Author Topic: NFL 2007-08  (Read 121397 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
NFL 2007-08
« on: August 6, 2007, 01:36 AM »
Steelers looked surprisingly sharp tonight...  Pre-season is pre-season, but still I was happy with what I was witnessing for most of the night. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Off-Season 2007
« Reply #1 on: August 6, 2007, 11:24 AM »
Steelers looked surprisingly sharp tonight...  Pre-season is pre-season, but still I was happy with what I was witnessing for most of the night. 

Who the heck was playing?  I didn't recognize anyone outside of a few rooks.  First few weeks of preseason are annoying.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 6, 2007, 01:34 PM »
Who the heck was playing?  I didn't recognize anyone outside of a few rooks.  First few weeks of preseason are annoying.

The Saints..on their backs for much of the game....dare I say it...their veterans played like the *gasp* 'AINTS' of old.

DS

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 6, 2007, 10:43 PM »

The Saints..on their backs for much of the game....dare I say it...their veterans played like the *gasp* 'AINTS' of old.

DS

No, I was asking who was playing, not who they played against.  I caught highlights and didn't recognize anyone from either team beyond a few rookies.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: NFL 2007-08
« Reply #4 on: August 7, 2007, 02:00 AM »
Steeler's starters ran about one series and really played well...  Starters were mixed in with back-ups and things then though.  I think the Saints did about the same most of the game, mixing it up instead of running the A group for the first half or quarter and whatnot...  The Steelers were gelling no matter what they were putting togehter so I was pleased.  It was interesting too, to see Tomlin's "style" for the first time...  The LB they drafted (Timmons) was out though, so I was bummed we couldn't see him in action since that's a position they are hurting at with Porter's departure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 7, 2007, 06:11 PM »
On the game last night...

Saw 5 impressive plays from the Colt Offense versus none from the 'Aints'. After they(Indy) built up a 14 point lead, I finally yielded to the kids to play Guitar Hero (80's) with them for an Hour.

DS

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 7, 2007, 11:46 PM »
On the game last night...

Saw 5 impressive plays from the Colt Offense versus none from the 'Aints'. After they(Indy) built up a 14 point lead, I finally yielded to the kids to play Guitar Hero (80's) with them for an Hour.

DS

Feeling pretty good about drafting Harrison in two of my fantasy leagues and R. Wayne in my main one.   ;D

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 02:08 AM »
Alright Niners..way to gut one out :D

The DS

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 03:44 PM »

The DS

Wow, how could anyone be a Niners fan after that game last night.  That was brutally U-G-L-I.   :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 04:33 PM »
Steelers had a nice opener...  Season kicked off right for me so far.  A nice pounding on Cleveland is always a happy way to begin any NFL season for a Steeler fan. ;)

There were lots of good things too considering the Steelers are in a major transition.  The O-Line has been under scrutiny and they did amazing things on Sunday, while the offense in general was dynamic and effective.  The D just killed all day too with solid work.

Now we just hope that all continues.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 08:17 AM »
Broadcast maps for week 2...

CBS Early Game

CBS Late Game

Fox Single Game
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 12:43 PM »
Broadcast maps for week 2...

CBS Early Game

CBS Late Game

Fox Single Game

Sweet - thanks for posting.  Soooo close to being able to watch the Packers on Fox...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 03:11 PM »
Syrup of Ipecac can do the same thing as watching Packers in a pinch

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 05:04 PM »
Syrup of Ipecac can do the same thing as watching Packers in a pinch

Is this the best that Mankato has to offer?  Syrup of Ipecac?   ::)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 10:52 AM »

The DS

Wow, how could anyone be a Niners fan after that game last night.  That was brutally U-G-L-I.   :P

Yeah, it takes alot of character to be a fan of teams like the 49ers and other annual losers. I could always take the easy route, bandwagon to a recent years perennial winning favorite such as New England, Indy, San Diego ect who typically win most weekends during the season- but I'm too loyal to my team win or lose.

So no matter how the victory looks (IE see the packer philly game(even lower scoring)) I still am happy with it.

The DS