Author Topic: Peg Compulsion  (Read 8782 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Peg Compulsion
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 08:52 PM »
I too have stacked figures that are all the same on one peg, as well as what Jon did with filling pegs and leaving multiples open...  I've definitely stacked the same figure though, and actually if the pegs don't get destroyed it's sorta helpful when you come in and see that peg of 30AC R2's is still untouched. ;)  You know that's one you need not rifle through then...  but you will anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 04:16 AM »
...but you will anyway.

Ain't that the truth...Compulsion, propels us to look even though we know we need not too.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 05:20 AM »
I've done this a few times.  In fact, to the degree of getting one particular figure per peg, so that when I go back to the store the next day it makes it easier for me to see if there's something new in stock.  It's a very, very sick thing to do.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 08:54 AM »
Before our TRU started getting TAC stuff in, I would arrange the 7 Jerjerrods they had on one peg - but every time I would come back, they would be all spread out again, each with its own peg ;).

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 10:47 AM »
I do to. Sometimes, I hide the pegwarmers throughout the store.  :P

I think you might be on to something... that would get wave 4 here sooner.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 05:16 PM »
Yeah, I've "re-pegged" too.  Sad, but true. 

My other cumpulsion, and I wonder if anyone else does this, is to check the SW section twice before leaving a store.  I may walk into Target, go right to the SW stuff, find nothing, pick up diapers, socks, deodorant, whatever, and then GO BACK to the SW section before leaving.

I know, I know.  Sad, sad fanboy...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Yeah, I've "re-pegged" too.  Sad, but true. 

My other cumpulsion, and I wonder if anyone else does this, is to check the SW section twice before leaving a store.  I may walk into Target, go right to the SW stuff, find nothing, pick up diapers, socks, deodorant, whatever, and then GO BACK to the SW section before leaving.

I do that when i go to a mall. i will check if they have new figures, if so i buy them, if not I walk away to check another store. If I am still unlucky and there are no new figures i will back track and buy 1 army builder or two if there was any at the previous stores. And considering this topic, yes sometimes I do repeg, but only if I am alone in the aisle or else i just get embarassed, i had some woman laugh at me once so i take a double look before repegging ;D
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 08:44 AM »

Sadly, I do this sometimes too.  Often, when we go into Target, the wife will go look at clothes and I'll run and do a quick sweep of the action figure aisle - then, when we do the rest of our shopping, I'll go in there again.  I think I do it in case I might have missed something :).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 09:14 AM »

There's a debate about how effective this is. It might cause in store stock to be put on the pegs, but it might not help get stock into the store since the store computer says they still have stock.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 04:22 PM »

There's a debate about how effective this is. It might cause in store stock to be put on the pegs, but it might not help get stock into the store since the store computer says they still have stock.

It doesnt help at all. It makes it worse because scarterringt hem around pretty much confirms people wont be buyingt hem so the store wont get new stock.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline bikerscout1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have you now Paploo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 08:49 PM »
funny stories.  I don't think hiding the pegwarmers helps because the computers tell the store what has been purchased/needs restocking.  We need to make cyborgs and give them fake credit cards or something to buy the pegwarmers. Then we can get the new stuff!  8)
Are you threatening me master jedi?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Guilty as well, though I've given up at TRU.  There's about 20 or more pegs there that are filled with EndBoo and TAC wave 1.  I just can't be bothered to move all that crap around anymore. 

I will say that whenever I actually wander into TRU on a Saturday evening, I almost weep at the mess that's been left behind.  Yeah, sure it was done by kids, but they have parents don't they?   >:(  I'm also seeing a rise in the number of opened packages as well. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline bikerscout1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have you now Paploo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 2, 2007, 02:59 AM »
i can't stand messes, especially on the floor at TRU and walmart.  The TRU I was at today had many things on the ground and I saw at least 2 people kick toys that they walked into.  Not even bothering to pick em up.  Sooooooo lazy.  sickening
Are you threatening me master jedi?

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 5, 2007, 12:12 PM »
Went in to TRU this morning to find they had reset the section to accomodate the FX saber display. I don't know what it is like where you guys shop, but ours has 9 pegs with Saga Legends stickers, and 15 with 30th stickers, with the two sections being separated by the 3 comic pack pegs. Of course, all the legends and 30ths were in the 30th section, while 8 Jerjerrods and an Imperial Gunner guarded the saga pegs. I sighed to myself/at myself and set about moving all the Saga Legends (about 70 figures or so total) into their section.

Hopefully (now that I have done the work) whoever stocks the section will catch the clue that when they order the old saga figures, the legends figures show up.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 6, 2007, 03:31 PM »
Went in to TRU this morning to find they had reset the section to accomodate the FX saber display. I don't know what it is like where you guys shop, but ours has 9 pegs with Saga Legends stickers, and 15 with 30th stickers, with the two sections being separated by the 3 comic pack pegs. Of course, all the legends and 30ths were in the 30th section, while 8 Jerjerrods and an Imperial Gunner guarded the saga pegs. I sighed to myself/at myself and set about moving all the Saga Legends (about 70 figures or so total) into their section.

Hopefully (now that I have done the work) whoever stocks the section will catch the clue that when they order the old saga figures, the legends figures show up.

I'll take that bet that they still won't have a clue...heh.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010