Author Topic: 20 years ago...............  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: 20 years ago...............
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 04:02 PM »
Outstanding, now we know what Vader did between Episodes 3 and 4, he perfected his standup routine!  ;D

I remember hearing about this convention in 87 or 88 after seeing 10th Anniversary knickknacks at a video store. I'm pretty sure it would be the last push for Star Wars until Heir to the Empire came out in 91. It was a dark time for sure, the movies were over, the toys could only be found in clearance sections if we were lucky, the cartoons ended abruptly, the ewok movies bombed, and the comics were coming to an end. Who would know at that time, that 20 years later as we celebrate the 30th Anniversary, Star Wars would be more alive now than then.

Thanks for the link Hemish, it certainly brought a smile to my face.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 06:06 PM »
the ewok movies bombed

I resent that statement. Oh, and you forgot Star Tours, which may be my single favorite EU property.

Offline Jedi_Master

• Youngling
  • Owwwwrrrgghh Awwrrraahhhhhrrrgg!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 09:25 PM »
I had never seen this.  Too cool!  ;D  Thank you for sharing!
Please leave trade feedback for me here