Author Topic: Kamino Airwhale!!!  (Read 4533 times)

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
Re: Kamino Airwhale!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2003, 03:19 AM »
I'd buy the charred remains of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru before I'd buy that. ;D ;D :P
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2003, 11:53 AM »
I love it!!!! But I am not sure I would buy it...it depends on the price...but like someone mentioned before, it probably would be something like the Eopie and never see the light of day in the United States!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2003, 12:16 AM »
You're probably right Jedirhino.  I think if it was a TRU exclusive though, everyone would be happy.  Those that want one have the opportunity, those that don't can pass on it, Hasbro makes some sales, and at the same time they don't get burnt by overproduction.

:P

Jango Fettish

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2003, 06:51 PM »
Burnt and Hasbro go hand in hand whenever it comes distribution and/or production.

Either it's pathetic distribution or an overabundance of everything. They never learned their lesson after Episode 1.

The reason this wouldn't do well, IMHO, is because..

1) It's from a scene that lasted all of 5 seconds.  It wouldn't fit any diorama.

2) They could never scale it right.

3) What would anyone do with it? It's a bland beast.

4) Hasbro hasn't got the best of luck when it comes to AOTC Beasts. The Reek collected dust, as did the Nexu, even after the packaging variation scam they pulled to sell more, and the Acklay was pretty scarce all over, because maybe they knew beasts wouldn't sell?

I understand producing Arena beasts because..they made an arena too. Wampa, Tauntauns, sure. They made a Hoth playset, so that works.

But a Aiwha as a stand alone beast? Not too practical if ya ask me. It's really dull, white/green?

Besides, this would fall in line with the rest of the TRU crappy exclusives, like the Mace 12" with his unlevel eyes. No, that wasn't a paint flaw, his head sculpt was flawed to where his eyes were molded on two different heights. Also, the TRU Landspeeder that dealers have been selling at conventions for $9.99 or less because supply overmet demand.

I guess they faired well with like 12" Leia w/ Carbonite and that 12" w/ Tauntaun.

But, I don't wanna dash anyones dreams. This just probably won't been seen outside of someones custom shop.  :P

« Last Edit: June 12, 2003, 06:55 PM by Jango Fettish »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2003, 01:20 AM »
I think we all already agree that this probably won't ever be made, and I'm certainly not holding my breath, but somewhere down the line they might end up making one.  You never know for sure what Hasbro might try and pull off, especially if these appear in the Clone Wars cartoon (that would actually be very cool).

As for the Reek, well Hasbro was stupid by not releasing the Acklay at the same time, or at least the fat lard beast that tramples Anakin on Naboo.  They overproduced the Reek big time.

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2003, 09:13 AM »
when will they ever learn???!!!???!!!???!!!

Jango Fettish

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2003, 09:52 AM »
Come to think if it, down the line that can stick this guy in the same box as the POTJ SNowspeeder. Just a real nice window box w/ a Kamino background.

Thats IF they decide to do so, and it would have to come with a Kaminoian rider.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2003, 01:53 AM »
Come to think if it, down the line that can stick this guy in the same box as the POTJ SNowspeeder. Just a real nice window box w/ a Kamino background.

Thats IF they decide to do so, and it would have to come with a Kaminoian rider.

Not a bad idea there.  But you're right, it's a big IF.