Author Topic: NFL 2007-08  (Read 122329 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: NFL 2007-08
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2007, 10:23 PM »
So is the NBC Sunday night flex game going to be the Patriots every week now?  That is going to get real boring real quick if it is.  I thought the flex game concept was to get either the bet match-up between two teams that would make for an exciting game or the one with the biggest impact on the playoffs.

If it's going to be the Pats and whtever team is against them, I guess Brady or Moss will be on the horse trailer for the rest of the season....and I won't have to tivo Family Guy.  ::)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2007, 10:46 PM »
The next two weeks are locked in on the sunday night games.  Next week it's Eagles at the Pats, and then it's Bengals at the Steelers on December 2nd.

Given last night's game, I don't know that the Pats games will be the best draw for the flex schedule.  Especially with the Pats piling on 56 points against the Bills.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2007, 10:14 AM »

If it's going to be the Pats and whtever team is against them, I guess Brady or Moss will be on the horse trailer for the rest of the season....and I won't have to tivo Family Guy.  ::)

Someone is going to get the Pats one of these weeks, it'll probably have to be the Giants or Steelers.

While unlikely, it's certainly possible that 1 of the 3 good teams the Pats face in the playoffs will find a way to keep the game close and beat them.

The Colts almost did.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2007, 08:42 PM »
The Colts almost did.

True ... but the Pats only played about 9 good minutes that game and overcame the most one-sided officiating I've ever seen.  And they still won.  Against the undefeated defending Super Bowl champions.  On the road.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2007, 09:53 PM »
I'm not saying that the Patriots aren't playing some incredible football, but I think the Pats vs the Bills was a poor choice for them to show in primetime.  Did anyone think the Bills were going to have a chance?  I think the Eagles are going to get beat even worse....although I wouldn't mind being proven wrong, even if an Eagle win won't help the Giants any.

The Patriots are scary good, but I think the Colts had a good strategy against them, they just couldn't seal the deal.  If you have a tough defense (like the Giants have after week two) and you have an offense that can control the ball and the clock (like the typical Giants offense) I think the Patriots will lose.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2007, 02:47 PM »
Well, I think the Eagles have proven that the Pats are beatable - what a great game last night, would've been better if the Eagles could have finished on the last drive.

At least the Bears kept what little chance they have of reaching the playoffs alive (thanks to Devin's TWO TD returns).

That puts him at what, ten in twenty-nine games?  I think the record is thirteen by some guy who did it in 230 games.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 02:47 PM by ruiner »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2007, 04:13 PM »
That only proved to me that even on a bad night the Pats still manage to win.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2007, 04:27 PM »

Agreed.  As surprised as I was to see the game so close and to witness the Pats trailing so late into the game, I had absolutely no doubt whatsoever that they were going to score a touchdown and take the lead on that last drive.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2007, 04:48 PM »
You don't think the Eagles had something to do with their game being 'off?'

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2007, 05:04 PM »

Agreed.  I think the Eagles played very well and hopefully layed out a blueprint for someone like the Steelers to take the Pats down, but I didn't really see the Patriots panic at all.  There was no doubt that if they kept the score within 7, they were going to come back and win/tie on their last drive.  I will say that the Eagles did an amazing job of shutting Moss down.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2007, 06:34 PM »
You don't think the Eagles had something to do with their game being 'off?'

Not really, every team has a game or two like that a year.  The Eagles aren't very good. If the Eagles somehow figured it out though when no one else could, and some other team puts in that game plan and beats them, it'll be a different story.

Meanwhile, the Patriots are 5 games away from shutting those moronic 14-0 Dolphins players up - and I really really really hope it happens.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2007, 06:49 PM »
Well, I think the Eagles have proven that the Pats are beatable - what a great game last night, would've been better if the Eagles could have finished on the last drive.

The Colts already proved that.

My money is on Peyton Manning in a showdown vs. the Pats in a potential AFC championship game.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2007, 06:51 PM »
Not to mention....what if the Undefeated Dolphins lose their Bragging rights the same year the Dolphins go Winless? I realize the 2 have nothing to do with each other, but it would be odd to see...

But the Dolphins get Ricky Williams back tonight...look out!!! (that was sarcasm)

Meanwhile, the Patriots are 5 games away from shutting those moronic 14-0 Dolphins players up - and I really really really hope it happens.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2007, 07:22 PM »

But the Dolphins get Ricky Williams back tonight...look out!!! (that was sarcasm)

I can smell the weed already.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2007, 10:15 PM »
My money is on Peyton Manning in a showdown vs. the Pats in a potential AFC championship game.

Man, that is really putting your balls out on the table.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."