Author Topic: JD Fantasy Basketball 2007-08  (Read 18251 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Basketball 2007-08
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2008, 04:16 PM »

I honestly looked at your roster and thought of Kaman as the secret to your success.  He's really stepped up this year in Brand's absence.  If Brand comes back at some point that might hurt you more too. 

It's true, I picked good sleepers in Rudy Gay and Chris Kaman, and drafted just as many studs as everyone else.

Yao is good for 50 games/season apparently - and this year now is no exception.  Did I amass enough stats from him to stay in 1st?  I guess we're gonna find out.  If it weren't for the fact that Gerald Wallace is concussed again and Kaman is out with a sore back, I'd say yeah.  But 3 of my best dudes are down now and I don't know if I'm gonna hold all of the current runner-ups off.

If I win, this will be close.

I need Scott to dump Yao off my roster because he's on the "can't cut" list still even though he's out for the year.  I already made one of my 2 moves to try to save my ass but I'm waiting on Scott to make the other.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2008, 04:35 PM »
Well, I'm gonna fight to the last game, but I think my title is in serious jeopardy!!!!

Yao out for season with broken foot

How many ******* times has Yao hurt his foot already?!
Dressel...I have your PM and can drop him but can't access the game from where I am at now...if you want to claim someone here...go ahead and I'll process tonight

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2008, 04:58 PM »
Dressel...I have your PM and can drop him but can't access the game from where I am at now...if you want to claim someone here...go ahead and I'll process tonight

Okay, I claim Brendan Haywood for BLK's and REB's as I try to limp to the finish line.

When you can then, I'd appreciate you dropping Yao, and picking up Brendan Haywood.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 04:59 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2008, 10:22 PM »
Well this should come as no surprise to any of you, but I've thrown out the towel and I'm saying uncle.

Injuries sunk me this year in the worst way.  Not that I think necessarily I had a championship caliber team even if healthy but I think I could have competed.

I've been without Arenas the entire year, and Kevin Martin, Jermaine O'Neal, Daniel Gibson and TJ Ford for significant periods of time.  I was without Carmelo Anthony and Granger for small periods of time too.

Lastly the estimates I read back at draft time had me hoping to have Brand come into the mix about a week ago.

So there's my excuse for the flat out suckage.

Thanks for passing the curse, Brent.   ::)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 7, 2008, 02:09 AM »
I think I messed up at the beginning of the season by playing weak players on my team and then not adjusting the team during the season to improve on my weak statistical categories.  I can't say I didn't have talent on my team.  Still trying to figure this game out.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2008, 01:48 PM »
Scott can you drop Wade for me?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2008, 02:08 PM »
Scott can you drop Wade for me?
Later tonight...if you want to claim someone here to pick up, go ahead

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2008, 03:39 PM »
I feel like I'm asking a stupid question now, but the March 6th trade deadline doesn't include dropping and adding players?  Or is that still allowed with some sort of intervention from Scott?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2008, 04:54 PM »
I feel like I'm asking a stupid question now, but the March 6th trade deadline doesn't include dropping and adding players?  Or is that still allowed with some sort of intervention from Scott?

You may add and drop players at any time.

The deadline only referred to trading players in a deal with another team.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2008, 10:23 PM »
I'm thinking it's time for congrats for Mr. Dressel.  I don't think I can catch you now and I've lost too many points in other areas.  I'm more concerned with holding onto second right now. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2008, 04:31 PM »
Just looking over the stats now and it seems only third place is left to be settled as there's no way I can catch the Dresselian roundballers and I'm pretty solidly in second.  So official congrats to Matt a day early. 

I will lament 2007 as the year of the bridesmaid for me.  2nd place in baseball, hockey and basketball.  I ought to buy some silver stocks. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Just looking over the stats now and it seems only third place is left to be settled as there's no way I can catch the Dresselian roundballers and I'm pretty solidly in second.  So official congrats to Matt a day early. 

I will lament 2007 as the year of the bridesmaid for me.  2nd place in baseball, hockey and basketball.  I ought to buy some silver stocks. 

A few days ago when you congratulated me, you still actually had a real good shot at a tie for 1st place.  Rob let those 14 games sit unused at PG/SG/SF and Kevin Martin/Gilbert Arenas missed games, and you almost caught him in points.  1 good night from Camby and suddenly there's a 2 point swing in BLKS between me and you.  And the FT% was waffling .001% between you and Rob.  I was very concerned that you could establish a 49-49 tie.  Of course I said nothing to avoid giving hints on how to beat me, but Rob's management over the past 2 weeks had me pulling out some of my dirty blonde lockes.  Even into tonight, I was concerned that Billups/Jefferson/Camby could erase the 31 PTS lead Rob had over you, Camby/Jefferson would get 11 BLKs, and the FT% would swing your way.

But if you were able to achieve that 49 all tie, would it end that way, or would there be some tie breaker?  Next thing you know I was gonna find out the other 6 owners were superdelegates and got to pick the winner  ;)  Felt like Barack.  Of course, the comparision would stop there.

Still can't believe I pulled it out with the BIG injuries to Kaman and Yao.  Those 2 were so dominant for me for enough of the season that I was able to ride the coat tails for the 2 months they were out.

But, alas, I did it.  And in the words of Nute Gunray...

"Victory."
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 09:01 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2008, 09:15 PM »
I saw the differences in those categories and the FT% was giving me fits for a while there.  Mostly I killed myself trying to make up a point in steals, overplaying Iguodala who did a couple of things, notably shooting FTs like crap and turning over the ball more than any mortal should.  Especially with a legit point guard in Miller playing at the same time. 

Scott's running out of games cost me a point in the turnovers; trying to make up steals cost me in FT% and I never honestly expected to be even close to Rob in points.  I looked when you got those injuries and figured no way. 

Obviously I lost this on points and threes.  I thought I'd be ok on threes between Billups, Iguodala and then having DUnleavy at utility later on, but I was wrong.  I'd go so far as to say Garnett killed me in a couple of ways.  There's no doubt he was a stud, covering a lot of categories with a lot of nice averages, but his points were down too much.  Three points a game is 200+ over 70 games and there's a point right there.  Shoulda held on to Turkoglu as well.  Oops.  And I wasted too many utility games on Durant as well.  Too many guys from my starting roster sitting the last couple of weeks as well, between Garnett and Billups. 

As for a tie breaker, I don't know if there is a stat or not.  I know they'll hand out double golds, because Scott and I shared the pro-football pick'em gold this year. 

I'm still anxious to see who gets third.  Unless somehow all those other things come to fruition and Camby puts up some astronomical triple double tonight of 35 points, all on free throws and 15 blocks with a good dozen rebounds (which don't matter anyway). 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2008, 09:58 PM »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2008, 10:05 PM »
What killed me was my teams absolute horrible shooting % over the last 2 months.  It was horrible...congrats Matt and I'll get you next year  :-*