Author Topic: your worst figure  (Read 4180 times)

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
your worst figure
« on: June 13, 2003, 02:28 AM »
We all have found loose figures at garage sales, flea markets, and eBay lots.  Post a pic of the poorest condition figure that you have (in one piece), and where did you find him???
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re: your worst figure
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 10:31 AM »
My worst is a Yoda with ears that were chewed up. Since they are chewed they are slightly flattened and are about 1 1/2 times longer than normal.  His finger tips have been painted black. Poor looking little guy but I had to save him and put him in Dagobahs old folks home. Found him at a rummage sale with some other old figs.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 10:46 AM »
None of my figures are incredibly damaged, but my C3PO is probably in the worst shape. He has the loose-limb syndrome, unfortunately.

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 08:02 PM »
my worst is the c3po that came out in 1995. his legs and arms are loose and extremely dull
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 09:56 PM »
Here is a Death Star Droid that my friend gave me this week for helping him sort some Joes.  If you hold his chest and shake him, he will do a little dance! ;D :D :)

http://photos.yahoo.com/davidwsmith3374

Beat that!!!! :P :P :P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2003, 03:46 PM by Hung Solow »
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 13, 2003, 10:09 PM by paploo »
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 11:38 PM »
you know you want it. ;D :D ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2003, 03:36 PM »
I think I have a tie with two of my vintage figures.  My C-3P0 is missing the upper half of his torso (snapped in half), and he's missing both arms and his head.  And no, it's not the one with the removeable limbs either.  He's in terrible shape.  My other one is my 2-1B figure.  I have all the limbs, head and torso, but he's cracked in a few spots but can unbelievably still stand upright.
dustrho

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 11:00 PM »
Have any pics???

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2003, 11:42 PM »
I own a vintage Ewok now.  That's pretty awful, isn't it? ;D :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

obi_robz

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2003, 06:02 AM »
I’d say this was pretty messed up. Found it in my local indoor market yesterday, for 25p ;D. Someone has drilled a hole in his neck and glued in a match stick to hold his decapitated head on. He even has plenty of glue residue around his neck, just to add to his attractiveness. On the up-side, once his head is pushed down onto his shoulders, you can’t really tell that he’s been “repaired” :)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 06:04 AM by obi_robz »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2003, 06:14 AM »
That's pretty funny Rob!  Looks like one of them long necked aliens, or a bobble-head doll - not sure which!   :D

I don't think I have any vintage figures in less than near mint to mint condition.  I kept really good care of them all when I was a kid, and all of the POTF figures I picked up later on in life were minty fresh as well.

The only figure of mine that ever sustained any type of damage was my Death Star Droid who was along for the ride in my pocket, when I tripped and fell and busted his poor hand clean off (discussed right here in greater detail).  But you'll see that I quickly disposed of it in favor of my best friend's mint and undamaged DSD!  Little did he know...   ;D

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2003, 08:44 AM »
WOW!!! A custom Mekaneck Hoth Soldier!!!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Re: your worst figure
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2003, 10:50 AM »
Have any pics???

I'll take pictures of them later today or over the weekend for ya.
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2003, 11:08 AM »
That's a great item there Rob!  It's a shame that was done to a Rebel Soldier though...  :'(
dustrho