Author Topic: Borrowed DS Conference dio idea  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Borrowed DS Conference dio idea
« on: September 22, 2007, 11:18 PM »
It was here a while back that I saw someone convert the packaging for the Death Star Conference multi-pack into a diorama scene, and I thought it was a great idea.  All of the figures in mine are standing with the chair backs hot-glued to their bodies  :grin: , but appear to be sitting because I raised the table level and put a piece of black foamcore in the front.  Vader is standing on a piece of styrofoam for proper height too.

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
Re: Borrowed DS Conference dio idea
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 12:14 PM »
Nice tabletop set up. Compact but still covers enough of the conference scene. Where did you get the idea to glue the chairs to the figures?
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 12:35 AM »
Thanks!  Glueing the chair backs to the figures seemed the best option because since I raised the table height, the chair backs were too short to attach to the floor.
Greg Reeves

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 09:26 AM »
I've already given my kudos over at RS, but here's an idea, can you replace the 2-D cardboard ball in the center with something 3-D?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #4 on: October 5, 2007, 08:26 PM »
hey that looks familiar!  ;)

you certainly did a better job than I on getting the foamcore walls to look more even, one I might fix that. I gotta say though I don't like the idea of gluing the chair backs to the figures, even though they may sit there permanently, it's damaging to the figures. perhaps just raising the chair backs up a bit to a more accurate height would do the trick?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 6, 2007, 08:42 PM »
Ah, it was you Corran!  Thanks for the great idea!  :P  Let me say, though, I was apprehensive about gluing the backs to the figures, but let me tell you, no damage at all!  The hot glue dries and is stiff, but pops right off with no residue if you choose to remove it.  I couldn't find any markings on the figures whatsoever.
Greg Reeves

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #6 on: October 8, 2007, 08:40 PM »
No worries, I'm glad someone put my idea to use and with better results. Good to hear that the gluing of the chairs didn't cause any permanent damage to the figures. When I go back to fix my display, I'm going to try and raise the chairs a bit so they look as tall as you had them.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot