Author Topic: Target TIE Bomber  (Read 7223 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Target TIE Bomber
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 07:21 AM »
I'll say, I did not even open mine yet.
Come to think of it I did not open the Arc Shark, White Tie, TRU AT-AT and Obi Starfighter with Hyperring either. I am kind of in robot mode buying the repaint ships. I have a pile of crap waiting to be plucked out but I have to build up the energy to do so. I want some new vehicle to get me excited. I will open the Hyperspace ring since that is half new.

Same here.  I've got stuff from September yet that I still haven't had time to open.  Huge backlog of stuff and it's just sitting there while newer stuff (Joes/Transformers/LEGO) get opened first.

I really do like the paint scheme on this version much better than WM's previous releases and I had hopes of finding more on clearance, but it seems that most of the Target exclusives are drying up a lot faster than I expected.  I could care less about the pilot though as all he does for me is sit in the cockpit and he's never scene again.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 07:23 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 09:35 AM »
What can one say about it really? Nice paint job? Sure. Lack luster pack in? Check. Great to see it make it's way back into the system, but nothing ground breaking here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 02:22 PM »
Actually the paintjob isn't film accurate so while I can see the spiffier weathering on it being appealing, I would think people would want the original over this one due to it matching up to the "blue-grey" coloring of the actual film vehicle more...  The light grey was only in A New Hope...  No bombers.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 03:46 PM »
Anybody still seeing these?  I haven't gotten one yet and I've been to 3 or 4 Targets in the last 2 days and haven't seen them anymore.  Have I missed the boat with all the Christmas shopping?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 03:49 PM »
They're still around at a few Targets in my parts here and there, but if they do have them - they're usually stocked where the $19.99 assault vehicles should be.  Can't believe I haven't seen any of those in quite some time.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2007, 09:56 AM »
I've seen them as recently as a few days ago, last time I was in a target.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2007, 12:34 PM »
I haven't seen these since the weekend of the big WOW launch at Target.

Of all of the recent Target exclusives, I think this one was the weakest. Like Darth Anton said, it was nice to see them put the vehicle back out into circulation - but the only thing that really compelled me getting more than just one was the light-gray paint-job. If it had been the same paint application/color as the second WM release, I would have easily passed on getting one just to open.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!