Author Topic: NFL 2007-08  (Read 122611 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2007-08
« Reply #390 on: January 21, 2008, 11:43 AM »
I'd be down for that, DR. Now I really think we need to have a united front of red and blue!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2008, 11:47 AM »
24 - 21 Pats

Eli will fold under the pressure and piss his pants  ;)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 11:47 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 21, 2008, 12:54 PM »
24 - 21 Pats

Eli will fold under the pressure and piss his pants  ;)

Yeah okay just like the last 3 games.

The only person who's gonna piss his pants is you, when you catch me on TV at the parade in NYC.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 21, 2008, 01:13 PM »
They have a good chance at winning but NE is like a well-oiled machine set on 'win.'

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 21, 2008, 02:00 PM »

Yeah okay just like the last 3 games.

Well, let's be fair here.  If the Laws of Probability say that the Pats are due for a loss, then they should say that Eli's about due for one of his "typical" games.
 ;)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 02:01 PM by Neal »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 21, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Of course the law of probability says the Pats will lose.  It just won't be in two weeks.

True, the Pats have looked vulnerable the last third of the season.  But guess what, they still haven't lost.  They took everything their opponents have thrown at them and still found a way to win.

Isn't it a bit telling that the Pats offensive juggernaut starting slowing down once the weather started getting ******?  I'm no meterologist, but I'm pretty sure there's no rain, snow, sub-zero temperatures or gusty winds in Arizona in early February. 

I hate the Giants, but they deserve all the credit in the world for playing their asses off that last game of the season and carrying it over through the playoffs.  They certainly proved me wrong in the playoffs by going on the road and beating three pretty good teams.  But they are also the same team that blew a 12 point lead with about 20 minutes to play in that last game. 

Belichick loves football history.  Why else would he allow Flutie to drop kick an extra point?  Why else would he put Vinny T in and allow him to throw a TD, letting him get at least one TD in 20 consecutive seasons?  It's all a part of history.  He and his team may not have said anything publicly about the undefeated season throughout the season, but I can guarantee they've wanted it all year (or at least since it became a legitimate possibility).  Belichick wants his name and his team in the history books.  Give him two weeks to prepare and correct any mistakes they had in that last Giants game?  I'll take those odds. 

Pats - 31
Giants - 24

And then Mercury Morris and the rest of those '72 Dolphin blowhards can take their champagne bottles and shove them up their ass.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 21, 2008, 06:26 PM »
Of course the law of probability says the Pats will lose.  It just won't be in two weeks.

Probability has very little to do with it.  This isn't a coin toss, it's a skill team playing another skill team.  The Patriots have a team that is clearly more skilled than the rest - they beat the Giants 3 weeks ago, and they'll most likely beat them again in 2.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 21, 2008, 08:27 PM »
****, you're telling me that teams actually have to play to determine a winner and not one team is going to win because the other team is due for a loss and that same team almost lost a few times beforehand? 

Ya learn something new everyday...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 22, 2008, 08:28 AM »

And then Mercury Morris and the rest of those '72 Dolphin blowhards can take their champagne bottles and shove them up their ass.

Asses.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 22, 2008, 12:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Pats are going to spank the Giants pretty bad... I wouldn't be surprised to see them score 40+ points on the Giants... the only way I see the Giants winning is if:

A) Brady gets hurt
B) The Giants are +3 in turnovers
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 12:08 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #400 on: January 22, 2008, 12:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Pats are going to spank the Giants pretty bad... I wouldn't be surprised to see them score 40+ points on the Giants...

Yeah, they spanked them pretty bad in Week 17. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #401 on: January 22, 2008, 12:18 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 22, 2008, 01:07 PM »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 22, 2008, 01:56 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Pats are going to spank the Giants pretty bad... I wouldn't be surprised to see them score 40+ points on the Giants...

Yeah, they spanked them pretty bad in Week 17. . .

True, the Giants played very well in Week 17, and have been playing great as of late.  But, as we all know, the Patriots haven't lost all season... I don't see them doing anything short of having an excellent game in the Super Bowl to throw down a hard exclamation point to their undefeated season.  The Giants might score some points, but I don't see the best offense in the history of the game choking, especially when they've already won three Super Bowls this decade.  They've been there before and are in no way getting caught up in the hype of being in the big game... however, each of their previous three Super Bowl wins were tight games... but they also didn't have the explosive offense that they have now... also, I'm thinking that Moss is due for a huge game.

I wonder how injured Brady really is though?  Practically every week he's been listed as probable or questionable in my fantasy football league the past two years... but unless it's something major, I expect him to be fine - he's got two weeks to recover.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 01:58 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 22, 2008, 02:01 PM »
It's a ploy to trick the Giants.

Wouldn't take much.

Speaking of the Giants, I caught the replay of Super Bowl XLI last night - couldn't make it through the whole thing because of the pain Grossman causes me...

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 02:04 PM by ruiner »