Author Topic: JD Fantasy Hockey 2007-08  (Read 21089 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Hockey 2007-08
« Reply #90 on: March 9, 2008, 12:38 AM »
I had dropped to 60 points behind Scott, but now I'm less than 30 behind.  Third place, here I come!  :P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2008, 05:13 AM »
I passed Scott for one day, but I'm back into 4th again.  Unfortunately I've used up all of my goaltender games and am nearly out of C, LW, and RW games too.  Maybe my defensemen will score a bunch of hatricks the next few games.  ;D

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2008, 12:34 AM »
It looks like Jeff may have pulled off another winning season. 

I've pulled back into 3rd again, now let's see if I can actually stay there.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2008, 02:18 AM »

Probably, but I've got a ton of games in hand.  My guys seem to be sucking too much to catch him, but I'll try.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2008, 10:45 PM »
I've got a ton of games in hand. 

By my count, you should have about 30 games in hand so you'd need to average about 2 points per spot to make it close.  For that reason, I'd say that it's definitely not over yet.  In the end, even if my lead is simply due to "games in hand" at the moment and I end up falling to second on the last day, I'd still be very happy with my team...

I have only made twelve changes to my roster all year and 12 of the 17 guys I drafted were positive contibutors to my team the whole year (though I lost 2 to injury at the end).  5 scorers in the top 21 of our league, 2 of the top 7 goalies.

So, when compared to a nameless person who has had to make 60+ roster moves and only has 4 of his original draftees left on his team, I think we all know who really knows more about the NHL and fantasy hockey and who got lucky constantly changing his roster all year long... :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2008, 11:29 PM »
While I certainly wouldn't say your draft was anything but solid, I'm not about to let that goaltender comment slide idly by.  I should have messed with the waiver priority and the only reason you have two of the top seven is because Jesse is crazy and dumped Brodeur. 

Goalies were a ton of my issue.  Going by preseason stuff, I should have been set with Mason and Emery.  The former sucked most of the year, the latter turned out to be a loon. 

I also got hit hard by losing Souray essentially for the whole season.  Some bad picks in my draft and a lot of good ones that didn't turn out like they should have - Drury, Nylander, Nagy. 

I still don't think I'll end up winning it, Ottawa and Atlanta are too much in the tank these days and those guys aren't producing at the point they should be.  Losing Heatley for four weeks sure didn't help much either. 

Time will tell.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2008, 01:42 AM »
I didn't realize Brent had so many games in hand - it should make this a little more interesting than I realized.  8)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 01:42 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 2, 2008, 04:48 PM »
I'm going to be the first to say congrats to Jeff on winning.  Looking at my games and the way some guys/teams have been playing (Heatley/Kovalchuk) of late, I just don't see me catching him.  So well done sir.   8)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 3, 2008, 09:35 PM »
I'm going to be the first to say congrats to Jeff on winning.

Ahem.

:-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 3, 2008, 10:20 PM »
What?  English is your second language or something?  Too warm, melting your brain in the interior? 

I said 'congrats'; you said he may have won.  Your lack of manners and polite expression to Jeff isn't my problem, it's yours.  Don't be generic, be specific.  If you want to be credited with being the first to congratulate Jeff you should have said something like, oh, I don't know....congratulations Jeff on winning again not something vague that's nothing more than a simple observation.  Sheesh ::)

I still gots three days.  I don't think it's gonna happen, but weirder things have happened.   :-*

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 3, 2008, 10:39 PM »
What?  English is your second language or something?

C'est peut-ętre. Allez en enfer vous anglais bâtard.  :P

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: April 3, 2008, 10:52 PM »
I still gots three days.  I don't think it's gonna happen, but weirder things have happened.   :-*

I'm not taking anything for granted yet...  how many point will you get from that Ottawa barrage tonight?   :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 4, 2008, 01:23 AM »
Not enough.  Heatley only had two points I think and was plus 2 maybe.  Nice, but that's been missing from him for three months almost.  Well, probably not really, but it feels like it. 

Price was 11 minutes from his second shutout in a row and my last goalie game of the year.  If he'd made it, I think it would have been real close but my guess is you win by about 15 points or so. 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #103 on: April 7, 2008, 12:00 PM »
my guess is you win by about 15 points or so. 

Good guess.  :o

I'm going to be the first to say congrats to Jeff on winning.  Looking at my games and the way some guys/teams have been playing (Heatley/Kovalchuk) of late, I just don't see me catching him.  So well done sir.   8)

OK, now that it's over, I can finally accept your accolades.  :)

Congrats to you as well for being the only other team who actually had a chance to stick with me.  ;)

It was fun to have a bit of suspense at the end, and if Ottawa and Atlanta hadn't tanked it so hard in March, it may have even been closer (though Alfredsson and Heatly probably would have just cancelled each other out).

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 7, 2008, 12:02 PM »
Definitely an interesting finish!

I realize Jay's not able to reply to this, but damn him for passing me and Scott for 3rd place.  >:(  ;)