Author Topic: K-Mart Exclusive 30th Anniversary Tins  (Read 15316 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: K-Mart Exclusive 30th Anniversary Tins
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2007, 05:36 PM »
I suckered myself into picking these up today.

Well holy crap!  Looks who's decided to grace us with his presence again after disappearing for a year and a half!  :P  Welcome back, Pete!

I have to admit, the ROTJ set looks like a decent set, price not withstanding. I would bet that this will be the first one to go.

Oddly enough, this is the one I've been seeing the most of at the couple K-marts I've hit the past couple weeks.  Found some AOTC sets too, but have completely struck out on the third set so far, which I can't even recall what it is at this point.

What totally blows for me, is that last time, I suckered myself into collecting both a completely packaged set, and another set to keep "carded" (on top of a third/fourth set to actually open).  Since none of these are unique at all, I at least don't need any openers of them, but I think I'm still going to feel inclined to grab two of each.  6 x $30 =  >:(

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2007, 07:07 AM »
i like the episode 2 set because of sora bulq and oppo rancisis, but so much money for 2 new figures? no :(
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2007, 08:51 AM »

Since none of these are unique at all, I at least don't need any openers of them, but I think I'm still going to feel inclined to grab two of each.  6 x $30 =  >:(

I guess we shouldn't tell you that you missed a chance to buy one get one half off during Black friday weekend. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2007, 08:08 PM »
Well holy crap!  Looks who's decided to grace us with his presence again after disappearing for a year and a half!  :P  Welcome back, Pete!

Thanks Matt! It's good to be back and actively posting here again.

;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 1, 2007, 12:40 AM »
I wish the ROTJ set had included a TAC Stormtrooper or DS Trooper instead of Vader.  Still, I'll get one if I can score it for cheap.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: December 1, 2007, 01:28 AM »
These are here at KM and Sears Grand in abundance...

These are dumb.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 1, 2007, 10:06 AM »
I wish the ROTJ set had included a TAC Stormtrooper or DS Trooper instead of Vader.  Still, I'll get one if I can score it for cheap.

I think they could have done a better job not including ANY of the characters that had previously been in one of these tin sets.

EP2 should NOT have included Mace Windu (he was in the regular edition EP3 tin)
EP3 should NOT have included Anakin (this same figure was in the regular edition EP3 tin)
EP6 should NOT have included Vader (a different Vader was in the regular edition EP6 tin)
EP6 should NOT have included a Biker Scout (the flip-up visor version was in the regular edtion EP6 tin)

EP2 should have included a Clone Pilot based off of the Evolutions figure
EP3 should have included an Obi-Wan instead of an Anakin
EP6 should have included the Emperor from the Evolutions set and a Royal Guard (just a repack of the ROTS red robed guard)

This would have made the sets at least DISPLAY better with a better variety of characters across all 9 sets.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 2, 2007, 09:14 AM »

I think they could have done a better job not including ANY of the characters that had previously been in one of these tin sets.

The only way they could have done a better job was to not release them. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: December 4, 2007, 03:47 AM »
So are these shipping in odd assortments, where the ROTS set isn't included?  I'm finding hoards of the AOTC and ROTJ sets at my local K-mart (and one other nearby K-mart), but have never seen the ROTS set.  It seems I'm finding freshly unpacked cases, so I can only assume there's some assortments w/o that ROTS set...  Anyone else having that problem?

I did notice that Black friday (effective) 25% off sale, Anthony.  Grabbed one at the 50% off price, but they only had two total down in Tustin.  Oh well...  But yeah, I should've deducted the extra $15 off my total there.  Not that it helps much.  :-\

This would have made the sets at least DISPLAY better with a better variety of characters across all 9 sets.

10, actually.  Don't forget the WM Cantina Band Members!  ;)