Author Topic: NFL 2007-08  (Read 122599 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2007-08
« Reply #375 on: January 18, 2008, 04:14 PM »
Mmmmmm yyyyeaaahhh.  And I'm referred to as an over confident Packers fan.   ::)

Chicago holds a 27-18-2 lead in its all-time regular season series with the Giants, which dates back to 1925. The Giants' Tom Coughlin is 2-4 against the Bears as a head coach, including 1-2 since coming to New York. There most recent game was a 21-16 narrow victory thanks to a last ditch game winning drive from Eli. 

Last time the Packers played the Giants, Packers won 35-13, barely edging past New York by a little more than three TDs. 

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 19, 2008, 08:00 AM »
Coming soon to a TV near you...

« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 08:02 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 19, 2008, 11:02 AM »
Coming soon to a TV near you...

Wow, the Giants plan to tickle Favre into a loss?  Just hope its closer than that 35-13 trouncing earlier this year.  Hey, wasn't Favre named the offensive player of the week based on that game?   ;D
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 19, 2008, 04:08 PM »
Boys! Play nice. One of you has to eat crow tomorrow night.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 20, 2008, 01:50 PM »
Boys! Play nice. One of you has to eat crow tomorrow night.

I will be eating steak and drinking a Sam Adams from my green and gold victory mug.   ;D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 20, 2008, 05:03 PM »

I will be eating steak and drinking a Sam Adams from my green and gold victory mug.   ;D

An odd way to celebrate a Giants win for sure, but whatever helps you cope!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 20, 2008, 06:30 PM »

An odd way to celebrate a Giants win for sure, but whatever helps you cope!

Heehee!  k - game starts NOW!  Good luck to you sir!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 20, 2008, 10:13 PM »
No irony in how that ended :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 20, 2008, 10:15 PM »
Congrats Dressel - your team knocked off all three teams that I was interested in this year.

It'll be a tall order for them to beat the team of destiny, but I'm done picking against them.

Enjoy.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 20, 2008, 10:35 PM »
Okay - I'll eat the crow.  :(  I could go on and on about how many calls the Giants had in their favor, but what's done is done.  Congrats on the win and best of luck taking down the Patsies - I'll root for any team over them. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #385 on: January 20, 2008, 10:53 PM »
Okay - I'll eat the crow.  :(  I could go on and on about how many calls the Giants had in their favor
::)

What ones?  There were equally bad calls going the other way IMO

BTW...

Either way, Favre is 43-5 when the temperature is below 34 degrees.  I'd say that's pretty consistent.

43-6

He'll be playing at home, where the Packers have lost exactly one playoff game in team history.  They have a massive home field advantage.

Make that three...Vikings, Falcons and Giants

My two X-Factors were the decider...Pass Rush which they got huge amounts of in the 2nd Half which had Favre throwing to nobody and the Giants making lots of easy and almost easy interceptions.  ANd Ryan Grant was nowhere.  Not sure why they went away from the run, he's been a stud the last 8 weeks and they barely even ran him.

Favre has won three big games in his entire career

And I won't have to update this one...still at three in 16 years...the greatest player of all time ::) ::) :-X

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 20, 2008, 10:56 PM »
Okay - I'll eat the crow.  :(  I could go on and on about how many calls the Giants had in their favor, but what's done is done.  Congrats on the win and best of luck taking down the Patsies - I'll root for any team over them. 

Excellent.  Welcome aboard - Pats be going down. 

The REAL team of destiny!!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #387 on: January 21, 2008, 01:23 AM »
What an amazing game!  I'll apologize to anyone in the central California area who heard me screaming like a crazy person throughout the game!  The Packers played one hell of a game and have nothing to be ashamed of....both teams left it all out on the field, it just came down to turnovers and the Giants were able to have fewer.

I'm now seeing if a roadtrip to Arizona is possible!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 21, 2008, 10:29 AM »
That game last night was definitely amazing... I was pulling for Green Bay, but NY definitely deserved to win it and in the 4th quarter I found myself rooting for Eli, something I thought that I've NEVER do... they've played their tails off in the second half of the season... wow!  They deserve to be in the big matchup against the Pats... but I don't see them being able to keep up with Tom Brady and company in good weather... probably not a chance.  The Patriots are just too efficient.

I've been a Brady fan ever since they beat the Rams in the Super Bowl... of course I was pissed that year because I thoughts the Rams should have won... but each year since then, I've liked them more and more.  I'd love to see them have a 19-0 season.  Not just because I like them, but because actually getting to say that I saw each of their wins this year is something special to me. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 21, 2008, 11:28 AM »
They deserve to be in the big matchup against the Pats... but I don't see them being able to keep up with Tom Brady and company in good weather... probably not a chance.  The Patriots are just too efficient.

Just by the sheer Laws of Probability, the Patriots are due for a loss.  Everything is primed and ready to go for a Giants Super Bowl victory.  The Pats are not the juggernaut they were in the first 1/2 of the season, they came very close to losing 3 or 4 times, and almost against the Giants as well.  It's time, I think it's got a good chance of happening this time.

Dressel Rebel predicts:

NY Giants 34
NE Pats    27