Author Topic: Torture Rack Solo NOT "Definitive Bespin Han  (Read 26216 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Torture Rack Solo NOT "Definitive Bespin Han
« Reply #75 on: October 9, 2007, 11:24 AM »
I agree.  If for some reason the vintage line was going to do one more wave and be done with, I'd be happy with that wave.  It fills the last "ultimate" Han need, gets another key Luke, one of the originals (Walrusman), finishes our "ultimate" bounty hunters (aside from maybe a new Dengar), and has two great army builders (Gamorrean/Hoth Soldier).  I'd be happy to see this lineup in 2009, if/when the VTSC comes back.

No.  You're not allowed to be happy until they do the Jawa and Death Squad Commander to round out the first 12 figures.  Absolutely ridiculous on the part of Hasbro to not finish out the homage to the original 12. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 9, 2007, 11:35 AM »
Yeah, it would be nice to see the first 12 finished off - hopefully Hasbro sees this as well.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 9, 2007, 11:56 AM »
I agree, the original 12 would be nice to complete.  I'm pretty sure the Jawa would be a terrible pegwarmer at that price though considering how nice the TAC version is packed with the LIN droid for a few bucks less.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #78 on: October 9, 2007, 01:11 PM »
It'd have to be a two-pack. Have to be. I mean, POTF2 pulled off a two-pack at $4.99, so a $10+ Vinty version would absolutely need to double up. Hell, if they followed the same ratio we should get 4 Jawas. ::)

Plus, no one wants to admit it, but what's really the point of SA-ing a Jawa?
« Last Edit: October 9, 2007, 01:28 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 9, 2007, 01:41 PM »
Truthfully I just want a single Jawa on the cardback and that's it.  I don't for a second disagree from the value standpoint or the pegwarming standpoint.  I just want the original 12 finished off so I can display the VOTC 12 carded with the Star Wars 12 backs and that's it.  And I can finish out my display stand with the original 12 loose and the VOTC 12 loose so they match.  Ideally they would shortpack the Jawa were it done one per card and if they could slide some sort of army builder into a case so it was 2/2/2/3/1 for the ratio, that'd be great.  Those who wanted the thing could buy it and be done with. 

And nope, no point to the Jawa being SA'd, I think the TAC version would be perfectly fine to use.  The only realistic way they could de-warm the pegs would be to make it a soft goods Jawa with a cloth cape.  Ideally in a two per case ratio one Jawa would be cloth caped, the other would be vinyl caped. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 9, 2007, 03:03 PM »
I definitely think that doing a soft goods AND a variant with a plastic cape would be a good selling point to this figure.

Morbug, you may or may not be interested in this idea, but customizer Glassman could possibly make a vintage cardback and seal a Jawa on it for you.  I'm not sure if he's still making carded stuff, but he is very good at it and it could serve for a good display until Hasbro gets around to this (I'm thinking that at some point they will).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2007, 11:44 AM »
Just thought I'd share an easy way to switch things up on your Han if you don't like what Hasbro did, as I know not everyone ventures into the custom boards.

It's not perfect but I do like it enough until Hasbro makes a definitive version.

head - VOTC Han
torso - VSTC Endor Han
arms - TAC Bespin Han
jacket - TAC Bespin Han
legs - VSTC Endor Han
holster - VSTC Endor Han

I actually tried using the torso from the SAGA2 Carbonite Han as the base for this figure but it didn't turn out well at all.