Author Topic: Un-eggo my Lego  (Read 2921 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Un-eggo my Lego
« on: August 31, 2007, 11:28 PM »
Question.....

What do you LEGO folk do in the event of a move?  Do you dissassemble the entire piece and put it back in the box?  I'm in a tight space at the moment and I've regretably picked up quite a few sets that need to be consolidated.  I LOVED putting these things together and I really enjoy all the work it takes to build these things.  Just wondering if you half these things or totally disassemble ala Johny 5. 

NO DISSASEMBLE!!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Un-eggo my Lego
« Reply #1 on: September 1, 2007, 10:49 PM »
Last time I moved I disassembled everything and put each kit into its own zip lock bag. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 2, 2007, 04:28 AM »
I placed it all carefully inside a giant Rubbermaid bin. I wasn't moving them that far so not much was "destroyed" (biggest thing was a part of the Falcon fell off) and what broke was easy to put back together.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 2, 2007, 08:56 AM »
The only I didn't take apart when I moved a few years ago was the UCS Yoda.  Wrapped him up in Saran Wrap and stuck him in a paper ream box filled with packing peanuts.  Worked perfectly.

All the other sets were taken apart and put in Ziploc baggies and put back in their original boxes, where they still sit because I don't have the room to display them.  :(
Common sense isn't so common