Author Topic: Medicom Kubrick/Be@rbrick Display Cases  (Read 16511 times)

Offline jedismack

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Medicom Kubrick/Be@rbrick Display Cases
« on: September 10, 2007, 12:03 PM »
Does anyone know where to pick up the acrylic cases for these.I have some but I need more.Plenty of the ones for the unopened ones,just need to know where to get the ones for the loose ones.I bought all that the comic shop had at $1.75 each.If you can help pm me or post here thanks alot.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 04:45 PM by Jeff »
These aren't the droids your'e looking for

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 10:27 AM »
Thanks again for the congrats.Does anyone know where to pick up the acrylic cases for these.I have some but I need more.Plenty of the ones for the unopened ones,just need to know where to get the ones for the loose ones.I bought all that the comic shop had at $1.75 each.If you can help pm me or post here thanks alot.

Good luck on that. Medicom only releases them like every year and a half with the last batch at the beginning of this year...

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 01:43 PM »
Thanks again for the congrats.Does anyone know where to pick up the acrylic cases for these.I have some but I need more.Plenty of the ones for the unopened ones,just need to know where to get the ones for the loose ones.I bought all that the comic shop had at $1.75 each.If you can help pm me or post here thanks alot.

Were they Medicom ones?
That's an amazing price if they were.

Doc
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline jedismack

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 08:58 PM »

Were they Medicom ones?
That's an amazing price if they were.

Doc

The outside of the box had BearBrick on the outside of it.I am still new to Kubricks so I am not sure if that means they were Medicom or not.I would like to find somemore I am up to 29 Kubricks and trying to get more. :)

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 11:05 AM »
 Hi! There are 2 auctions on e-bay for the Medicom cases. 1 is for 6.50 each and another is for 100.00 for a case of 20. I think the pricing is amazingly high. I could be wrong on this but I think when I bought a case from Medicom it was @ 40.00 plus 15.00 shipping. The real Medicom cases have a peg on the floor to help the figures stand up nicely. You might also consider the Johnny Lightning cases that hold 6 figures. No peg as they are meant for cars but at 6.00 a cases they work really nice. They also link together to make a solid bigger display. If you look in the "show your Kubs" thread there are nice pix of these cases.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 11:53 AM »
Hi! There are 2 auctions on e-bay for the Medicom cases. 1 is for 6.50 each and another is for 100.00 for a case of 20. I think the pricing is amazingly high. I could be wrong on this but I think when I bought a case from Medicom it was @ 40.00 plus 15.00 shipping. The real Medicom cases have a peg on the floor to help the figures stand up nicely. You might also consider the Johnny Lightning cases that hold 6 figures. No peg as they are meant for cars but at 6.00 a cases they work really nice. They also link together to make a solid bigger display. If you look in the "show your Kubs" thread there are nice pix of these cases.

I bought some from a member over at KN.
It came out to about $4 or $5 each woth shipping etc.

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline jedismack

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 04:08 PM »
I found a plae in NY that has them for 37.99 for 20 Medicom one but it wont let you order them my friend and I tried and no go.I am still going to keep looking hopefully I will run across somemore I have more SW Kubricks on the way and I would like to have them in the cases also.Where can you find the johnny Lightning cases at?Thanks for all of you guys help.You all rock! ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Medicom Kubrick/Be@rbrick Display Cases
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 04:46 PM »
Where can you find the johnny Lightning cases at?

I buy mine at TRU, but you can also find them at some specialty/hobby shops, the kind that sell models and toy trains and what not.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedismack

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 05:06 PM »
Where can you find the johnny Lightning cases at?

I buy mine at TRU, but you can also find them at some specialty/hobby shops, the kind that sell models and toy trains and what not.

Thanks for the info.I am going to call TRU and a couple of the hobby shops.I can't wait to find some .Thank you very much for all the help.I will let you know what I found.

Offline gasman034

• Youngling
  • Things are not as pretty on the inside.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 10:21 PM »
Toytokyo has the official Be@rbrick display cases available right now at this link: https://www.toytokyo.com/shopping/index.php/page/product/product_id/7308
$37.99 for 20 cases.  I purchased four cases of these from them earlier in the year without problems.  Get 'em while you can!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 10:44 PM »
Yep, Toytokyo has the better deal. I too ordered 4 cases back in December last year for the same price. I'd jump on them at that deal, they even sell singles.

Kubricks/Be@rbricks 100% Display Box - Pre Order
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 10:51 PM by DSJ™ »

Offline jedismack

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 08:44 AM »
I try to order from them but it says that there is no shipping for my area.I live in NC and I know they are in NY but why wont they ship to me.It's driving me crazy.Can anyone help?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 04:15 PM »
Strange why they would not ship to NC, I can't check that out as I am in Canada. Maybe try contacting them via e-mail or by phone.

Contact Us

Shipping & Return

sales@toytokyo.com or 718-777-2212.

Offline jedismack

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 05:33 PM »
I am going to try to call them on Monday,I went to TRU and found a Johnny Lightning car case to try out for now.I really want the Medicom ones so zi can have them with the pegs for their feet.Thanks for all the info you all have gave me.

Offline spookedhippie

• Youngling
    • View Profile
needing a rant on medicom display cases...
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 03:52 PM »
Well just been reorganising the collection and low and behold my early bird chewie gets the peg he is on snapped off and stuck in his foot... i've tried everything to get it out apart from chopping chewie's bloomin' leg off! In the need of a good moan at the display cases, looks like it was a clean break of the peg off the actual case, so not at all happy!

Now the real question, am i over reacting as it is just one foot and no one will see it?! And apart from those of us who use the medicom cases, does anybody care if there is some plastic lodged in a foot?!