Author Topic: NFL 2007-08  (Read 121635 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2007-08
« Reply #450 on: February 3, 2008, 10:49 PM »
I'm just a wee bit bitter, but the Giants played their asses off tonight and deserved to win.  Congrats to them.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #451 on: February 3, 2008, 10:51 PM »
I'm just a wee bit bitter, but the Giants played their asses off tonight and deserved to win.  Congrats to them.

I still am sitting here in disbelief over that last drive...they almost intercepted 3 passes and had him dead to rights on the play where he twisted out of the sack...amazing

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #452 on: February 4, 2008, 12:05 AM »
I am still on cloud nine over this!!!  What's even better is I watched the game in my Giants shirt in a bar full of Patriots fans!

On that last Giants drive, when Tyree caught that pass after Eli got away from the I leaned over to a friend of mine and said, after that play, I don't care if they win...it was just so exciting to see them take the fight to the Patriots!  Then they won and that made it even better!

Now off to NFL Shop to get some championship stuff!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 4, 2008, 12:46 AM »
WOW.  Just wow.  I remember the 1991 Super Bowl so vividly, and I think this Super Bowl was sweeter.  The Giants had to work their asses off learning the new defense after starting 0-2, and this was just beautiful.  And to upset the Patriots possible undefeated season?  My head is still buzzing.  I almost want to play hookie from work on Tuesday to go to the parade.

One of the best things in the game?  David Tyree getting involved in some major plays.  That guy has been working his ass off, trying to stay on the team.  He's become a great special teams player, and to see him make some big plays at WR was fantastic!  That one catch where he bent backwards was just awesome.

And the defense?  These guys could give the Giants of the 80's a run for their money.  The pass rush has been phenomenal all year long.  Strahan has been great over the course of his career.  And to have Osi Umenyiora putting up some serious pressure on the other end of the line has been great.  And then to have Justin Tuck really coming up in a big way this season and especially during the playoffs, it's been awesome.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2008, 12:50 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 4, 2008, 12:59 AM »
To me not being a big NFL fan, the Superbowl was fantastic.  I enjoyed watching the game a lot.  The Tyree catch was awesome.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 4, 2008, 01:05 AM »

I still am sitting here in disbelief over that last drive...they almost intercepted 3 passes and had him dead to rights on the play where he twisted out of the sack...amazing

Hey, I still remember the Minnesota game and how horrendous that was.  So to turn things around from that game to this....it's just phenomenal!  I think the hard times and losses this season really made this Super Bowl that much better.

And that's definitely not meant to rain on the parade of the Pats.  What they did this season was unbelievable.  I think 6 of those wins were questionable since the AFC East was so weak this year, but that's just picking.  They had a tough schedule and beat some tough teams.  And they played a tough game tonight.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #456 on: February 4, 2008, 01:16 AM »
Why I have been a Giants fan.

It's not how you win, but how you lose.

The Second story, I'm posting because although I'm willing to give Belichick the benefit of the doubt right now, if he doesn't explain leaving the field before his team, I will not think of him as a great coach, but as a classless loser.

The first story, I'm posting because it's just so damn inspiring and has been part of the Giants' heart for years.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #457 on: February 4, 2008, 01:20 AM »
I can't believe how many people thought the game was so bad because of scoring...  I thought the Defensive play was great to watch, and just as enjoyable as watching two QB's slug it out with big passes.  The offenseive picked up in the second half with incredible plays.  It was an entertaining game to me overall though I thought, and I actually went into it without really caring about it (too much).

I was rooting for NY, so I'm glad they won it, and congrats to Dressel for the confidence in the win.  It's always sweeter when you're the underdog (believe me, us over here know all about that).

My buddy bet NY by 2...  He's due some decent cash tomorrow I guess. :)

Matt beat me to the post, so I'll reply to his too...

I  agree on giving Belichick the benefit of the doubt on that.  I figure with the 1 second discrepency, he left the field thinking his mid-field duties were done, he was disgusted, figured the game was over or the clock issue wasn't an issue, and it was just a mistake.  Local media's all over that though, already chastising him as a crybaby.  I can't say either way though as it really could've been a "mistake" basically.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 4, 2008, 07:46 AM »
I still remember Bellichick as the defensive coordinator under Bill Parcells.  He made a name for himself within the league with the Giants.  And to walk off the field when there was still that 1 or 2 seconds to tick off of the clock was pretty classless.  Especially against the team that got him to where he is today within the NFL.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 4, 2008, 07:56 AM »
THE GIANTS WON!   WOOHOO!  That was easily one of the best Super Bowls in all time history.  What a great game.  I never would have guess that it would still be 7-3 heading into the fourth - all they needed to do was keep it close and get a little inspiration at the end. 

Eli is obviously for real.  I can't believe he escaped that sack in the final minutes! He's going to have magicians calling to ask about that trick.  As for Brady - if anyone has a screen cap of that final sack, please please please direct it my way.  The way he was flying backwards looked like something out of Hollywood.

Congrats to all the G-Men out there and thank you thank you thank you for saving us from having to hear about Randy Maw and Mr. Brady for the next fifty years.  Oh, and Belichick - you're a whiny, classless cheater and your loss proves that there is true justice in the world.  Nice job of walking off early to really prove what a disrespectful baby you really are.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 4, 2008, 08:34 AM »
I agree that this was one of the best SB I've ever seen! Great game, even better cause the Giants won. I couldn't really call the G-men underdogs because of their record since the boys have been playing so well as of late, and when it counted. They deserved to win it. I've never seen Brady eating turf or off the mark so much that it was enjoyable! Yeah! Go Giants!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 4, 2008, 09:58 AM »
There's a trend in the NFL where the team that loses the Superbowl misses the playoffs the next year... I think that since 2001, every team except one has had that happen.  I'm pretty sure the Pats will come out and still win 12-14 games next year though.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 4, 2008, 10:34 AM »
There's a trend in the NFL where the team that loses the Superbowl misses the playoffs the next year... I think that since 2001, every team except one has had that happen.  I'm pretty sure the Pats will come out and still win 12-14 games next year though.

Agreed.  I think that both the Pats and the Giants will be back in the playoffs next year.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 4, 2008, 12:19 PM »
Other than Steeler Super Bowls (since I'm a huge fan and live in the 'Burgh), this is the most satisfying Super Bowl ever. Well played by the Giants. I commend them and congratulate their fans. I became a fan of theirs when they played the pats in the last regular season game. They showed tremendous heart in that game which meant absolutely nothing to them as far as the playoffs were concerned.

Also in a small way it was one New York team's vindication of another. The Pats cheated to win that first game against the Jets, so the Giants took them out in the biggest game of the year.

There's already a huge fuss over the whole Red hoodie thing to. The moment I saw that last night I knew it was going to be a bad thing for Belicheat. He'd either look like a marketing genius if they won and people would be scarfing up the red hoodie, or as it turned out people would be cursing him and calling the red hoodie the curse that lost the super bowl for them.

I'm ecstatic over this win!

I'm betting the '72 Dolphins have a truckload of champagne being shipped to the Giants headquarters right now, congratulating them and thanking them for keeping the only undefeated team record intact.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 4, 2008, 12:38 PM »

There's already a huge fuss over the whole Red hoodie thing to.

There should be rules in regards to the coaching staff and their attire.  Remember the good ol' days when coaches wore suits and ties? 

Bill needs to retire the cut-offs.  It looks ridiculous and is unprofessional.