 AM »
It seems weird to me to not have them in stores too. They sell really well from what I can tell in my area and making them online only means I won't ever get another one. I don't get it, but apparently someone who gets paid to make those decisions thinks it makes sense.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 12, 2009, 11:42 AM »
Are they trying to kill this line?!?! People aren't gonna want to go online and spend $50 plus shipping on their Muggs! I know I don't I'd rather not. If this keeps up, I'll probably have to quit this line too. >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline icruise

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Mighty Jabba's Collection
« Reply #250 on: February 12, 2009, 12:15 PM »
It is annoying, but I can only assume that they have information that we aren't privvy to. Maybe the Muggs aren't doing quite as well as they appear to be. I'd certainly rather have these dumb exclusives than nothing (as happened with the Indiana Jones line).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 13, 2009, 09:08 AM »
Yeah, its tough to say how the Muggs are doing.  Most of them (aside from the Emperor) seem to sell pretty well around here.  I do see the Hoth Han and Clone Wars ones from time to time, but much of everything else (the OT ones in particular) seem to disappear fairly quickly.  Marvel seems to be pretty popular as well, with the Iron Man ones that seem to be the ones that sit a bit.  I haven't seen the Joe or Indy ones move overly quickly though.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 13, 2009, 09:12 AM »
If the Muggs go to essentially exclusive only waves, doesn't that kind of mirror the urban-vinyl type of figures these are based on?  You know, essentially exclusive, low production volume items?
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 13, 2009, 05:57 PM »
Not sure if these are exactly it or not, but since the Biker Scout is with them I'm wondering if this group is the EE/shared exclusive wave (it fits the one from each of the OT movies clue):

Biker Scout
Ben Kenobi
Hoth Luke Skywalker
Gamorrean Guard

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 13, 2009, 10:25 PM »
I really like the pig guard Mugg! ;D
David Delgado