Author Topic: Target "The Battle of Hoth" Battle Pack  (Read 98501 times)

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Battle of Hoth Battle Pack?
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2007, 11:49 PM »
I'm going to make a prediction in hopes that it comes true.
- "Surprise" Thanksgiving Exclusive for 2007, ala the Shuttle
- $59.99 price tag

Looking at what you get...
8x Action Figures
1x AT-ST
1x Turret (plus cardboard or plastic base?)

The figure values each are anywhere from $4-$7 (given recent multi-pack prices), the AT-ST is a good $20, and the Turret... let's say $10.   So $50-$60 probably isn't remotely unreasonable if the item is in fact a "Black Friday" (or thereabouts) exclusive this year.

The REAL question is the Endor set... should we expect a larger accessory like the Bunker or the Ewok Glider in there too?  Hmm hmmm hmmm....

Anyway, I feel obligated to say if it's $50 or less, I'm buying two.  $60 or more, it'll depend on how good and sturdy the AT-ST legs are.  Very nice though.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2007, 11:50 PM »
Probably be a good time to repost these...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Target "The Battle of Hoth" Battle Pack
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2007, 12:20 AM »
Very cool to see the finished product. (and thanks to our source all those weeks ago ;))

So $50-$60 probably isn't remotely unreasonable if the item is in fact a "Black Friday" (or thereabouts) exclusive this year.

Yeah, I can see this set being the Christmas draw similar to the shuttle was last year. 

I think it has enough "new" to draw me in, despite the fact that I already have the turret and the AT-ST.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2007, 12:23 AM »
I'm going to make a prediction in hopes that it comes true.
- "Surprise" Thanksgiving Exclusive for 2007, ala the Shuttle
- $59.99 price tag

Looking at what you get...
8x Action Figures
1x AT-ST
1x Turret (plus cardboard or plastic base?)

The figure values each are anywhere from $4-$7 (given recent multi-pack prices), the AT-ST is a good $20, and the Turret... let's say $10.   So $50-$60 probably isn't remotely unreasonable if the item is in fact a "Black Friday" (or thereabouts) exclusive this year.

The REAL question is the Endor set... should we expect a larger accessory like the Bunker or the Ewok Glider in there too?  Hmm hmmm hmmm....

Anyway, I feel obligated to say if it's $50 or less, I'm buying two.  $60 or more, it'll depend on how good and sturdy the AT-ST legs are.  Very nice though.

100% agreed with you Adam!

What a surprise to see all this packed in here!  I'm thinking $50-$60 sounds about right, anything over $60 might actually be a ripoff... the real treat would be to find one of these on clearance later.

Anyways, count me in for at least one set.  Maybe two if I can stomach the midget Rebel.  Probably two sets though, provided these go for the $40 - $60 range.

I'll go ahead and speculate that in the Endor set, we are now going to be getting possibly another AT-ST, along with the Bunker... and more than one Stormie/Scout Trooper.  Damn you Hasbro, for seeming to finally work out a better way to bring out these larger Battle Packs (the Arena one still sucks though because of the absolute TERRIBLE versions of Anakin, Obi Wan and Padme that are included.

Back to the Hoth set, the way the turret and the AT-ST are painted is the biggest selling point for me, and that it includes vintage style Snowtroopers (bah on the other one).

Also, I tried to clean the image some.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 12:24 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2007, 12:28 AM »
One more thing...

It LOOKS like the lower-right hand corner of the box is an item number.  If that is indeed the item number, it's quite long, which means it may well be part of an assortment if it's more than five digits (as the number are usually XXXXX/YYYYY Asst if it's an assortment or just XXXXX if not.)  But I'm just talking out of my butt as I don't know Target's number for this one or how it's in the computer, it just looks like it might well be one of multiple items.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2007, 01:06 AM »
Pretty slick...

Is that two V30AC Snowtroopers and one crappy one? 

I think I might get the set and part it out to get the snowies, Han, Derlin, and maybe the Luke, and then just get rid of most of the rest...  Keep the turret perhaps.

Is the Turret the POTF2 one as well?  Looks much larger to me actually.

And again, a huge thanks to our source for the early images on this.  Indeed it looks like a nice set in the final packaging. :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 01:07 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jedi Learner

• Youngling
  • I am ready to face the trials . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2007, 01:19 AM »
It's a nice set....much more than I think anyone anticipated.  Would have been cool if it included an updated AT-ST, but the inclusion of the original--along with the blue-coated Han Solo and turret--gives it a very nostalgic, vintage feel.

(I like to think that, offscreen, Luke went all medieval on a bunch of Snowtroopers and a scout walker after he downed that AT-AT with the grenade, just like he's doing in this pack!)  ;D

Anyway, these images are great!!!  Thanks for leaking them early!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2007, 01:48 AM »
I don't have a modern AT-ST, so I'm definitely interested.  Add a couple Snowies and Rebels, a Luke Snowspeeder Pilot and I'm all over this.  8)

However, I'm a little nervous about the price...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2007, 02:18 AM »
Seeing that everyone seems happy about this (nice to see fans excited about something made up mostly of repacks, ha ha) - let's also applaud there not being a Vader in this set!  Disclaimer - I love Darth Vader, but don't need another Vader right now, at least not packed in sets like this.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2007, 05:31 AM »
The only thing that would have gotten me to buy this set would have been 2-3 new SA Hoth Rebel soldiers, not a repainted Derlin and the midget Hoth Rebel.  The only thing I like about this set is the 2 VTAC snowies.  Everything else, if hanging on a peg hook individually, I'd have left right there.  The old snowie.  The fluorescent blue Han.  The Luke that we just got.  Both Hoth Rebels.  I don't want any of it.

I think it has enough "new" to draw me in...

Wait, what's new?  Is that a AT-ST Han converted to a generic Imperial driver?  If not there's not one new thing in there except 2 paintjobs on 2 figures (Han, Derlin).  And bad paintjobs at that.  Unless that's not the POTF Hoth turret.  But if it is, I don't see what's new.

...despite the fact that I already have the turret and the AT-ST.

And the luke.  And the Han.  And the poor excuses for Hoth Rebels.  And the snowies.  What in there do you not already have?  Help me if you can, I'd like to be excited about this set too, if possible.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 05:46 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2007, 06:40 AM »
Look closer Dressel - that's a new (kitbashed) Luke in Snowspeeder Gear not the X-Wing Pilot Gear.

Also note that in the packaged shot Luke still appears to include the Obi-Wan lightsaber. There's just no excuse.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 06:47 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline bikerscout1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have you now Paploo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2007, 06:58 AM »
really cool set.  I'm not so worried about the price as I am about 1) the space it takes up (small apt.) and 2) finding it. going to be highly difficult in scalper city LA
Are you threatening me master jedi?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2007, 09:31 AM »

I think it has enough "new" to draw me in...

Wait, what's new?  Is that a AT-ST Han converted to a generic Imperial driver?  If not there's not one new thing in there except 2 paintjobs on 2 figures (Han, Derlin).  And bad paintjobs at that.  Unless that's not the POTF Hoth turret.  But if it is, I don't see what's new.

...despite the fact that I already have the turret and the AT-ST.

And the luke.  And the Han.  And the poor excuses for Hoth Rebels.  And the snowies.  What in there do you not already have?  Help me if you can, I'd like to be excited about this set too, if possible.
[/quote]

Call me a sucker. Sure, they're just repaints and kit bashes, but with the exception of the Han, I can use every one of those pieces as either an regular army builder, squad leader or to customize. The only question for me is, will it be a good value? In fact, I'm going to look through some receipts to see if I can return some of the VOTC Snowtroopers I haven't gotten to open yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2007, 09:35 AM »
What in there do you not already have?  Help me if you can, I'd like to be excited about this set too, if possible.

Stuff I don't have -
 - Vintage Hoth Han:  The Blue Coat repaint is enough for me just from nostalgia for the Kenner version
 - Snowspeeder Luke: As Jayson pointed out, it's a new kitbash (see pics above)
 - Repainted Derlin:  Yeah, it's a repaint but it works for me for a generic Rebel Officer

To me, that stuff is "new" since it's different enough from the original release.  I realize that my definition of "new" might not be the same as everyone elses, so that's why it's in quotes in my post.

I'm also not sure on the AT-ST Pilot/Veers there either.  Could be a Veers repack or it could be the AT-ST Driver that was rumored for the Endor Set, and that is indeed the AT-ST Han with a new head. 

So, that's 3-4 figures plus the 3 Snowtroopers which are always welcome army builders.  That will be enough for me to buy the set, sell the AT-ST and Turret and then be happy.  Of course, I bought the $17 Grievous, so I'm a sucker anyway.   :P

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2007, 09:37 AM »
I'm also not sure on the AT-ST Pilot/Veers there either.  Could be a Veers repack or it could be the AT-ST Driver that was rumored for the Endor Set, and that is indeed the AT-ST Han with a new head. 

It looks to be the AT-ST/Han Driver note the Imperial insignia on the shoulder
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird