Author Topic: NFL 2007-08  (Read 121644 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2007-08
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2007, 02:42 AM »
"As the commissioner acknowledged, our use of sideline video had no impact on the outcome of last week's game"

That's why it's a slap on the wrist.

Even though I wouldn't call losing a 1st rounder a slap on the wrist.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 02:43 AM by Rob »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 02:50 AM »
Even though I wouldn't call losing a 1st rounder a slap on the wrist.

Normally I would think that was fine(sufficient) too except they still have a 1st rounder regardless. If they took both their 1st round pics away, then it's more than a slap and I'm happier.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2007, 09:17 AM »
I guess I'm one of the few people who doesn't really care that much about this.  Every team does this, to one extent or the other.  The Pats just got caught.  And I don't think it taints their Super Bowl wins in any way.  Someone mentioned that this information helps them in the second half of games.  Look at all of their Super Bowls wins.  They pretty much played much better in the first halves of all three games.  This may seem like a big deal now, but eventually, people will forget, like they do with everything else.  No one seems to remember that when Elway and the Broncos won back-to-back Super Bowls, they were over the salary cap both seasons.  That can be construed as cheating as well.  It doesn't seem to me that that has tainted their "legacy" at all.  This will pass.  It always does.  I don't know ... I guess I've become jaded.  There's so much corruption and **** in sports now that I just don't care any more.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2007, 04:05 PM »
San Fran pretenders??

Most overrated/lucky 2-0 team?

--hard to argue; I'm beside myself how a team gets under 200 yards 2 weeks in a row, out gained and out time of possession- and wins :-\ ?

Anyway who-hoo Niners!!

DS

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2007, 07:41 PM »
And the Jets lose again  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2007, 08:17 PM »
Normally I would think that was fine(sufficient) too except they still have a 1st rounder regardless. If they took both their 1st round pics away, then it's more than a slap and I'm happier.

they should have made it their highest 1st round pick regardless of picks traded for.   it seems likely they will lose their 30th or so pick and still get to use the top 5 pick they traded for.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2007, 10:22 PM »
Packers are 2-0...Super Bowl bound baby!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2007, 03:34 PM »
Lotsa big games next week...

1 especially comes to mind ::)

-are you ready Jesse?

DS

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2007, 08:55 PM »

they should have made it their highest 1st round pick regardless of picks traded for.   it seems likely they will lose their 30th or so pick and still get to use the top 5 pick they traded for.

Call me biased but the pick they lose should go to the Jets.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2007, 11:59 PM »

-are you ready Jesse?

DS

I'm dandy...  The question is which of the teams is ready?  I'm guessing my Steelers were chomping at the bit Sunday for next week's game. :)  I'm excited but this year my Saturdays take all my football life out of me practically, so my Sundays aren't quite as gung-ho as they have been...  I can only sit there freaking out about football games so many times during a week.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2007, 12:10 PM »
Call me biased but the pick they lose should go to the Jets.

You are biased.   ;D
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2007, 12:44 PM »

-are you ready Jesse?

DS

I'm dandy...  The question is which of the teams is ready?  I'm guessing my Steelers were chomping at the bit Sunday for next week's game. :) 

Sigh* agreed....I wish we had last years' offense to go with this years D- then, the game would have been really hyped up...oh well( I mainly wish we had last years O coordinator-it seems he's good at that only-never been good as a head coach- and doesn't look it now.....)

The DS

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2007, 09:08 PM »
I am still so dang pissed that the Steelers made Tomlin the coach.  Sort of like when the Vikes had Dungy and Billick under "Sticks" Green, you could just tell Tomlin was something special and I think he is going to be a phenom...far better than our joke of a coach right now

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2007, 09:41 PM »
Okay fantasy footballers...do I trade Jones-Drew at this point or hope for a turnaround?  I'm 0-2 now because of him...  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2007, 01:26 AM »
I am still so dang pissed that the Steelers made Tomlin the coach.  Sort of like when the Vikes had Dungy and Billick under "Sticks" Green, you could just tell Tomlin was something special and I think he is going to be a phenom...far better than our joke of a coach right now

It's still early too though, and against 2 weaker teams.  I like to remain ever-hopeful, but I can't really commit to liking Tomlin here yet.  He walked into a team with some great players on it, and he hasn't had a real heavy challenge of his coaching abilities yet, so I'm not committed to loving Tomlin, but I'm definitely adjusting and warming up to him for sure.  He definitely does things different than Cowher too with offense, and I like that.  Cowher was pretty conservative.

About the only thing I don't like is more a problem of players than coaching, but I miss Bettis and his style of running.  That's my favorite kind and more reliable than finesse.  Not Tomlin's fault of course, but his offense seems (to me) to fit better with speed in the back than power and size...  So I'm thinking it won't change much even if Parker left.

Anyway, I'm hyped up for Sunday...  Busy day because we've got a birthday party, some home crap going on to get a sewer line opened up, a bachelor party the night before, two games the afternoon before, and trying to catch the Steeler's all the while in between. :)  I won't miss 'em though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77