Author Topic: So whos liking all the EU stuff?  (Read 11376 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: So whos liking all the EU stuff?
« Reply #15 on: August 1, 2007, 01:05 PM »
  A new Thrawn should have been at the TOP of the list, there's Daala, Isard (both of 'em!), Rogue Squadron Pilots, ... the list is all but infinite! 

Uhh, you have noticed that both Tycho and Hobbie are on tap for this year, right?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 1, 2007, 01:07 PM »
I guess what I'm looking forward to now is for Hasbro to do Vong figures. They'd have to do them right though..I don't see EU characters, figures being redone as frequently as regular line, movie based characters. There's already plenty Vong characters in the WOTC miniatures line for an example base, that and plenty material, data from EU books.

DS

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: August 1, 2007, 01:29 PM »
I'm not so much into 'Hasbro dreamed' items either. I'm also not into Hasbro making an item calling it something when it really doesn't even represent that EU character(see Storm commando).

I agree to that.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 1, 2007, 02:18 PM »
  A new Thrawn should have been at the TOP of the list, there's Daala, Isard (both of 'em!), Rogue Squadron Pilots, ... the list is all but infinite! 

Uhh, you have noticed that both Tycho and Hobbie are on tap for this year, right?

Yeah.. should have said "rest of" in there.. I'd love to see some of the non-human pilots for a change
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #19 on: August 1, 2007, 02:31 PM »
I know theres a bit of animosity towards a lot of EU, but how many people are liking the amount of EU stuff we've seen?

I love it.  Love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it!

. . .just that much less **** I'll have to buy. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 1, 2007, 03:30 PM »
I don't mind the comic packs or the McQuarrie figures. 

But I can do without some of it - like painting everything black or the really far-fetched figures (Hasbro marketing team dressed up as Fetts).

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 1, 2007, 03:56 PM »
. . .just that much less **** I'll have to buy. . .

+1.

Happy for those who want it, I just don't care for figures that were in the movies.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 1, 2007, 03:58 PM »
ifs its new and looks cool ill get it;
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 1, 2007, 04:59 PM »
I just don't care for figures that were in the movies.

Wow, then you must really like the EU alot.
I remember my dream now.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 1, 2007, 07:19 PM »
I just don't care for figures that were in the movies.

Wow, then you must really like the EU alot.

Lol... erm, yeah if forgot to attach the "n't" with the were.  ;D

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 2, 2007, 02:32 AM »
I think I would agree with most on the black thing and the freedom of Hasbro figures. I would hate to see Star Wars turn into what the GI Joe line did in the 90s. That was too much for me with everything being neon-rainbow colored everything including accessories ::).

I'm not a big EU fan. I only really get into the games and some games I would not care for figures from, but most of the stuff is okay. Would like to see more of a standard in the articuation, but above average they are cool with me. I really like the McQuarrie stuff, but would have to agree with Jesse on the 1 per case crap >:(. It just makes collection that much harder. There are already hard to find items in the TAC line, but with the way Hasbro is working this every wave has the panning for gold in a stream of rocks feel no matter where you go. Just think about how hard the last of this McQuarrie line is going to be to get :'(, with the peg warmers that are in the TAC line.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 2, 2007, 08:48 AM »
I'm enjoying the majority of the EU stuff so far as well.  Like others have said the comic packs have been pretty cool, and are a nice deal.  Overall that line has had some pretty nice figures, with just a few stinkers (repaints) sprinkled in.  It goes without saying that the McQuarrie figures are quite nice, but just too hard to find.  I also like all the "realistic style" Clone Wars stuff we'll be seeing this year.  Overall, its been good so far - but it does seem like a fine line.  We're already getting a few "made up" characters or clone repaints now, and if it gets too crazy (the neon GI Joe example is a good one), that could mark trouble for us - and for the line.  In the levels we're getting it now (primarily comic packs and a few basic figures here and there), the EU has a good place in the line I think.  Heck, I'll admit I'm not even overly familiar with the majority of the comic stuff (or video games for that matter), but some of it still makes for some neat figures.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #27 on: August 2, 2007, 04:17 PM »
I like the EU stuff but I hope they stay to the crem dala crem (not sure if I typed that right)
Mouse and Abe are a waste of plastic and will warm pegs. I like the Hett/Dark woman approach. I want to see Tholme, K'Kruk, Tso Choi, padawans from Jaambin more of Dark horse regular staples. The abe guy looks like he is wearing ladies leg lingerie on his head. I like the Republic commando/BD pack its a great $10 army builder. I really do not get the appeal of the Baron but I like how its more in line with popular EU guys with a "real" movie guy with him. Not sure how I feel about the infinity Leia pack but its interesting. My dud picks of all the comic packs so far are:

1. Tarkin/Stormie
2. Kir Kanos and his 90's Nemisis (I want SOTE 90's action, not these schlubs)
3. Mouse and Abe (enough of the Stormtrooper mold in the comic packs already!)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 3, 2007, 02:04 AM »
It's cool to see that a lot of people like a lot of the stuff, though i really must agree on the point of the Marvel Comics packs. These things are still clogging the pegs around here pretty bad and it really isn't terribly surprising. If I were a kid and I had a choice between a movie styled Chewbacca, or a weird, freaky clown Chewbacca, i would likely take the normal version, but hey, thats just me. Aside from those packs though, i think the comic packs are pretty freakin sweet overall. Can't wait to get my hands on that Mara Jade pack!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 3, 2007, 08:15 AM »
the way i see it the Marvel packs just come with cool background characters.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: