Author Topic: Target "The Battle of Hoth" Battle Pack  (Read 98494 times)

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: Target "The Battle of Hoth" Battle Pack
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2007, 12:40 AM »
Scheich also makes a lot of other trees for those interested.  They're not cheap, but cool as hell

The pic of the one you posted with the Gungan sucks, IMO. 

The Hoth set is worth picking up, but the Endor set sucks. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2007, 09:08 AM »
Anton, I'd take the Luke if still available!

If you have a WOW At-St driver, shoot me a PM.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2007, 01:24 AM »
Got mine today...  Havne't even opened it, but as I noted somewhere else, the Hoth one was actually semi-rough to track down today.  First Target was 100% out of both packs, the next Target an hour away said they had 4 Hoth ones, but when I got there they were down to 2 of the Hoth one...  Glad I got the one I did.

Again, if anyone's selling the gun tower, keep me in mind.  I'd like another or three ( ;) ) of those.  I may be posting some figures for sale from this set as well, as I don't want them all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2007, 02:16 AM »
I got mine today as well, and the Target I went to this morning definitely had more of the Endor ones available than this one.  This evening, I popped into another Target while my wife went shopping at Babies R' Us, and surprisingly, there were only about 6 or so Hoths available.  I personally prefer the Hoth pack over Endor.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2007, 09:11 AM »
I ran over to Target shortly after opening on Sunday (about 8:30) and found the UBPs on the endcap.  There wasn't any picked up yet (they had 8 of each on the endcap) and I grabbed the Hoth pack.  I wouldn't mind having the Endor pack (mainly for the Ewoks, even though they are just repaints), but I'll likely only get that if it hits clearance.  It will be interesting to see how these sell.  They really are a pretty good deal for what you get, and would be a nice gift for a kiddo too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2007, 10:48 AM »
The pic of the one you posted with the Gungan sucks, IMO. 

I'm sure my photo skills aren't quite as sharp as yours, but this tree is actually quite good.

Regarding the Hoth set, I picked up one last week and another Sunday morning.  They had 12 Hoth and 16 Endor sets still when I left.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 01:27 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2007, 12:35 PM »
I got mine today as well, and the Target I went to this morning definitely had more of the Endor ones available than this one.  This evening, I popped into another Target while my wife went shopping at Babies R' Us, and surprisingly, there were only about 6 or so Hoths available.  I personally prefer the Hoth pack over Endor.

Hey King Maul you wouldn't have happened to be in Cerritos were you?

I was lucky to score one on Wed. because when I went back to look over the Endor sets again the Hoth's were all gone.  Went out on Black Friday though and the end cap was full all the way to the floor, literally there were 2 Endors sitting on the floor with no room left on the endcap.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2007, 05:09 PM »
Hi jedipurge, I was at the West Covina Target (off the 10 Frwy).

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2007, 08:00 PM »
Anyone know if Target will be getting more Hoth/Endor UBP's? I managed to score one of each, but i want another Hoth. All Target stores in my area sold out in 1 day. Also, do the helmets come off the Snowies, just wondering, i can't bring myself to open them yet.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: December 1, 2007, 01:39 AM »
Helmets come off the two vintage snowtroopers...

About reshipments, these were a one-time-deal for the "Wow Or Never" promotion, and no secondary shipments were expected or listed.  Things change of course, and I believe most retailers have options of buying more if they want, but I don't think you'll see it with these sets.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 1, 2007, 02:00 PM »
I was hoping on picking up a few more of these on clearance even though $49.00 is a steal for this set, but these sets seemed to have all but dried up here.  Thank god these weren't WM exclusives though  :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 1, 2007, 04:10 PM »
I couldn't bring myself to drop $50 on this set.  I did want the turret which is worth $15 to 20 to me, and the AT-ST driver and 2 VTAC snowies are worth about $7 each to me, so at most this set is worth about $40 as I didn't want anything else in it.  Nothing else in it has any value to me at all.

Even at that, I almost bought it, but really didn't want to part with the $50.

My Targets still have some as of today, I may change my mind yet.  But the Endor set is a definite "no go" for me.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 1, 2007, 11:11 PM »
I couldn't bring myself to drop $50 on this set.  I did want the turret which is worth $15 to 20 to me, and the AT-ST driver and 2 VTAC snowies are worth about $7 each to me, so at most this set is worth about $40 as I didn't want anything else in it.  Nothing else in it has any value to me at all.

Even at that, I almost bought it, but really didn't want to part with the $50.

My Targets still have some as of today, I may change my mind yet.  But the Endor set is a definite "no go" for me.
I agree, Im going to save the $50 for the upcoming evolutions packs! Here is a great idea for a Ultimate Batttle Pack, what about doing Jabbas Palace w/ a new Jabba??? think of all the great things they could include in that pack!
« Last Edit: December 1, 2007, 11:14 PM by Darth_Ice »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 2, 2007, 09:06 AM »

I split a set with someone and took all the figures just for the Vintage Snowtroopers and the At-St driver. I put the rest up for trade and got numerous inquiries for the Luke and Han and had someone interested in all the figures. You might be able to turn the figures you don't want into ones you do.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 3, 2007, 09:30 AM »
There are still a few of the UBPs hanging around our Target, although they have now been moved.  They originally had their own endcap, but now they have 6-8 sets on the bottom of a different endcap (I forget what was on top, but it wasn't Star Wars), and they have 1 or 2 shoved in the regular action figure aisle on the bottom shelf (next to the SW vehicles).  It was kind of neat this past weekend when we were out Christmas shopping we saw two boys stop and look at them and go "aw, cooool - look at this".  It really would be a great gift for a kid, you have all you need for a nice setup on Christmas morning :).  I'm really hoping some of either set will make it to clearance though, but not counting on it.