Author Topic: NHL 2007 - 2008  (Read 39646 times)

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
NHL 2007 - 2008
« on: September 28, 2007, 12:08 AM »
Starting this thread for the sole reason of forcing you guys to have to look at me and Trotz every time you post.

I went to our Meet the Team Party today and he assured me we aren't nearly as bad as the Canadian press says we are. How's everyone feel about their teams this year?

I'm honestly optimistic, and really just glad to have a team at this point.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: NHL 2007 - 2008
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 12:24 AM »
Starting this thread for the sole reason of forcing you guys to have to look at me and Trotz every time you post.

Are you sure that isn't Philip Wise?

;)

(Of course it's Trotz, he spent enough time here I recognize that mug right away!)

As far as the Pens go, I've got a great feeling about my team this year...  Made some good deals in the off-season, but didn't give up anything for them...  Didn't lose much to free agency...  I think too that our ousting in the first-round was mostly due to jitters combined with less than stellar officiating, and a litttle lack of grit.  We addressed the grit, and got the jitters out of the way...  If the officiating picks up, we're gonna be set. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 01:15 AM »
I.....don't......have.......a........team.

Anymore >:( >:( >:( >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 01:31 AM »

How many times do I have to tell you I'd be happy to share mine with your artic ass.  :-*

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 02:11 AM »
Cheer for the Penguins, they're cooler Brent.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 10:27 AM »

How many times do I have to tell you I'd be happy to share mine with your artic ass.  :-*

Get your buddy in the picture there to fly me down for a game and we'll talk about my allegiances. 

Jesse, I remember too many bad years with the Pens.  The Lemieux years were awesome, but they were beating my team at the time, so no. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 12:44 PM »
I have no hope in my team but I love them anyways...and as tradition goes...."This is the year for the Leafs to win the Cup"  :D
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 02:46 PM »
One thing's for sure, the Leafs should be definitely better in goal. Hopefully we won't miss Toskala too much.

As for the Sharks, I can't help but like their chances. Of course, I'd feel a whole lot better if Anaheim weren't around.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 01:37 AM »
Jesse, I remember too many bad years with the Pens.  The Lemieux years were awesome, but they were beating my team at the time, so no.

Brent...  We like you, and we accept you for who you are...  Come join us.

In other hockey-related news, I got some nifty free tickets to the Penguin's last pre-season game, and boy what a game!  We played Buffalo (who I cannot stand because umpteen Buffalo fans always make the 4 hour drive), and it flip-flopped in score all night.  Very cool...  Love the drama.

The Pens had a lead going into about 7 left in the 3rd and then let the tying one go at that point.  Then, with a scant 28 seconds on the clock, gave up the game-winner...  :(

On the bright side, my gf got the tickets from her place of business.  $150 each (but free for us) in the company's private box up high.  Best seats I have ever had, very ritzy...  I must say, the fat cats live large up there.  $150 for pre-season though must mean they would require me to remortgage in the regular season to get a pair.  We also got free parking too!  Usually $15 for an event, and right next to the arena. 

Very cool, and despite the loss and a $7 Coors Lite, I had a great time.  First game in 2 years for me, so I told her to try for a pair of regular season ticks if she can.

Oh and Malkin/Crosby looked real sharp, but Sydor was really looking like **** IMO, and directly responsible for 3 of the goals being scored.  Frightening thoughts to me since I was really hoping we'd made some good moves.  Still, it's pre-season so I'm not paniced...  yet.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 02:44 PM »
Go Blues!  We might actually make the playoffs this year.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 06:16 PM »
A very cool possibility for me...

I do believe I've got tickets to the Penguins/Sabers Winter Classic game January 1st.  Buffalo's a pretty short trip (3 to 4 hours), and a buddy's lined up tickets it seems, so I may be attending an outdoor hockey game!  I've even got a powder blue Pen's jersey in my wardrobe all set for the game.  I cannot wait for this!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 12:41 AM »
Pretty sweet.  I'm definitely jealous.  8)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 07:39 AM »
A very cool possibility for me...

I do believe I've got tickets to the Penguins/Sabers Winter Classic game January 1st.  Buffalo's a pretty short trip (3 to 4 hours), and a buddy's lined up tickets it seems, so I may be attending an outdoor hockey game!  I've even got a powder blue Pen's jersey in my wardrobe all set for the game.  I cannot wait for this!

Hope it's a better game than the ass whipping the Flyers put on the Pens last night... :-X

80+ PMs and about 20 minutes in real time to play the final three minutes?  That was the ugliest, nastiest game I've seen in awhile.  Only thing missing was the goaltenders fighting.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 04:23 PM »
The Pens are all over the place this year so far...  One game handing out ass whippings, next game taking them.  I don't know what's up other than I'd be dumping Gonchar in a heartbeat regardless what points he's putting up, and I'm glad Recchi's gone at the moment.

Some guys just don't carry the weight they know they're expected to.

EDIT:  I'd also add too, we're short our starting goalie and we have a back-up who I think is only ever going to be a back-up...  I could be wrong, he's so new still it's tough to say, but nobody's got big hopes for him...  Oreo McFleury was just starting to get his game going, and now he's out...  That sucks.  The Pens can expect to get lit up by a number of teams if they don't deal for a good vet goalie at some point...  We needed that at the START of the season, much less December...  You can't be the Penguins with the defense they have, and rely on the kids we have now for goaltending since Fleury's out for 2 months or whatever it is.  ::)

I felt the Philly game was getting slightly out of hand too with the physical stuff, and this from a pro-fighting fan...  I think the refs were losing control of that game by not setting a tone with penalties earlier on, but that's me.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 01:13 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 10:52 PM »
So at what point does Chris Simon just get expelled from the NHL permanently?  I mean, seriously...  30 games is maybe 1/3 what he should be suspended for his bull****.  Guys like that are the same pricks that pick fights at bars.