Author Topic: Target TFU Battle Rancor  (Read 116003 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target TFU Battle Rancor
« Reply #135 on: May 7, 2008, 01:02 PM »
At this point, I wish they'd just cancel all items associated with TFU. It is obviously a flop from a merchandising stand point due to game & Hasbro's other manufacturing delays. Let's just bury the TFU concept and move on to the Legacy and Clone Wars lines. Our pocket books will appreciate it.

I'd disagree with that had the game been out in time.

But even then, I still do not see TFU stuff pegging for long. Certainly the wave of figures has not clogged pegs. The troopers are very popular. I'm still looking forward to getting the Rancor and will buy the game.

I will agree that interest has diminished, but it's not Hasbro fault this time.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 7, 2008, 01:39 PM »
I guess I can see why some people don't want to collect TFU stuff, but I surely don't want them to cancel ANY of it... I really like most of the designs, and each time the figures make it to the pegs in my area at least, they sell out the same day.  The Vader, Stormies and Shadow Guards are hot figures around these parts... and Rahm and Maris sell fast too.  The only pegwarmer is Juno and of course the Wookiee Battle Packs, but I think we all saw that coming.

In September, I think Hasbro should sprinkle the figures back into the mix in a few shipments so the kiddos who find themselves interested in the game can get the figures from it.  And probably save the Rancor for the game release too (though I'd love to get it now).

And who knows, since the game got pushed back, maybe Hasbro has seen this as an opportunity to surprise us with a Shaak Ti figure or something else to coincide with the release of the game.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 7, 2008, 03:28 PM »
And who knows, since the game got pushed back, maybe Hasbro has seen this as an opportunity to surprise us with a Shaak Ti figure or something else to coincide with the release of the game.

Now THAT would be a pleasant surprise. I was hoping for this figure when I say concepts of her. She will be sadly missed if they never make her. She looks more like a warrior Jedi than the more passive one I take her for in ROTS.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2008, 10:29 AM »
the otheR Site is eporting it has been found, looks like i will be hitting up target after work today.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2008, 03:59 PM »
With the summer movie toys taking up a LOT of floor space, and our targets just starting to clear out the latest wave of exclusives, I wonder where this gets stocked?

I took a look at the otheR site, and was very surprised to see that it seems bigger than the POTF2 version. I just hope it can stand ok, and that Jabba's pet is slated for release later this year.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2008, 04:06 PM »
With the summer movie toys taking up a LOT of floor space, and our targets just starting to clear out the latest wave of exclusives, I wonder where this gets stocked?

I took a look at the otheR site, and was very surprised to see that it seems bigger than the POTF2 version. I just hope it can stand ok, and that Jabba's pet is slated for release later this year.

I thought it looked larger than the previous version(s) as well, at least from that picture.  What is the correct scale for the Rancor (Jesse?)?  I didn't know if the POTF2 version was accurate or not.  I'm on the fence with this one, it looks kind of neat, but I want to hold out and hope that we'll get a new ROTJ version later this year or next (using this mold).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Taking a look at that comparison pic over at Yakface today, this new Rancor is significantly larger than the previous version.  I might be fairly tempted to pick one up when these show up at retail, but I'm still just hoping we'll see a ROTJ version of this sculpt and wait for that one.  Looks good though.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Definitely worth picking up...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2008, 02:44 PM »
Does that Rancor driver have a removable helmet or is that really his face?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2008, 03:35 PM »
I'm not sure if it's really his face or not, but there's nothing removable on the head...

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2008, 07:40 PM »
Does he have swivel fingers or something?  Looks like the Rancor has a craving for calamari  :P
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2008, 07:45 PM »
Went to Target and picked up the Rancor. This was the only Force Unleashed item i was relaly looking forward to and it doesn't let down. i cant wait to get the Jabba's Palace version.

Not sure if this is an indication of anything but the target i got it at only had 1 case. There are 2 in the case.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2008, 07:52 PM »
Fingers don't swivel, at least not on mine... but I didn't try too hard to twist them.  Hopefully Freelo can slip out of his grip.   :P

Yeah evenflow... the Target I got mine at only had one case too...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2008, 09:27 PM »
I thought it looked larger than the previous version(s) as well, at least from that picture.  What is the correct scale for the Rancor (Jesse?)?  I didn't know if the POTF2 version was accurate or not.  I'm on the fence with this one, it looks kind of neat, but I want to hold out and hope that we'll get a new ROTJ version later this year or next (using this mold).

I honestly don't know Brian, as I've never really paid much attention to the Rancor's size.  When it stands upright, Luke can run under it unobstructed...  There's a chance the original is a bit small then, I'm not sure.  The new one's clearly much larger, and that's fine by me as they're, supposedly, different species of Rancor or something too...  Plus there's size differences that are pretty significant between males/females too, which could be a reasoning.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2008, 11:04 PM »
As good as it looks I have far better things to spend my money on..(BMF, TE, countless legacy figures)..so I will wait until a unpainted version is released. Besides the figure does nothing for me, looks like it belongs in the Pirates toy line.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: