Author Topic: Target "The Battle of Hoth" Battle Pack  (Read 98507 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Target "The Battle of Hoth" Battle Pack
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2007, 02:40 PM »
After seeing more pics of the turret at RS, I am really stoked about this set.  Might get two now.  That turret is awesome.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2007, 03:48 PM »
I only want the Luke, Han (although the coat is way too purple) and the AT-ST Driver.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2007, 07:59 PM »
I plan on buying this set but only want the figures. If i decide to get rid of the AT-ST and Turret is anyone interested?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2007, 08:54 PM »
If ANYONE doesn't want their tower, contact me...  The figures aren't necessarilly something I want at this point,b ut I would like getting my mits on a few of the tower actually.  By all means drop me a line on it if you want. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2007, 12:44 AM »
I think it's great that the VTSC Snowtrooper repaints have the light tan/bone white color on their body gloves vs the baby blue from the carded release.  The spurts of rust don't make sense, but should be easily removable with goof off or something.  I have to admit, that tower is impressive too.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2007, 09:07 AM »
I'm interested in the Vintage Snowtroopers and the At-St Driver of a second set if anyone wants to look into splitting one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2007, 10:26 AM »
I'm interested in the Vintage Snowtroopers and the At-St Driver of a second set if anyone wants to look into splitting one.

Might take you up on that if I can find some on clearance.  Not worth it for the $50 right now though.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2007, 01:50 PM »
Just in case there is anyone out there STILL not thinking that the tower is new... check out www.galactichunter.com

What a nice surprise this really is.  I didn't think it would be THAT much bigger than the old one.  I did pick this up last night by the way, and it's even better in person.  Finally Hasbro adds some punch for the Rebels on Hoth.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 03:06 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Wow, I'm surprised Hasbro would sculpt a completely new turret just for this BP. Hopefully they'll release it by itself later. Might be a good time to create a new DS gun station too...

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2007, 08:42 AM »
I definitely think the turret would sell on it's own (maybe with one figure). I'd rather buy a few of those then have to buy this whole Ultra pack just for it and the blue coat Han.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2007, 10:11 AM »
I definitely think the turret would sell on it's own (maybe with one figure). I'd rather buy a few of those then have to buy this whole Ultra pack just for it and the blue coat Han.

Right, but that's the idea.  Several people will want a couple of Turrets, so they'll shell out $50 per set to get them.  Hasbro's probably more interested in making money themselves than getting you smaller packs of items to save you money.  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2007, 08:53 AM »

I actually found someone to split a set with. I'm getting all the figures, he's keeping the Tower and the At-St.

I'm keeping the At-St driver and the vintage snowtroopers, everybody else is fair game for trade if you don't want the At-St driver from either of the packs.  ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2007, 01:45 PM »
Anton, I'd take the Luke if still available!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2007, 08:39 PM »
This thing took 10 minutes to get out of the box, but it was worth it. I love the new turret and the deco on the at-st, but I posted the figures in the classifieds.

The logs weren't enough to get me to bite on Endor, if they had made a plastic tree with an ewok hutt in it, they probably would have had me. Especially if it had 1/2 a bridge, and then you could get 2 and join them.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2007, 12:05 AM »
Yeah, the logs are really, really lame in my opinion.  After seeing this in person, I just couldn't get the Endor set.  I doubt I would even drop $20.00 to get it.  Almost everything in it other than the silly logs is a rehash of some sort that I've seen on clearance...

Now, if they had included some sort of tree rather than the logs, I'd have probably of caved in.  Somethign around the size of this Schleich tree would have been great, as one thing we are really lacking is enviroment pieces for dioramas:

Edit - Scheich also makes a lot of other trees for those interested.  They're not cheap, but cool as hell - I've shopped a few times for Shleich stuff at this site.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 12:11 AM by CHEWIE »