Author Topic: 2008 NCAA Tournament Bracket @ Yahoo  (Read 8062 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 NCAA Tournament Bracket @ Yahoo
« Reply #15 on: April 8, 2008, 10:24 AM »
Really great game last night, and I was happy to see the Jayhawks win it.  If it couldn't be UNC, I wanted it to be Kansas :).  I thought they were likely out of it when they were down nine with just over two minutes to go, a great comeback.  As a side note - is it just me, or does Billy Packer annoy the bejeezus out of anyone else when he announces these games.  I don't know, but every year during the Final Four he seems to say a few things that just make me think he doesn't know what he's talking about.  Anyways - congrats to KU.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: April 8, 2008, 10:31 AM »
I could not believe Memphis missed so many Free Throws at the end, that bank shot by Rose was amazing but so was the final shot in regulation by Chalmers.  That was probably the most of a College Hoops game I've watched in 3 years (PS EVERYTHING is so much better in HD ;))

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 03:13 AM »
It was a fun tourney to watch and to play the brackets.  Thanks JohnH for setting this up, and Congrats to you, I AM SITH, for coming out on top!

I hope Love and Collison stay in school to help the Bruins make another run next year in the tournament.   ;)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 04:03 PM »
I could not believe Memphis missed so many Free Throws at the end ...

Really?  I take it that you didn't see Memphis play that much this year?  Their horrid free throw shooting was their main weakness.  When you're blowing teams out, it doesn't matter much, but when a team can keep it close, you really have to make your foul shots.  Kansas knew full well about this shortcoming, and they exploited it to their advantage.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 04:04 PM by Neal »