Author Topic: NFL 2007-08  (Read 121405 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2007-08
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2007, 10:21 PM »
Thanks for the maps. A bit suprising that we here in Denver will get the NE/Dallas game instead of the Raiders/Chargers game. I'm not complaing though - at least I don't have to watch the Broncos stink it up again this week.  :-[

Why is that surprising?  Dallas is as close to Denver as the California teams.  Not to mention that Dal/NE is a battle of undefeated teams, so its being billed as the top game of the week.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2007, 06:57 PM »

Why is that surprising?  Dallas is as close to Denver as the California teams.  Not to mention that Dal/NE is a battle of undefeated teams, so its being billed as the top game of the week.

Oh, not denying either of those facts. In years past in Denver, any AFC West game would have been on CBS automatically if the Broncos weren't, regardless of whether there was a much more antipicated matchup occuring elsewhere. I was suprised that CBS isn't giving us the Chargers/Raiders, since they are division foes.
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2007, 11:14 AM »
Two questions:

Is there anybody that can beat NE?

Is there anybody that can't beat the Bears?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 11:15 AM by ruiner »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2007, 12:56 PM »
  Apparently only injuries can beat the Pats.  Averaging 40 points a game and beating up everyone else on defense...no one is even coming close to beating them.

Apparently the Cheifs and the Packers.  ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2007, 05:53 PM »
A bit suprising that we here in Denver will get the NE/Dallas game instead of the Raiders/Chargers game. I'm not complaing though...

Yeah, you're lucky Matt.  Even all the (former) Raider fans here in L.A. were hoping to get the Dallas/NE game, and were pissed to get stuck with the same old Raider horse****.  At least LT finally played like himself again though, so that was fun to watch.

Almost as fun was watching the Adrian Peterson highlights.  Man, you MN guys might have something pretty special there.  If he's finally fully recovered from his injuries (especially the collarbone), that guy may be the next LT, and bring the Vikes back to national attention.  Speaking of which, watching Randy Moss blow up again this season has made me seriously sick to my stomach.  As I'm sure has already been pointed out earlier in this thread, his amazing performance this year so far has proven nothing more than what a huge QUITTER that guy is.  Granted, he's got one of the game's best QBs throwing to him now, but still, he could've should've been nearly as entertaining the last several years when he gave up on both the Vikings and Raiders.  What a waste of time that was in his career, as he's obviously now proven that he still very much had it in him during those pathetically unproductive and boring years.  I'd love to see that cost him a spot in the HOF someday.  This guy's an amazing talent, but doesn't deserve a spot in Canton due to his beng one of the worst sports and biggest quitters in the history of the game.

As for the Pats, yeah, they look insanely good this year - maybe the best they've ever been.  Can't wait for that 11/4 Sunday night matchup in Indy next month.  If anyone's gonna beat them, it would be the Colts at Indy.

Oh, and go Packers!!  Nice to see Beth Brett back (not last weekend though)...  :-X
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 05:58 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2007, 08:25 AM »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2007, 09:33 AM »
Two questions:

Still no and add Philly.

How about that two minute TD run with no timeouts left?  Can you imagine Gross, man in that situation?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2007, 10:12 AM »
My Jets completely blow. On the more interesting side. Did anyone who watched the Jets game see the orange Stormtrooper in the stands?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2007, 12:08 PM »
My Jets completely blow. On the more interesting side. Did anyone who watched the Jets game see the orange Stormtrooper in the stands?

Didn't get the game here, but if you get a picture of that, I would love to see it!

How about those poor poor Miami fans?  42 points against before half time?  Ouch.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2007, 12:23 PM »

I've seen that guy at all the Bengal games I've seen on TV.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2007, 12:00 AM »
Steelers ate huge ammounts of **** sandwiches on Sunday.  They totally handed the game over by not doing jack on the o-line and falling apart defensively overall.  They definitely looked bad, and I hate bye weeks because it means we come back playing like ****.  The game was close, but it shouldn't have been, and we really just screwed up all on our very own.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2007, 12:28 AM »
Steelers ate huge ammounts of **** sandwiches on Sunday.  They totally handed the game over by not doing jack on the o-line and falling apart defensively overall.  They definitely looked bad, and I hate bye weeks because it means we come back playing like ****.  The game was close, but it shouldn't have been, and we really just screwed up all on our very own.  ::)

;D

That was a really fun game to be at. As usual Stokley looked great. The D-Fense **** a brick again yesterday, though the increased pressure on the QB was nice to see. Overall though that game shouldn't have been so close. The Donkeys had a 14 point lead twice and blew it. It's a good thing Elam is on this year. All three wins have come on a walk-off field goal.

Yet another Bronco has gotten in trouble though. Brandon Marshall was pulled over on a suspected DUI last night. We really can't lose him after losing Walker for six weeks.
"This is the way."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2007, 01:16 PM »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2007, 10:52 PM »
Once again Chad is the starter  ::)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2007, 11:25 PM »
Once again Chad is the starter  ::)

He played pretty well last week, 200+ yards and 3 TDs.  I think the bigger problem than Chad is the fact that the Jets cannot stop the run, and the defense has regressed significantly.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda